For several months I've been working on converting CSGO maps to Garry's Mod, with relative success. What better way to introduce those converted maps than playing them on TTT?
But before you can enjoy them, you're gonna have to answer that little poll I've got, to help me get the best out of those maps. The poll probably won't alter any plans I have, but it gives me an idea about a few things.
- High-quality conversions, bug-free
- Working area portals for better performance
- Working sound effects and appropriate color correction
- Dynamic shadows for most props (static and non-static) and players, just like in CSGO, thanks to a revolutionary technique invented by me!
- Working particle effects ~ cannot be converted, need to be recreated
- Suppression of all file conflict between CSS/Garry's Mod and CSGO ~ working on it
- All maps converted ~ some maps won't compile
- Custom CSGO maps converted ~ need individual approval by map author
- Re-worked maps for TTT (more areas, Traitor Tester and the like) ~ takes time, a lot of it
- Public release on GMod Workshop ~ TBA
For now, you can help me by answering the poll, and telling me which map(s) you'd like to see first in TTT! And of couse, your opinion on the project.
Know that those maps will be released publicly eventually; the TTT conversion is just an added step for fun, as some kind of world-wide LDT exclusivity. If the maps don't make it to TTT, they'll make it to the Workshop whatever happens.