• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 811 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 14 April 2016 - 21:07

How to take an amusementpark attraction and turn it into death machine :')

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#2 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 14 April 2016 - 21:20

Yeah it's been around for a while.

10G for 1 minute won't kill you though.

Here's a guy doing 9G without passing out:

LDT is LDT.

#3 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 811 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 14 April 2016 - 23:10

Far from expert on this stuff but doesn't him doing those breathing intervals help with not passing out?

I mean I suppose people that are put in the deathcoaster don't have much training regarding maintaining consciousness..? making them pass out faster -> making them unable to breathe -> suffocating their brain.

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#4 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 15 April 2016 - 19:03

Yeah he's doing the "hick maneuver". The only way to breathe at insane G levels.

But even then, since the coaster lasts 1 minute and your brains can do 4 minutes without oxygen, it's not a death coaster.

• xTorturer likes this

LDT is LDT.

#5 Ofarlig

Ofarlig

• 1,010 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:22

Yeah he's doing the "hick maneuver". The only way to breathe at insane G levels.

But even then, since the coaster lasts 1 minute and your brains can do 4 minutes without oxygen, it's not a death coaster.

And since your system most likely is not completely cleansed of oxygen when your get on the coaster it can last even longer without inflicting any brain damage. There are many people who hold their breath for 4+ minutes without losing consciousness. Normal people can usually do it for 2 minutes without too much difficulty.

#6 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 13:29

It's a slightly more complicated issue seeing as the blood physically isn't reaching your brain, no matter how rich in oxygen.
But yeah, I can imagine ways to die that are both more enjoyable and effective.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#7 Ofarlig

Ofarlig

• 1,010 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 18 April 2016 - 14:53

It's a slightly more complicated issue seeing as the blood physically isn't reaching your brain, no matter how rich in oxygen.
But yeah, I can imagine ways to die that are both more enjoyable and effective.

Well blood not reaching your brain has nothing to do with breathing really, what I was getting at was that being able to breathe or not is not really a factor here as the blood will have enough oxygen for a person to maintain consciousness for way longer than the actual ride either way.

#8 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 17:00

True, the manoeuvre is big on breathing because it's close to a weightlifting exercise to keep your blood in your head.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users