Admins/Trusted

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 The real freeman

The real freeman

• 17 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 September 2014 - 18:34

So, its becoming apparent that admins and trusted members aren't really playing the server as much as they should be. I play the server everyday, coming and going throughout the day and in that time I rarely see trusted members on or admins - and if they are on, they don't really do their jobs.

Now I know most of the "respected" players at this community couldn't give a shit about deathrun and to some extent I can see why. The IQ in that server just drops more and more each day with the likes of Oreo, LewisRocket (both squeakers) and MrRhex (a bad troll).

I've been coming and going form this community for maybe 2 years now? Moreso playing at GMR and only recently getting back to Deathrun. Now the server would be so much better if people such as those that I have identified above were dealt with properly rather than being allowed to spread their toxic bullshit around the server and drop peoples IQ's to less of a spud.

As a member of this community, I'm sure its not too much for me to ask for when I say - could more admins/trusted members please make their presence known on the server and deal with these troublemakers? Because its just getting to the point where the server isn't enjoyable anymore.

#2 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 08 September 2014 - 18:51

When there are people who break rules and there is no ranked person on, just message a ranked player on steam and I am sure that they will join the server. (or join Teamspeak and ask for a ranked guy to join)

Feel free to add me btw, I am trusted :)

I used to play dr a bit but stopped playing, plis dun hate guise

• onceuponaban likes this

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#3 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 08 September 2014 - 19:04

I tended to play alot and care about the server together with Lemonlord, but after alot of playing i started getting headaches after playing gmod too long, because no one else gave a shit about DR and all was put on Lemonlord and me mostly. (about the headache thing, i am not kidding)

#4 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 08 September 2014 - 19:13

It's true that not many people who are ranked play on the servers that often anymore but there is ALWAYS someone online.

If you check the Teamspeak channel located on the front page of the forums you will always see someone on there whether it be an Admin, Moderator, Trusted or even regular. There is always someone you can get a hold of to come onto the server and help out.

#5 The real freeman

The real freeman

• 17 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 September 2014 - 19:59

I'm usually in the TS most of the time (I'll be hiding away in the DR channel) and I do usually call for fox on my sf or lemon in ts if I need but it'd be nice to just have some more active members on so the pressure isn't placed solely on 2 people. 

#6 LemonLord

LemonLord

• 224 posts

LemonLord is suspicious

• LocationWales

Posted 08 September 2014 - 20:22

I stopped coming on so often because frankly I'm tired of the petty bullshit. The whole, he offended me he needs to be punished attitude a lot of people have on the server is annoying and stupid to spite how many times I explain it, I can't punish someone because they irritate or insult you, and I'm not referring to people whom reduce the server to a shit-storm they can and will be dealt with. As well as the people who report stuff to me expect me to take their word for it get on the server and ban/kick someone. If you ask me to get on because there is a rule breaker on, then I will happily get on and take a look, if they are doing what you accused them of I can deal with it, if not nothing I can do sorry. I have to see it for myself before I can act. Any evidence you gathered needs to be reported on the forums and/or to a Mod or higher directly. I or another ranked can pass it on for you if you wish but it's not for us to decide if it's sufficient enough to punish the person or not. And don't get me started on the people who get punished for blatant mic spam come back and say "But no one was complaining about it" this still doesn't make it ok. Then you get the people who think being buddy buddy with a ranked will allow them to rule break. I don't even want to get into how annoying these players are. but perhaps I only feel this way because it's mostly me and Fox that has to deal with this crap. 

That said I do care about the servers and LDT as a whole but we do have lives outside this community, we can't be on the servers 24/7. And frankly many people expect too much from us, they seem to forget we are there to play the game and have fun too. But I don't disagree with you saying more ranked should play on the server but with the attitude a lot of the players have towards us do you really wonder why no one wants to come on? but as commander and Daniel has already said, even if we don't play on the server most of us are more than willing to come on if you ask us to and help in anyway we can. So add a couple of us and let us know. I know it's not the most ideal set up but it's better than nothing at all.      

• Revengekeuh, Commander, Fox and 4 others like this

#7 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 08 September 2014 - 20:23

Are you kidding me?

There are dozens of ranked players on TS and steam all the time and you complain because you only go to two of them?

#8 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 20:51

Are you kidding me?

There are dozens of ranked players on TS and steam all the time and you complain because you only go to two of them?

He complains because there are only two players who ever want to come on.

The amount of people who choose not to come on and ask you to find someone else is astounding at times.

Also, most rule infractions are not worthy of calling someone.  Someone death avoids once?  Not worth it.  And the majority of rule breaks are a lot like this, very small and requiring a similar punishment.  But calling someone on for a warning or slay is just being a dick and bitching unnecessarily.

"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#9 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:02

Well if there's no need for an admin/moderator to come online surely that's when you record a demo and post a ban request on the forums?

#10 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:20

I'm not sure you understood the message I was trying to convey.

The majority of rule infractions are small.  Small enough that calling someone on is likely to just take too long and for only a small punishment such as a slay.

"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#11 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 808 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:22

DR has it's bad reputation for a reason.

It's population exists out of (mostly 10-12 year old) players who play for like... 1-2 months, after which they leave.

Don't get me wrong tho, I no-lifed the shit out of DR when I joined LDT.

But the people I played with left long ago, taking away most of the fun for me.

Due to the fact that I can't play during workdays, I tend to come online every now and then from Friday-Sunday. I am still a Trusted and will respond if needed.

Otherwise you'll be able to find me on TS during the weekend as well.

What I do suggest you to do tho is have a look at the Memberslist. You can access it at the top of the Forums, under the fourth tab.

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#12 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:29

You need to ask more people then, I don't go on the servers much myself at the moment (not really into playing any games at all right now) but if I'm online and at the computer if asked to sort out a problem I'll go on. It's what the moderators are for and I'm sure you must not have asked many people if all of them seem to tell you to pass on the request.

If you are a regular user of the server and this is genuinely an issue, I advise you add several moderators and or admins and organise them into a list on your Steam friends to find them easier. If you're having trouble finding more admins/moderators/trusted then this link will be useful:

http://forum.ldt.gg/page/memberlist

EDIT: If you claim they are small problems where it isn't worth people coming on, then fair enough if it is a one off. If you notice this happening on a regular basis, then it is certainly worth dealing with - but in this case you can't report it as a one off. If possible, and you can record evidence of this on multiple days, then I'm sure someone will see this as an evident repeated problem worth dealing with.

• atty16 and xTorturer like this

Posted Image

#13 The real freeman

The real freeman

• 17 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:34

Well once I get my new graphics card I'll happily record everything for you and you can sit and watch endless hours of kids hiding behind their monitors, flaming players, talking bollocks, point farming, stealing traps, free running etc. 

Point is, whether or not you guys want to come and deal with these minor issues, they are still issues and also part of your server rules. The biggest issue with kids on the server is the bad mouthing and general disrespect towards other players. It's just annoying more than anything else, and sure I can easily mute them but that doesn't solve anything as they will continue to act like this until they are punished. But as "The Time Rider" stated, as some issues could be considered minor, admins here just tell people to grow up before they decide to take any course of action and I find that to be a disgusting act on your part, whether or not you take offence to what these guys on the server are saying, some people will and your job is to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen. 

I'll make sure to add a few more trusted/admins to my list but it would be nice to see some more authoritative players willingly playing on the server rather than being dragged on because of an issue. 

#14 Jackeh

Jackeh

• 3,570 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationBelfast

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:28

I'll reiterate what most responses say whenever an issue like that is brought up: You're on the internet. Offensive material is to be expected. If you're easily offended then you probably shouldn't be on.

I don't personally agree with that (if someone is being racist or anything like that on the server then I would rather it was dealt with in some way if it was ruining other players' experiences if the server), but that's what's been said. 

Posted Image

#15 LemonLord

LemonLord

• 224 posts

LemonLord is suspicious

• LocationWales

Posted 09 September 2014 - 13:28

The problem is you people want me to kick people for "trap stealing" because they took one trap, "free running" when the poor sod didn't even know what he/she was supposed to be doing because they are new and no one cares to ask and teach them it's just hurr durrr he's rule breaking slay/kick/ban him, "point farming" just a slow runner who's struggling to keep up. "flaming" A few insults are thrown around and you people act like it's a fucking soap opera, "talking bollocks" I'm sorry what, you want people to be punished for making shit up or saying stupid shit? You know this is the internet right, and don't get me started on people wanting me to slay players for leeching, wasting players time, leeching and point farming are very different things learn the god-damn difference. And what really, really grinds my gears. The fuckers who tell me how to do my job right or I'm not doing it properly, to spite not knowing what the hell they are even talking about. Then you get the people whom have the audacity to demand I punish someone, when they've themselves has done nothing but make the situation worse by speaking over me and just spew out general shit about how the rule breaker should be acting. You want me to do my job as ranked? Fine I have no problem with that but people need to stop getting involved while I'm trying to resolve problem.   

But don't get me wrong, people do, do this shit on purpose on the server and should be punished, but you people take this shit too far and exaggerated a lot of this "Rule breaking" because you got mad at a piss ants insult or an honest mistake. But as Jackeh has said the people that are truly rule breaking like being racist ect, will be punished if caught and this bring us back around to the point of, more ranked players should play more often. (see above posts if you're confused) 

And FYI a ranked players job is to keep the peace on the server and still be as fair as possible, and if you expect us to do that. Act and respond perfectly to every situation, you're delusional, because simply put it's not that easy and we are just normal people, we can fuck up too. But that said another part of the reason I'm reluctant to go on the server more often along with the reasons I've stated in my above post is there is no defined rule list and people call abuse because they think we're making them up to simply punish them. Which is a real problem.

TL;DR: Sorry players on the server aren't treated like Jews at Auschwitz, oh and a defined rule list is needed please.    

• Revengekeuh, The Time Rider, atty16 and 1 other like this

#16 The real freeman

The real freeman

• 17 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 09 September 2014 - 14:53

And you wonder why people get annoyed when you guys come back with this kind of attitude? "Itz da inturnetz, dealwithit.jpg."

Obviously I'm talking about the people who are repeat offenders, I'm not an ass and I do not expect those who are new to the server to be punished. I help new players out when they join by telling them how the server works, how to get points, how to access the shop etc. Tbh its a pretty straight forward server. I'm talking about the players who are on the server regularly and break the rules. 

I can hack banter, I even do it myself with players when we joke around. But when you have players that are purposely going out of their way to spite you and piss you off, targeting you because they "don't like you" (quote taken from oreo himself) thats where I have to draw the line and so should those incharge. It states quite clearly in the server rules "Show respect to other players" - clearly not happening when people are laughing at your dead relatives or saying your mother is an inbred. I mean seriously, how fucked up do these 11 year olds need to be before someone slaps them across the face? 

#17 Shaunus

Shaunus

• 473 posts

King Shaunus

• LocationCardiff, Wales

Posted 09 September 2014 - 15:07

clearly not happening when people are laughing at your dead relatives or saying your mother is an inbred. I mean seriously, how fucked up do these 11 year olds need to be before someone slaps them across the face? 

People shouldn't really have to act like dicks all the time but unfortunately this is going to come down to the argument once again, that this is the internet. You have to be more tolerant of people saying things to you however I can understand why it may infringe on your enjoyment. We should really warn/punish players who are repeatedly disrespecting or annoying other players, they shouldn't be turning others away from the server.

Prepare your anus!                                                    53fc4d560c6f0.png                                        "Wow, his face is a potato as well." - Revengekeuh              

#18 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,302 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 09 September 2014 - 15:29

I remember "The Real Freeman" alias and something to do with this problem before...

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#19 Slendy the Slenderman

Slendy the Slenderman

• 396 posts

Regular User

• LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 09 September 2014 - 15:43

A few points here, I am still trusted and I will happily come on and deal with people if you send me a message which applies to all ranked players who aren't busy. Secondly the population of ranked players going on DR is minimal because of the real lack of updates and lack of variety that DR offers, I used to play on it non stop but like xTorturer all of the people i played with disappeared, it is also has the least active players as many players who go on DR don't look to become an active part of the community so it is regarded as the day care center for people who just want some "fun".

But yeah even if nobody is playing there is always plenty of people around you can ask to help you

• atty16, xTorturer and LemonLord like this

76561198066738363.png

#20 LemonLord

LemonLord

• 224 posts

LemonLord is suspicious

• LocationWales

Posted 09 September 2014 - 15:44

And you wonder why people get annoyed when you guys come back with this kind of attitude? "Itz da inturnetz, dealwithit.jpg."
Yeah I'm the problem because I don't take stupid children seriously. and FYI Oreo has been warned and punished before for that behaviour and will be punished more severely if he's caught behaving like again or if you can prove he behaves like this when no ranked are on the show us, prove it or you're just pissing in the wind. And please to tell me about these 

repeat offenders
because so far the only names you've drop are Oreo which I just addressed, LewisRocket and MrRhex who both haven't been on the server before or after. Lastly for someone who's, ranting about players not being respectful you sure give younger players a lot of grief because they have high pitched voices. perhaps you should try being more respectful yourself and maybe I'll start taking you more seriously. Also stop blaming younger players for all the problems, you've rule broken and caused a fuss your fair share too so stop acting like a fucking saint.
  • Fox likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users