• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:40

Posting on behalf of Donny (he's been a flood quite a bit but didn't want to lose his LDT forum virginity yet :P )

He says he is missing a lot of the gunshot sounds, all other in-game sounds are working fine.

he can hear the shots of the default pistol and the basic smg,but that's it, all other guns aren't making any noise for him.

Is he just missing some files in his garry's mod or CS:S folder or is there any other way to fix this for him? Go almighty and knowledgeable forum users go!!!!

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

#2 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:57

He probably needs CSS files.

That Australian guy!

#3 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:56

He probably needs CSS files.

If I remember correctly, the default pistol and basic SMG are both from HL2.  I assume he has HL2?

Try validation of game cache.

Make sure all the HL games and CSS are mounted (If he owns them).

Reinstall if the above don't work.

"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#4 Donny

Donny

• 4 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 25 September 2014 - 20:00

Thank you Loz for the post. I eventually managed to overcome my forum virginity c:

On-topic:

Because i recently swapped steam accounts, css content could not be enabled in gmod, so i manually downloaded and applied them, yet, those sounds and some vgui files were still missing. I finally came across someone's apache server's css online files and managed to get the data from there. Everything runs smoothly now, with no console errors or anything. Thanks for your assistance everyone.

• loz likes this

bf2rh0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users