Deception, Lies and CSGO

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:50

An investigation into the shady realm of skin gambling.

• Hardcore Bob, Pandaboy, Commander and 1 other like this
The most patient man in the world

#2 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:35

From my perspective, I'm not even remotely interested in gambling skins, let alone watching someone I don't know do it.

Why these channels and streamers even gain so much popularity is beyond me.

Whether or not CS:GO betting is dangerously unregulated and harmful for the younger generation, I don't know.
Personally I've always found the best way to learn something sucks is by experiencing it first hand.

I don't think kids betting skins online is going to make them susceptible in gambling later in life, quite the opposite, actually.

• Barzey likes this

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#3 Barzey

Barzey

• 88 posts

User

Posted 04 July 2016 - 14:08

I like watching people open crates of stuff as in when new crates come out just to see if theres anything decent in them, but from watching people like ImmortalHD, gambling seems to be a big part in every CS;GO youtuber. They get millions of emails for thousands of (dollars,pounds,euros) to go onto this site and promote it. There was a story not long ago about the big steamer Moe who went into agreement with this site, so when he went low on skins he would bet all out and then magically his number would be picked and he had control over this. This is making people feel, ah man if I go all out I can easily win. 

Also all the sites have like "Free code for 1.50 to play" so people go on lose their money and then all of a sudden put in their skins to try win that 1.50 back. It's beyond me how valve haven't stopped it but I suppose they make millions so why should they.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users