• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tactical Rainboom

Tactical Rainboom

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 06 July 2015 - 19:53

I like Flood, and I only have one problem with it:

All I see are vending machines and vending machine doors. It seems that they're the only useful props to use in boat-building, when compared to the others. They float better than pretty much anything else, and they have WAY too much health. Vending machines destroy the point of Flood, as plastic props are meant to be buoyant and light, steel props sink but have a lot of health, and wood props are in the middle. They have more health than most steel props, and float better than most plastic props. This is ridiculous.

Here are my solutions:

-Reducing their health as follows:

Vending Machine Doors: 150 --> 125

Vending Machines: 900 --> 700

--OR--

-Increasing their price as follows:

Doors: 250 --> 300

Machines: 1200 --> 2000

This will help make these less appealing, and force players to actually have some creativity.

And don't say that the vending machine is fine the way it is. Just a few hours ago, a team of three players took on the entire 12-player server with a boat made of 8 vending machines and some barrels. They won 5 consecutive rounds, and their boat was virtually untouched every time. Don't you dare say it, or I will reach through my computer screen and punch you in the face.

#2 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,701 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 06 July 2015 - 20:30

I'm not that fond of Floodmod, but chances are they had a better gearscore.

#3 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 22:27

Vending machines are powerful but they cost more than they have HP. There are many wooden props that are the smarter choice. You just think it's overpowered because a very lazy boat design can be very strong, but at the same time it's extremely expensive.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#4 Tactical Rainboom

Tactical Rainboom

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 06 July 2015 - 23:54

Okay, let's assume for a moment that the vending machine is balanced. How do you suppose we fix the problem of the lack of creativity?

#5 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 23:58

It's not a problem if it's balanced, is it?
If you can consistently build more cost-effective boats, you'll eventually out-earn your opposition.

Your opposition is probably just a lot stronger, make sure they don't make illegal teams and try to win your battles with diplomacy.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#6 Tactical Rainboom

Tactical Rainboom

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:47

Balanced or not, it's no fun when every player uses the same lame vending machine boat every time. That's what I'm saying.

#7 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:00

Vending machines are fine i don't see why you're complaining they're easy as money no matter your gear score you can hit it from the other side of the map and get loads of cash.If you're getting by people that use the vending machines you need to build a more armored boat. And with the metal props they take about 1-2 shots to do 1 damage they dont do as much damage as they do on plastic and wood pretty much doubling their health hence why they are annoying to destroy. If you have enough people with high enough gear score targeting that specific "over powered vending machine boat" then it'll eventually get destroyed. I honestly don't see any problem with the vending machines as they just allow you to farm money pretty much, but i will admit they are quiet hard to destroy if there's about 5 or more of them even if you have a 20+ gear score.

That Australian guy!

#8 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:26

Floods balancing sort of arrives in how you make money in the first place, by shooting stuff. The most OP boat will have cost them the most money, and if you play correctly will earn you the most money! You can come second place in the round and make a better profit than the winning team.

Second thought is to not spread your damage, aim wisely and take a look at their build as it may have a weak point. (A whole vending machine can often be the only thing keeping a big boat afloat, I recommend the crossbow for new players) Destroying whole props can destabilise certain boats and dunk a whole team in the drink without having to do as much work, and stops them getting the refund on their most expensive part. As for the vending machine door, I think you mean the metal plate over 3 doors design, you only have to shoot 1 or 2 doors out from underneath to turn that thing vertical  :P

As for creativity, I usually make a giant pink sailing ship like thing with wood and book-cases etc to blind the opposition, creativity is down to you!

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

#9 Tactical Rainboom

Tactical Rainboom

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:29

Can you explain the gearscore system? I've looked everywhere, nobody seems to have explained it properly.

#10 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:43

The more powerful weapons someone has, the higher it is.
  • Tactical Rainboom likes this

LDT is LDT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users