Gmod Racer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AngrySpaceGoat

AngrySpaceGoat

• 1 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 21 August 2014 - 20:34

Hello whomever can help me figure out if it was fair or not.

Recently i was banned from the Gmod racer server while i was offline, luckily i know why from a friend who was on the server at the time. The reason that was given for the ban was for breaking one of the rules and i received a 24hour ban (Which i wouldn't of known of without my friend) which i believe to be unfair. The rule that was broken (Which i hold my hands up for) was that when glitched you must kill yourself, however it was an error with the map and was visible to players and there was only me and one other person Loz. I wanted to have a bit of fun so i said "See if you can knock me out of this position" which is what Loz did soon after and the server continued normally. 

So again im wondering if this ban is fair for a first time offender, i am also not new to this server and have been playing for many months.

#2 loz

loz

• 107 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:07

Well you know I don't mind really it's just a game after all but I think you irked some people by wasting time, If you want to appeal your ban I believe it is done under the ban section of the forums http://forum.ldt.gg/forum/40-bans/ not here :)

How do you kill a vegan vampire? With a steak to the heart.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

#3 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:28

As loz suggested this is in the wrong place so I shall move it. Hardcore Bob was the one who banned you from a report so I'm gonna leave him to decide. To be fair though, it's not really that long until your ban is done.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#4 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,547 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 14:44

Your offense wasn't severe and I would've gladly unbanned you if your post didn't have some inconsistencies.

The rule that was broken (Which i hold my hands up for) was that when glitched you must kill yourself, however it was an error with the map[1] and was visible to players and there was only me and one other person Loz[2]. I wanted to have a bit of fun so i said "See if you can knock me out of this position"[3] which is what Loz did soon after and the server continued normally.

[1] The rule stands regardless of the nature of the issue. One could even say map-related issues are the main reason this rule even exists.
[2] The screenshots provided to me show at least 8 people in the server at that time.
[3] Said screenshots showed you said something quite different.

So even though the 24-hour ban was arguably over-the-top, I'm not happy with your attitude in this post and I'm rather content with the length of the ban as it is.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gmod Racer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users