LDT Relaunch - Celebrating 5 Years of Awesomeness

PSA

39 replies to this topic

#21 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 16 September 2015 - 00:19

"The past two years the owners and their circle of friends have been TS playing other games while the servers were left to die."

212474-Green-hand-mirror-color-pdf.png

On a sidenote wait for me to finish this dota game to get a actual un-biased point of view. 

• Loadingue and xTorturer like this

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#22 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:22

We can rebuild LDT, and what we don't need is people to keep hopes down. Here is why.

We have the people. We have the resources. We have the ability. We have the experience. What we don't have is motivation.

The servers went down in popularity because people lost interest. We'll need motivated players and moderators, but one thing at a time. What we need first of all, is a plan of action.

First, we have to decide what game LDT is going to be centered on. Garry's Mod is slowly losing popularity, even Garry himself hinted at a possible GMod 2 on Source 2. Once we decide what game it's gonna be (and I hope the Admins have an idea about it), we can focus on finding who is motivated enough to moderate or not.

Once the plan of action is laid down and approved, then we can finally say it: let's do this. And then we get it done and we don't have to feel bad about letting this community down anymore.

• xTorturer likes this
The most patient man in the world

#23 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 15:00

POPULAR

In response to Revenge + Trigg:

TTT Tuesday was flawed. I tried doing it before you guys rebooted and it made me realize one important thing.

It's not going to kickstart the servers by having a specific playdate for your friends and other mods to come on, let's be honest, TTT is boring now, if it's a task to go on to play, there's no point. The only reason the servers got a influx of players was only the population of our own community coming back. Populating the servers briefly doesn't mean having a new influx of players.

Everyone here is looking to replicate is what we used to have. Time goes on things changes, people get bored of old games, new games come out. And as it is, I believe my time in LDT is going to end, permanently, I just think I've grown out of games. 

You're all missing the point, it's a community, we're here to have fun, if it's just a case of forcing moderators and players on servers to increase popularity, you can count me out, demote me if you want.

LDT can still have a active playerbase though, but that's up to people being more open minded.

I'll give you one clear option that's literally the only right way (from my point of view, so take in mind for opinions before redding your arse so bright you can see it from space)

Short-term:

Play smite? Play CS:GO? Play Dota? Play any other multiplayer game?  It's no problem inviting friends onto teamspeak to have fun and talk, the teamspeak server is for our community members after-all, just try to lower the toxicity between friendgroups and mix more with other people (not with people you'll obviously argue with #commonsenseplease).

It's not like the forum is over-saturated with content lately, if you like a game or a thing, make a thread about it, discussion keeps topics alive.

Another thing you can do, stick your necks out for gathers, they'll be a lot more fun then you actually think.

For short term, the only thing you need to do, is be more social, if you have friends in the games you actively play, invite them onto teamspeak. And in general, toxicity is the last thing we need. Don't forget, the only reason we're here is to have fun. Invite others to play a game with yourself, GTA V had the spotlight for a while, but I think it died a bit prematurely due to everyone still sitting in their own little groups. Around 30 people from the community played that game at once. Imagine if we all got in the same online server, it'd be funny as fuck all the shit that'd go down.

Long Term:

Wait.

We just wait, soon enough they'll be a server-hosted game that gets popular and sticks for a while, most online communities are suffering the same, their playerbase splitting apart wondering from game to game. The most important part of this process is to be sure people from the community actually enjoy the game.

I'm running out of things to say at the moment, so I'll leave this thread up to refresh for a while so I can respond to peoples thoughts, thanks.

EDIT: I know of all people this is hypocritical, but immaturity and just childish nature from one to another is literally the sole reason people have argued within the community. 

• Hardcore Bob, Psycix, Kronasus and 7 others like this

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#24 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 15:18

Bumping just to say, if anyone has anything to say, feel free to talk to me on teamspeak.

EDIT: Also, for short term, add a CS:GO section and Dota section. We're a gaming community now, not strictly gmod (if at all lmao)

Before I vanish I'll try to boost the dota section, who knows, If I'm able to lift it off the floor, I might stay longer....

faggot"

#25 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 16 September 2015 - 16:55

Yagwog is right all the way, but he also points out something extremely important if we wish to renew LDT: we need some new blood.

I've seen few new people join the forums over the last months, and I got the feeling that most of them were turned down by the rest. I don't blame them for not feeling welcome. It's easy to say "welcome, enjoy your stay" in a presentation thread, it's much harder to take an interest in a new guy's hobby or add him on Steam.

A long time ago, some people said that LDT is fine the way it is: a closed group of friends who occasionally play in private. That's not a community. That's just being friends on Steam.

Thus, we need to show ourselves open to the outside again. We need to be at that stage where you meet a nice guy, add him to your friend list on Steam, and later you tell him "I've got this nice little community here, care to join in?"

Some enthusiasm from the outside is one of the best things we could wish for right now.

#26 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 16:56

@Trigg and Revenge
I'm a bit confused by your standpoint.
You're unhappy with the fact that here hasn't been enough change, but you try and shoot us down when we make a big announcement explaining how we're about to enter an entirely new chapter with LDT and change pretty much everything. Are you just expressing your bitterness with the fact that it didn't happen sooner or what?

When talking to admins about this all I heard was. "yeah it's dead, working on new prop hunt right now. Will get around to fixing that later."

Yes, we've been admitted it's dead for ages. I'd understand if you lost trust in someone who said they were doing their best on something in as bad a state as LDT. But as far as I'm concerned, we've never pompously bragged about any big changes to come unless they were actually coming. Prophunt is a side project from Cyrill who was trying his hand at Lua. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was never meant to be a proverbial LDT defib unit. 

http://forum.ldt.gg/...e-state-of-ldt/

What has changed? Nothing.
[...] 
Why should things all of a sudden change now?

Because that was someone like you, except more constructively, complaining about the state of LDT. Not us making big promises. Us replying to criticism is something entirely different than us making a huge announcement promising change. It should be obvious that we mean what we say; it's obvious what our intentions are, so you must doubt our ability. I don't need you to believe us, it's not something I can exactly demand of you. But your bitter and corrosive attitudes have no place here. 

Also, if you actually read the thread you'd see that psycix did manage to make significant progress and tackled some pressing issues.

@Yagwog
Well said. That's a very good perspective.
It's not about returning LDT to what is once was, it's about giving it a new breath of life to sustain what we've got going on right now in the best way possible.

@Loadingue 

I can agree, people haven't been very hospitable from what I've seen.
This is part of the reason I'm against people having permanent custom channels, especially locked ones.

LDT is happy to provide you guys with a platform like TeamSpeak, but if you're going to wall off your "cool kids corner" you're not exactly improving the feeling of community.

• Loadingue, The Time Rider and xTorturer like this

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#27 Sir Trigg

Sir Trigg

• 995 posts

Beardcules

Posted 16 September 2015 - 17:19

Just wanted to voice a concern which was nothing will change if we all don't work towards it. 

Trying to move forward a bit, I think we need to change pretty much everthing.

In my personal opinion, I think Gmod in LDT is dead. We could bring it back but, who would want this to happen? What else could we bring to the table we had not before?

I wouldn't be suprised if LDT turns into a competitive gaming group as a main focus. MOBA's, CS:GO, stuff like that. Maybe have odd servers for casual games, maybe even they will take off and it could be a main part of the reformed community. We should look at the main games people like and throw some ideas around.

(If I didn't give a damn about LDT, I would not be posting. I actually do want things to work out btw.)

Edit: Posted this before I saw bobs post, I'm not ignoring it lol

#28 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 17 September 2015 - 20:42

Gmod is indeed dead and any attempt to salvage the majority of it would be a waste of effort and resources.

We have all moved on and so has the playerbase really, so the next logical step is:

• To create multi game servers to create new players. 
  • Provide more gathers to further unite the current LDT population.
  • Try to look towards the future with a smile.

We all knew this day would eventually come, I can see GMR & maybe Deathrun running again if attended to (with modules) but the days of a healthy TTT server are behind us now.

I'm happy to help where I can and I'm kicking things off with a GTA V gather for anyone interested, things are going to take time as this will be no over night shindig, but as long as we all work together, figure out just what the fuck we are doing, LDT will rise from the ashes like hot steamy meat fresh from the pan.

Love you all and see you in game!

• Hardcore Bob, Loadingue, The Time Rider and 3 others like this

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#29 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 17 September 2015 - 21:01

Gathers are super-important.

Erm... Any chance for a CSGO gather? Any gamemode? I realize we've never done that, as far as I recall. Though it's one of the games we play the most recently.

#30 Dr Scheisse

Dr Scheisse

• 544 posts

Regular User

• LocationFinland

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:15

I'd love to play CS:GO 5v5 vs LDT people, you could even make it like a tournament (it would probably require a lot of work though).

#31 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:14

I'm actually working on a CS:GO tournament like that scheisse ;)

It will probably happen after the minecraft gather.

• Loadingue, Dart-Lobrik and Dr Scheisse like this

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#32 queen bee

queen bee

• 158 posts

User

• LocationEstonia

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:06

I never experienced LDT as a whole/very active community and at one point I was sad when I heard from people that LDT was dead and I wanted to believe it wasnt. But after some time I came to the same realization. TTT was dead = LDT was dead. LDT essentially was TTT because you guys didnt really care about other servers.

When I started playing on DR only few ranks came on (and I feel as in that was one of the only reasons I got a rank myself, because I was one of the only people who joined ts and moderated/went on the servers, from the community (which is mostly degraded to people who have a rank)). Yeah it's true that peoples interests have changed but actually letting the servers run dead because your interests have changed and you're interested in other games? Not only was TTT broken, Flood was/is constantly broken and unfinished(?), DR was broken because the lack of modules and ninja trying trying to fix things by breaking things. I saw people on the forums trying to provide some help with coding willing to give their all to try and fix whatever was broken. Because there were people who cared about the servers even if you didnt. The death of all servers could've been prevented by just maintaining them properly.

I honestly tried to keep DR alive but seeing as more and more ranks stopped playing because they stopped liking how this community is run, I lost my will aswell. When punishing someone rightfully for breaking rules on a massive scale, their ban was just cancelled because they're friends with an owner or a higher rank and rules don't apply when you're friends with owner or a higher rank person. My word (as a Trusted rank) didn't mean anything. Multiple times I was degraded to something less than a player and my actions were questioned as when someone who has been known for breaking rules was having fun wiping their ass with me.

You're saying you want more players/more active community but not really doing anything but playing DOTA and CS:GO in a massive circlejerk? Please, you've had the chance all this time. When I was one of the people who brought up prophunt server, people were hyped. People wanted a variety of servers other than DR, GMR and Flood (which did i already mention, is broken). You can't and won't get more players if you don't have variety and you can't come back and say the community is going to be relaunched if you're not going to actually quit playing dota and cs:go for 5 minutes and actually try to work on the community. Because please, as I see it, this community has actually degraded into an actual little circlejerk who plays games together and doesent really care about anything else? Tell me I'm wrong, but only say so if you honestly believe I am wrong.

Change would be nice, not only gathers is what you need (because that IS basically making TTT thursdays again) but you need servers what people are interested in and will play. How many of you actually play TF2? How did the Rust server play out? Minecraft? Any kind of server? 

The most important question is, will you actually maintain it, and how fast will it be before you guys get tired of it and will move on, leaving yet another server to die slow death?

I may come off as attacking but I won't believe anything will change until I actually see it.

I really want to see this community grow once more and build more playerbase and once it does I will be happy to be around and try and help to grow it.

• Daniel, The Time Rider, user and 1 other like this

I think we must conclude that there is ample evidence on this forum to support the hypothesis that Fox is in fact someone who can be classified as a "cunt".

#33 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:03

It is the sad truth, everything you said. But now is the time for learning from our mistakes.

By the way, I think a TF2 or Minecraft server is out of the question, too few people interested.

• user likes this

#34 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 811 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:29

imo it makes total sense that the servers died.

When I started playing deathrun a few years ago I had no social life whatsoever so I spent pretty much all my time off playing DR. Everyday I'd come on and play for hours but I wasn't the only one. There used to be like 15-16 people on almost constantly, always the same people. Every now and then someone new would play for a few days but then they usually left. At some point one by one all these regular players would eventually leave for some reason or another, leaving the server dry for days. This really bummed me out since I was still a big fan of the game but all the nice peeps left. After that new groups would form but they were either formed of 9- yo screaming fucks or just plain retarded cunts. These groups would eventually all fall apart and the server would die again. I don't think this could've been prevented by the server being "well-maintained", people just lose interest in the game and move on to other stuff.

EDIT: I know this is only about DR but I assume TTT and GMR had those kinds of main groups as well

Tho on a side not I'm sure the DR would be full all day if ninja had brought use those damn promised modules

#degradeddegradeddegraded

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#35 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:32

but all the nice peeps left. After that new groups would form but they were either formed of 9- yo screaming fucks or just plain retarded cunts.

This pretty sums up why I stopped playing TTT to be fair. Not that TTT was broken, I enjoyed TTT so much that I ignored that part and just played the way it was.

Most of the regular playerbase of TTT left / stopped playing and there where like 5 or 6 of us left. Leaving like 10-14 other spots for people but those spots where in my opinion filled up by "screaming fucks or just plain retarded cunts"

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#36 Nyanetto

Nyanetto

• 87 posts

User

Posted 19 September 2015 - 15:07

but all the nice peeps left. After that new groups would form but they were either formed of 9- yo screaming fucks or just plain retarded cunts.

This pretty sums up why I stopped playing TTT to be fair. Not that TTT was broken, I enjoyed TTT so much that I ignored that part and just played the way it was.

Most of the regular playerbase of TTT left / stopped playing and there where like 5 or 6 of us left. Leaving like 10-14 other spots for people but those spots where in my opinion filled up by "screaming fucks or just plain retarded cunts"

The main issue as far as I can recall wasn't as much the people on it as it was the random crashes occurring several times a day, with the same 4 maps being played. I actually recall the last 2 months of TTT being alive as being good, had plenty people that wanted to play without screaming at accidents.

Also GMR was horribly broken for a year before it succumbed.

Edit; The TTT tuesdays we did actually had old players join, that aren't active in the community. Mostly stating that they would love for TTT to just be fixed.

#37 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 19 September 2015 - 17:07

There are no great games to host currently, so we play Dota & CS.
Rust was fun for a while but so far hasn't been able to offer long term boners.

• Commander and xTorturer like this

#38 Dederocks

Dederocks

• 366 posts

-Dede

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:07

This is gonna sound dumb but why don't you do CSGO servers if that's all you guys seem to be playing nowadays, there's plenty of room for diversification and I'd probably enjoy a server that has a decent quality assured.

• yagwog likes this
Posted Image

#39 Danbready

Danbready

• 3,510 posts

The Irish Guy!

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:31

[LDT] Let's Do This  ->  [LADT] Let's Actually Do This

I believe there will be change this time. Whether it's good change or bad change, who knows. 

Nostalgia is always what brings me back to the forums to lurk about and see how everything is getting on. This community used to get me in trouble with my parents, fuck up my grades along with fucking up other shite. It was addictive as fuck. People leaving and servers dying ruined it for me and I also never really felt apart of the community because I didn't attend any of the IRL meet ups. I had the motivation to return but yeah, as already discussed, it dun died on me.

Whatever LDT has in store, you can count me in to participate. I'm always a steam message away.

• Hardcore Bob, Loadingue, Dart-Lobrik and 1 other like this

Religion is like a penis;
It's good to have one, and you should be proud proud of it!
But don't go taking it out in public and don't go around shoving it down other people's throats...

#40 (uk)pezzzz

(uk)pezzzz

• 128 posts

User

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:52

I guess I'm late to the party. Congratulations on 5 years guys! Don't know what made me come snooping after all this time, but hey, I remember good times back in the day so the best of luck!

Now for old times sake, heres TwoMike getting the shit slapped out of him: 

• FRAG and bongfeng5000 like this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users