Some small bugs

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Reshuu

Reshuu

• 12 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 16 September 2014 - 13:49

Hello fellow LDT members, I just had some small suggestions in mind after playing for a while now

(nothing really important tbh)

First of, why is a flashlight worth 2500.. like how the hell can a flashlight be that expensive ;_; ..id rather have it at 250 since it's not made of gold yet 

2 / I just realized that if you turn flashlight on you can't turn it off until next-round which surely isn't worth the 2500k neither

3/ If you hold shift turbo will work but not fully which means  greensmoke wont be seen, reload animation wont be visible in the HUD nor the :beep: sound when done, its not that important but really confusing since i won't know if my turbo is ready or not after being used

These are probably the most Gamebreaking bugs ever!.. *not :P*

i know its useless and not even worth the read but it would be cool if these simple bugs could be fixed since it's also the easiest stuff to fix

Attached File  gS0w3ae.png   99.44KB   0 downloads

2n64qog.png

#2 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 16 September 2014 - 14:19

1) I believe the price was already lowered by half, but maybe it should be less, dunno. 2500 isn't that much.

2) Yep, this is a bug. Originates from the gmod13 transition. Tried to fix it before, didn't succeed.

3) Yeah, that has to do with the actual boost being HL2 buggy (not lua), and the green smoke and HUD indicator being lua.

LDT is LDT.

#3 JamesJamesJames

JamesJamesJames

• 165 posts

Big Boobies.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 14:55

Hello fellow LTD members, 

I don't think anyone here is from LTD, huelelhue

• lynx and Reshuu like this

#4 Iksman

Iksman

• 541 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 16 September 2014 - 15:58

Hello fellow LTD members

Welcome to the "Lets This Do" community!

• loz and Reshuu like this

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#5 lynx

lynx

• 168 posts

User

• LocationNew vegas.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 16:01

Seems legit.

You've never lived until you have touched an animal.

#6 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2014 - 17:29

While we are on bugs being buggy and weird, I believe panda faggotry and funky stadium (possibly a couple more arenas but NOT all of them) are only running 9 rounds before a new vote and not 10. If anyone else can confirm this? Otherwise we'll chalk it up to my imagination.

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

#7 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 16 September 2014 - 19:14

There is also another bug that I've encountered that when driving around in your car as the race starts there are times when you are slain as the countdown starts to begin the race. This only seems to occur on arena maps. Also when this happens the cars seem to stay in the arena but they act as a solid object which is unable to move/destroy.

However! It would be much greatly appreciated if we could work on getting the buggy fixed to the specification that panda sorted out for us. If you're not quite convinced that it's good enough for the game mode then perhaps arrange another GMR Testing gather to finalize the new buggy ready for release.

#8 Reshuu

Reshuu

• 12 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 16 September 2014 - 22:30

Hello fellow LTD members, 

I don't think anyone here is from LTD, huelelhue

holy shit i didn't even notice until now, ty for the laugh xD

2n64qog.png

#9 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:10

Confirming what daniel said, all arenas suffer from that (all race maps are fine), usually frustrating the newer players as they don't know how to get around it, I've made a key-bind as have a few other players with a message to try to best describe the bug for them but some still don't always understand.

The usual result is around 15-25% of the entrants dying immediately upon the start of each round and these people being awarded $0 I believe? and then for example, if there are only 15/20 people left and whoever goes out next gets the $500 and etc onwards and upwards. But it's a shame to miss out on money if you are new to gmr :(

#10 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:39

I personally agree with Reshuu that 2.5k is expensive for headlights, especially for the newer guys who don't earn as much money each race and may have to sell a part just to get them for a map like black.
In my opinion 250-500 is probably a better cost for them so they can be bought after a few races. It's not as if they give you any kind of performance boost, they're just a requirement for certain maps.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#11 Reshuu

Reshuu

• 12 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:28

I personally agree with Reshuu that 2.5k is expensive for headlights, especially for the newer guys who don't earn as much money each race and may have to sell a part just to get them for a map like black.
In my opinion 250-500 is probably a better cost for them so they can be bought after a few races. It's not as if they give you any kind of performance boost, they're just a requirement for certain maps.

For god sake, im not renshuu ;_; .. but yeah, you're true

2n64qog.png

#12 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:47

Who said Renshuu? xD

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:56

Nonsense. You might as well enable the headlights by default.
What's the point if it costs less than a single race's winnings?

They're a specialty item that you should only consider buying when you think seeing a little better is more important than a faster car. You can make them cost 10,000 if you ask me.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#14 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 13:14

I think you're the one speaking absolute nonsense there. You gain nothing by making them cost 10k, this isn't an economy.
Yeah why not make them default? Why should you have to pay for them at all? They're not a performance part, weapon and they don't add to the look of the vehicle. They are there purely to see where the map is pitch black and they don't even do that very well.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#15 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 13:31

I don't understand your reasoning the slightest. No it's not an economy; it's a game: something that's defined by what you can and can not do, and how hard the things you can do are. Why not make the headlights default? Why not make handbrake default? Why not let people determine their own steering power freely? Why not have an item that allows people to remove a barrier? Why not allow people to set their turbo duration to a custom value? Why not just let people respawn back at their last checkpoint infinitely in stead of removing them from the race altogether?

It's a utility. People want it. Keeping it a shop item adds another point of consideration for the player.
A bad game is where the pricing is made in such a way that there's really only one best choice.

• Valikai likes this

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#16 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 14:07

Handbrake isn't a necessity, it's a luxury.
You already let them determine that, it's called gflops, again a luxury.
Now you're just talking stupid crap.
Again, you do, Gflops, a luxury.
Again, talking stupid crap.

It's a necessity on certain maps. It is the one item in the shop you actually need to survive.
A bad game makes you unnecessarily pay for everything, *cough* EA *cough*. No other "similar" racing game makes you pay for headlights.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#17 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 14:29

Exactly, luxury. A large part of my post was meant to imply there's plenty of luxuries and the headlights are one of them.
It seems the debate has shifted to how crucial the headlights actually are to gameplay, which unfortunately is considerably subjective.
I don't think headlights are nearly as essential as you're making them out to be. They can be made completely obsolete by just having pre-knowledge of the map. Seeing as there's a very limited amount of maps, most people do. If there was actually a map that had a darkness hazard that changes position from round to round, its usefulness would actually be worth noting.

Even with zero map knowledge it can hardly be considered a necessity; faster players will most likely lead the way. 

Also your "pay for everything" comment is completely ridiculous as you understand paying game-progress-money for game-progress-items is infinitely different from paying real-world money for it.

• Valikai likes this

#18 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2014 - 16:16

agreed with bob, no one with money issues buys headlights just for a bit of darkness, they all just either "follow the leader" or learn where to go on the darker maps.

athough I do think because of the handbrake's ability to solve most car glitches (icy car syndrome or upside-down car syndrome :P ) and the fact most people prefer it over normal brakes you could call it almost necessary, and it should cost more or equal to the amount headlights cost in terms of how useful it is.

#19 Reshuu

Reshuu

• 12 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 17 September 2014 - 19:05

agreed with bob, no one with money issues buys headlights just for a bit of darkness, they all just either "follow the leader" or learn where to go on the darker maps.

athough I do think because of the handbrake's ability to solve most car glitches (icy car syndrome or upside-down car syndrome :P ) and the fact most people prefer it over normal brakes you could call it almost necessary, and it should cost more or equal to the amount headlights cost in terms of how useful it is.

useful ? these lights arent flashlights.. its just a light that covers a small circle around your car.. lets say theres a hole in a dark map for example, when you use lights you will only notice the hole when you're falling off, even brakes wont help you.. and that + making the light 2500k is kinda useless, i personally dont even buy it, and wont buy it until its 500- , so your point is wrong, they are useless

2n64qog.png

#20 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2014 - 21:05

i was saying the handbrake is more useful than the headlights, not vice versa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users