#1 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 06 November 2016 - 18:40

• FRAG likes this

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#2 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 808 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:20

So is the conciousness of the first guy transported with the time travel or is the second guy just a clone who thinks he's the same guy as the first guy?

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#3 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:13

In this universe/multiverse, I think the remnant is instantly killed and thus "ripped of consciousness".

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#4 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 808 posts

Runner till Death

Posted 08 November 2016 - 17:02

Is it though?

Might as well be a consciousness gap where his consciousness is just overriding his other self considering he knows he fucked up 1 minute earlier. his one minute in the past self wouldn't know that right?

#5 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 08 November 2016 - 19:44

There is no physical explanation for consciousness, so in reality it would be more likely for the remnant to continue as usual and wonder why his device didn't work.

The clone would be a being in a universe who lived normally, and one minute before using a time machine he suddenly has memories of things that never happened.

LDT is LDT.

#6 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 08 November 2016 - 22:09

There is no physical explanation for consciousness, so in reality it would be more likely for the remnant to continue as usual and wonder why his device didn't work.

The clone would be a being in a universe who lived normally, and one minute before using a time machine he suddenly has memories of things that never happened.

I just replayed SOMA recently so what you're saying sounds very familiar, in a scary way.

The most patient man in the world

#7 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 808 posts

Runner till Death

Posted 09 November 2016 - 00:54

@physics

Yeah that's the most reasonable explaination in general but as the video shows the original body dies.

So in this case do you think the post-button is a mere clone, or the original consciousness taking over the one minute earlier version?

#8 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 09 November 2016 - 19:37

Yeah in this video you could say the consciousness moves to a different body in a different universe. However, do note that all other beings in the universe are cloned INCLUDING consciousnesses, so I'd say these mechanics are a bit inconsistent.

LDT is LDT.

#9 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 808 posts

Runner till Death

Posted 09 November 2016 - 20:30

yeah fuck this stupid video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users