A suggestion and a message to anyone who uses vending machine rafts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Tactical Rainboom

Tactical Rainboom

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 July 2015 - 00:50

A few days ago, I made a thread complaining that the vending machine was too OP. Recently my gearscore reached 8, and now that I have more powerful guns, I have seen the error of my ways.

The problem isn't the amount of health the prop has, but rather, the amount of dumbfucks who spend their entire life savings on making OP vending machine rafts without purchasing any weapons first. Indeed, these people are so fucking stupid that I can use a $400 lobby desk raft and still put up a good fight, because they only have the default pistol.

I don't mean to be racist, but it seems that it's the Russians who are doing this. I've seen a group of three Russians with their vending machine rafts try to take me down whilst chanting, "America sucks!", but to no avail. I managed to kill one of them before the battle time expired, and my own raft was hardly scratched.

My point is: If you're one of these fuckers who use vending machines on their rafts, stop. You're wasting your own money, and you're being no fun. Nobody wants to see multiple players use the same raft over and over again. I can understand players getting creative and using one or two machines for a floating shield, but not if you're using five or six and nothing else. Or if you're someone who uses only vending machine doors for his/her raft, you have much better options. I can kill a vending machine door in about five seconds from close range. Get creative and make rafts that are heavily armored while also being cost-effective. It irritates me when people slap two vending machine doors together, call it their raft, and say it's a good strategy.

My suggestions: We should have an anti-noob system, kind of like the one in GMR, that prevents players with a low gearscore from making expensive boats. It could be something like this:

GS=1: Can only use spawncash

GS=2: Can use spawncash and up to $500

GS=3: spawncash and up to $1000

GS=4: spawncash and up to $2000

GS=5: spawncash and up to $5000

GS>5: No limit

This system can also solve another problem: New players who join the server and spam props everywhere to make distracting earthquakes, mess up anyone who isn't using a private room, or block room doors so nobody can get in them. These aren't common occurrences, but they happen, and it always sucks for everyone.

Sorry if this thread has been too long. Feedback is appreciated.

• Hardcore Bob likes this

#2 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,701 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:00

I'm going to shove a vending machine door up your ass. How's that for using them?

• Revengekeuh, xTorturer, loz and 2 others like this

#3 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:14

I really dont see why you're complaining about people using them, other people are using/wasting their money and you're making a load of it back? Sure they're not being creative with their boat designs but what does it matter their boat floats and keeps them alive and pretty much says "Shoot me i'm a big money boat", you dont have to have creative boat designs that's not the point of the game mode you're meant to make a boat that keeps you alive not looks fancy. Their loosing money you're gaining it why complain? Btw it'd take a lot longer then 5 seconds with a gear score of 8

• xTorturer and queen bee like this
That Australian guy!

#4 Iksman

Iksman

• 540 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 08 July 2015 - 14:33

Jeez louise, who even plays flood these days?

• xTorturer likes this

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#5 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,517 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 14:57

... Indeed, these people are so fucking stupid ...

Kek out of kek this post made me chuckle.
I'm not sure, but I think there's already some form of warning or noob protection in place.
If there isn't a warning or noobguide would be the very least.

There's a reset function that resets all your weapons and restores your money to 10k, but I can see it's hidden from view.
I propose this function is made available to all players, with proper warning before actually resetting everything, of course.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#6 Tactical Rainboom

Tactical Rainboom

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 July 2015 - 16:20

Get this: A few minutes ago, some new kid comes on the server. He asks me how to play, and I tell him. He spawns eight vending machines for his raft, AND HE DOESN'T EVEN WELD THEM TOGETHER. He calls me a hacker because I killed two of his randomly floating props but he couldn't make a dent in any of mine. He gets mad because he lost at least $2400 from that fight, says, "This server sucks," and leaves.

I've had it with these idiots.

#7 TheMelonMan

TheMelonMan

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 08 July 2015 - 16:41

No one who has an MLP avatar has any right to call anyone else an idiot 

• Hobanobaclypse, Valikai, Revengekeuh and 6 others like this

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#8 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,517 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 18:15

19:15 - [LDT] TheMelonMan is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
19:15 - [LDT] Hardcore Bob: idiot

(Anyway, thank you for your insightful contribution Melonman)
  • The Time Rider, xTorturer and queen bee like this

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#9 TheMelonMan

TheMelonMan

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 08 July 2015 - 19:23

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my own shitposting

• Cyrill Jones, Hobanobaclypse, The Time Rider and 2 others like this

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#10 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,517 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 19:35

Lol this thread is full of shitposts:

That's correct. That's why it would be unfair to punish you and not them. (Which is why I didn't)
However, yours is undermining the OP, what he stands for, and can potentially set in motion flamewars.

#11 EarthwormEd

EarthwormEd

• 2,644 posts

Wat is dat?

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:38

fuck you bronies need to be the main subject of the second holocaust

• Cyrill Jones, Hobanobaclypse, TheMelonMan and 3 others like this
Posted Image

#12 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:33

Spoiler

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,517 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:57

Hey ed that's really offensive don't you know?

#14 queen bee

queen bee

• 158 posts

User

• LocationEstonia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 13:02

Hey ed that's really offensive don't you know?

i thought that was all this community was all about, I feel like I've been ripped off

• Commander and xTorturer like this

I think we must conclude that there is ample evidence on this forum to support the hypothesis that Fox is in fact someone who can be classified as a "cunt".

#15 Iksman

Iksman

• 540 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 09 July 2015 - 18:14

You should ask for your money back then

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]