The Bhop cap

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 JazzyJosh

JazzyJosh

• 27 posts

Josh Madge

Posted 09 August 2014 - 17:34

I have been playing deathrun for a couple of weeks and every time I play it comes back to the topic of the cap for bhopping. A lot of people that talk about it say that it should be removed as it ruins the end game bhop. I know that it added to stop poeple from doing 3 traps, and then death would not be able to catch.

I personal think that the cap should be removed and the rules should change to allow it without the cap but not so that people can Bhop though every trap.

• Cookie ツ likes this

#2 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 09 August 2014 - 17:44

well it was implemented for a very good reason, because exactly  there weren't defined rules about bhopping on deathrun.

I myself for sure can say i can do ANY bhop ending even with the cap, it makes no difference to me except that you can't go uber speed anymore with it.

#3 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 09 August 2014 - 18:44

I personally say the cap should stay. ALL the BHOP endings are completable with the cap. The only one that is a challenge is the one on pool but it's still do-able. 

The cap also prevents people who may script from ruining the game and means they do not have an unfair advantage. As people have a maximum velocity to reach, people cannot get too far ahead of the rest of everyone. 

For as long as I have played Deathrun (not necessarily as long as a lot of people) there has been a cap and it has made Deathrun balanced. Maps like holy shit which are wide and flat become too easy to BHOP without a velocity cap. The velocity cap was added to fix an issue and I don't see it being removed but I don't know. Deathrun is unbalanced without it as people with scripts or whom are very good at BHOP can easily finish maps without the deaths even noticing. It's just too unfair. 

• Krunder and xTorturer like this

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#4 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 810 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 09 August 2014 - 18:57

As I said before:

You're playing on a Deathrun server, not a Bhop one..

If you're playing Deathrun just so you can bhop past all the traps with little to no risk of dying you should honestly think again about whether you're playing on the right server or not..

• BOT Dan likes this

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#5 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 09 August 2014 - 20:04

As much as I love bhopping, there has been significantly less trouble since the limiter was introduced. I've never heard of problems with endings before.

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#6 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 09 August 2014 - 21:20

Never gonna happen, it's there for a very good reason as all the above people explained.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#7 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 10 August 2014 - 13:33

I agree, the cap is very important to stay.

I will add/summarize reasons why:

1 - It breaks the gameplay. A proper uncapped bhop speeds past many traps and voids the basic gameplay of doing traps one by one.

2 - Without the cap, players that can't bhop are at a huge disadvantage.

3 - Not all bhoppers are genuine. Part of the bhopping crowd are scripters and hackers, and we don't want those people.

4 - Bhop is a drama thing. WIth or without the cap, there are always people complaining it should be different. However, I prefer hearing requests about enabling bhop over people crying that there are cheaters and exploiters bhopping the gamemode to destruction.

• Krunder likes this

LDT is LDT.

#8 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 20:30

I want to add that the system doesn't prevent Bhopping from happening in any way. It just prevents you from gaining speed after a certain point.
(I'm not sure what this exact point is, but it could be something like 50% over normal movespeed)

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users