View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

custommusic/evans.mp3 - Works in-game as a sound, but can't find it in gamefiles?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Radek

Radek

• 34 posts

New User

• LocationMy Desktop Computer :p

Posted 18 April 2015 - 21:23

So, I can't seem to find custommusic/evans.mp3 (Tricky Dick's background song) in my game files. I searched in downloads/sound, but there was no folder named "custommusic", so I searched in "downloads", but there were no sound files. Using the windows explorer search function on the whole garrysmod folder for "evans.mp3" returned no results aswell. This is really strange. Where is the sound file being stored then? Does anybody know where exactly?

Or well, maybe it is hidden in that mess of folders in "user_custom" inside a .gma file. But who knows.

(There is no "sound" folder inside the "garrysmod", as server-downloaded legacy content files go to the "download" folder.)

#2 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 18 April 2015 - 21:34

It's in the map itself I think, in the .bsp.

At least when I was failing at map making one of the things I did was put a song in a map and I had to compile it into it.

#3 Radek

Radek

• 34 posts

New User

• LocationMy Desktop Computer :p

Posted 18 April 2015 - 21:42

Another thing is, that it works on any map, even while I am being in the main menu, so it must be somewhere on my computer.

#4 Showfur

Showfur

• 444 posts

Showfur

Posted 18 April 2015 - 21:56

I integrated the mp3 itself into the map file, which is why you can't find it.  It is literally part of the .bsp that the map is.  I think the reason it allows you to play it on other maps and etc is because since it knows the map .bsp then it can draw upon the music I packed into it.

Here is the song:

• user likes this
What, I don't think my handwriting can be done through typing, you know.

#5 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

• Steam:STEAM_0:1:7052825
  • LocationBirmingham, England

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:52

Heres the .mp3 from the map if you want it

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Posted Image

"Motoki: vaginas are gay"

0 user(s) are reading this topic