Teaching staff how to moderate.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Wondering Womble

Wondering Womble

• 5 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 05 January 2015 - 17:28

Today playing on your GMR server, and ran into a staff member who I think was being rude, disrespectful, and overall being a bad admin. They commanded respect without earning it, ignored my opinions and suggestions, then told me that he didn't want to discuss it. This thread isn't meant to be a witch-hunting one so I blanked out their name, all the blanked names are the same person. I just think you need to tell your staff how to properly moderate and make a friendly environment on the server. Anything we did was without malicious intent, however the admin overreacted and refused to admit that they were at all in the wrong. Although I won't pretend I acted perfectly in all these situations I believe that the staff member was the wrong in the wrong, and really needs to learn how to properly moderate a server.

Due to request - The player was 'Loz'.

Attached Files

#2 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 January 2015 - 17:37

There are only about 4 admins and 3 owners. It was most likely a ranked being Trusted or regular, and for the situation it is pretty important to know who it was, even if they don't want it. 

Edit: Nvm the person is shown in further screenshots.

#3 Wondering Womble

Wondering Womble

• 5 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 05 January 2015 - 17:56

http://prntscr.com/5ot3iq

http://prntscr.com/5ot4g6

http://prntscr.com/5ot4sk

http://prntscr.com/5ot59n

Including the name in later screenshots was an accident before.

#4 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 January 2015 - 18:05

He sure could've been nicer but it is actually blatant chatspamming, it wasn't like the person kept explaining a thing which took alot of words which filled the chat but it was the same over and over, besides that other people joined in with it it could've grown to a bigger mess so loz warned the starter of that with a kick. Though calling the people idiots isn't the most professional way.

#5 Wondering Womble

Wondering Womble

• 5 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 05 January 2015 - 18:17

The person who was kicked was not chatspamming though, he said it once there. Other people joining in was not his decision or choice so why should he have been punished for it? He didn't put the same thing in chat multiple times, he did it once there. If anyone said something, people could start repeating what that person sent and the person who originally did it would be punished. 

#6 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 January 2015 - 18:22

He infact if you look again on your chat posted it twice where another person joined in and did exactly the same, that is not huge micspamming or such could just be found a bit unnecessary but as i see it loz decided to kick the one who started with it to prevent a bigger happening. But i wasn't there at the time that's only my spectators position

#7 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 05 January 2015 - 18:24

Ok for a start your pictures spin a VERY biased story, as do you. Your "group" of about 4 or 5 were spamming repeatedly before this, and the fact that I kicked one of you to make an example of the rest means I was being quite kind in actuality. This is your group spamming (multiple instances)

mjFCl0b.jpg6sFeHT1.jpgdGyzrND.jpg

After this I kicked one of you, the other 3 or 4 of you then immediately jumped to his defense and started on the attack against me, so I was a bit rude I would argue my moderating was just, and this topic be renamed to "teaching loz how to be nice when 5 people are against him" but you were being just as horrible back to me;

PeABPlc.jpgrIfQcVj.jpg

Your group didn't stop spamming even though I had tried to get you all to obey the rules;

Fb4hieO.jpg

So if you want to have a screenshot war, fine! But I can only say I believe I acted accordingly, and your group didn't exactly deserve my usual politeness and understanding.

• Hardcore Bob, The Time Rider, Fox and 5 others like this

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

#8 Wondering Womble

Wondering Womble

• 5 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 05 January 2015 - 18:39

You didn't give me any politeness or understanding either though, even though I was maintaining a level head. You didn't explain yourself then, and no one was showing that the messages were annoying them. All the would have been needed was a simple warning and everything would have been sorted.

#9 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 January 2015 - 19:01

There is no need to wait if the chatspam annoys people, the rule doesn't say No chatspamming(if it annoys anyone), would mean otherwise it is legit. No, just no.

#10 Wondering Womble

Wondering Womble

• 5 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 05 January 2015 - 19:06

If the rule isn't to prevent annoyance then why is it in place?

#11 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 05 January 2015 - 19:23

No, it does mean to stop annoyance to other players, it also means people like me don't have to go through a billion lines of "lol" before I get to any information that I need (that's an afterthought though)

Loz, you could've dealt with things a little better, but seen as you got ganged up on then I can understand your position.

The kick was justified but should have been better explained when questioned.
  • Psycix and loz like this

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#12 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 05 January 2015 - 19:23

i think this whole thread is senseless and unnecessary. Because you described as it is okay when someone chatspams or micspams unless it annoys someone, so after your words everyone could chatspam if nobody clearly says he is annoyed by that...

#13 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 05 January 2015 - 19:27

Fair enough Frag, I accept that.

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

#14 Nyanetto

Nyanetto

• 87 posts

User

Posted 05 January 2015 - 20:03

i think this whole thread is senseless and unnecessary. Because you described as it is okay when someone chatspams or micspams unless it annoys someone, so after your words everyone could chatspam if nobody clearly says he is annoyed by that...

You seem a little biased, Fox. Mostly people get a warning before getting kicked, and there are hardly any exceptions to that except hacking. So I for one can easily see why he thinks his friends were being treated unjustly.

#15 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 05 January 2015 - 20:12

It's just a kick. Not a ban.

A kick allows you to rejoin instantly, and pretty much serves as the requested warning.

+1 to Frag, that was very well said, and concludes the thread in my opinion.

I'm going to lock it down now, if anyone strongly feels like it shouldn't be, they can send me a PM.

EDIT: I also moved this to the "Bans" section as this is practically an abuse report.

• Marmite and bongfeng5000 like this

LDT is LDT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users