6 replies to this topic

#1 cheeseybrain

cheeseybrain

• 126 posts

User

• LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:32

The Self Righting Mechanism

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but it's a pretty simple idea. On many occasions in GMR I find myself accidentally flipping my car or being hit and end up flat on my roof. I find it slightly annoying that I have to kill myself and I'd like it if they add some sort of way to flip yourself back over so you can continue the race. I'd probably price it at around $1000.

I doubt that anything like this would be added, but it would be really awesome if it could be and it would definitely be a feature that separates it from other racer servers.

table_flip_by_neaveria-d4hfhpm.gif

^ (Super accurate self righting mechanism)

#2 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:52

I think you can hold space and it flips you.

#3 ZONIC

ZONIC

• 194 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:11

I think you can hold space and it flips you.

In most cases it works but sometimes you cant do anything to flip yourself back over.

#4 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:33

sometimes it's unavoidable and it also belongs to the gamemode that you can be flipped upside down, if the handbrake doesn't work try to spam turbo until you just slightly hit a wall and you're on top again.

#5 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 16:16

I've very rarely found myself in a situation like this; the buggy already has a keep-upright mechanism so landing on your back and staying that way hardly ever happens. Most of the times a single turbo boost fixes it anyway.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#6 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 31 December 2014 - 19:53

It's a common problem when you've only just started or newly prestige d as you don't have enough boost power to flip yourself back over or to knock yourself against a wall but it's not really worth making something to prevent this as within a few hours of playing you'd have got to the stage where you can flip yourself over with boosting.

#7 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 01 January 2015 - 00:39

While only applicable to a very select few, the vip rockets can be used to self-right from upside down too, and as everyone has stated just boost and handbrake if you are upside down, and handbrake if you are on your side and it's all fixed :)

• Dogma124 13TH likes this

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users