• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 NoBrain

NoBrain

• 15 posts

Forum Newbie

• LocationSweden

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:04

so apparently there is some unwritten rules that apply to the server?  how is anyone supposed to know not to bhop more than 3 traps or not muting a moderator, that still can use text chat? I mean shouldn't the rules be written somewhere so people can know about them? like adding the rules to the loading screen or add !motd. well anything is better than nothing

~~~~~~ Aka Mr.Bergman ~~~~~~

#2 Shaunus

Shaunus

• 473 posts

King Shaunus

• LocationCardiff, Wales

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:07

I believe there is no rule governing the muting of a trusted/moderator.

I agree there are some inconsistencies in the rules within Deathrun, however the !motd is not working, I wonder why that is?

Prepare your anus!                                                    53fc4d560c6f0.png                                        "Wow, his face is a potato as well." - Revengekeuh              

#3 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:07

I never heard about that you are not allowed to mute a ranked person, it's rude but i never read you get punished for that. The not to bhop over 3 traps at once rule was a handsaid one back in 2012 and 2013 until psy added a bhop restriction which made it impossible to do such, but still to bhop.

I don't know why it wasn't added back to the server but should be back, it has seemed to disappear without someone noticing.

#4 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:17

It has been suggested a total of

1) http://forum.ldt.gg/...emssuggestions/

2) http://forum.ldt.gg/...35-suggestions/

3) http://forum.ldt.gg/...-and-bugs-list/

4) http://forum.ldt.gg/...mmand-phrasing/

5) http://forum.ldt.gg/...mmand-phrasing/

And these are just the ones I could find with a quick 5 minute search in the deathrun section.  This shit needs doing, it's making it hard to play when not all of the players know the rules.  Plus, how can you fucking enforce them if you can't point to a rule and say, "It's said here."  You could just be making shit up for all the person being punished knows.

• FRAG, Hugoroy, Shaunus and 1 other like this
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#5 Hugoroy

Hugoroy

• 671 posts

The Silliest Filly

Posted 31 July 2014 - 18:00

I'm going to have to go with Time here. The Deathrun server's moderation is currently in an abysmal state. It would help us ranks a TON if we could just give people a comprehensive, in depth, rule book.

Many thanks to Manypopes for making my awesome avatar!

psycix
- I hope a thief comes in at night, and seals your capslock and shift keys.

Dart-Lobrik - Yeah sometimes, deep inside, I feel like a little mexican pimp pedophile

#6 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 808 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 18:17

It is true that the Deathrun server rules need to be redone. People get confused too much.

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#7 Dr Scheisse

Dr Scheisse

• 544 posts

Regular User

• LocationFinland

Posted 31 July 2014 - 18:28

Killing teammates on explosive traps should really be in the list, I've had several occasions where the person doing it has replied "It's not in the list of rules so you can't say I can't do it" or anything like that.

If you do it to a friend from time to time I don't mind if the friend doesn't, but on maps like Nanobil the mines have a large range and the trap after them is a fire trap which stops the runners for a good 10 seconds and you can kill quite a lot of people with them.

I think the 3rd assassin talked about this with Bob but I have no idea if they ended up agreeing that it should be in the list of rules.
  • Shaunus and Cookie ツ like this

#8 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 18:31

or on iceworld when people just jump into the god damned snowmen to fuck with people.

Or on steam works for that matter.

• xTorturer and Cookie ツ like this
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain

#9 Shaunus

Shaunus

• 473 posts

King Shaunus

• LocationCardiff, Wales

Posted 31 July 2014 - 18:49

Killing teammates on explosive traps should really be in the list, I've had several occasions where the person doing it has replied "It's not in the list of rules so you can't say I can't do it" or anything like that.

Thank god someone else agrees. Exact same scenario with me.

• Cookie ツ likes this

Prepare your anus!                                                    53fc4d560c6f0.png                                        "Wow, his face is a potato as well." - Revengekeuh              

#10 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 15:14

Yes, Deathrun is an unorganized load of shit, everyone knows this, let me tell you why. (If I recall correctly)
Never, at any point in LDT's history, has Deathrun been under supervision of any admin.

I believe it started out in 2011, when Kazaki proposed to fix us up a Deathrun server. We agreed and it went quite alright, but eventually Kazaki faded out of the picture. When stuff broke due to Gmod updates (or even Gmod13), there was no one around to fix it. Consequently, several other people tried to fix it and we kept it running, slightly. Mistakes were made when Deathrun pointshop points were awarded waaaay too easily and prevented us from Syncing the DR Pointshop with the TTT one. Eventually Ninjameister proposed to take up on the task. At this point you might understand we're quite reluctant about taking on assistant developers; this really has never had a positive outcome. But we had little choice so we agreed. Ninja allegedly "recoded" the entire gamemode but the awful truth is that there's a lack of proper code to enforce some of the rules that are necessary. (For instance, Psy made an anti-bhop script which removed the need for an ambiguous rule about what you CAN use Bhop for, but Ninjameister got rid of it/disabled it/broke it.)

Eventually Sythen (aid to Ninjameister) left and things only worsened as Ninjameister let things deteriorate.

So yeah, project your anger towards this guy:

2014-08-01%2015.47.46.jpg

Because he's your only hope.

• Slendy the Slenderman, xTorturer, Cookie ツ and 1 other like this

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#11 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 808 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 17:11

Yeah SK, ffs

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#12 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 01 August 2014 - 17:12

fak u ninja

"still that smileyface guy also called yigwog still is a nerd and ugly" - Eddyke1

#13 Iksman

Iksman

• 550 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 01 August 2014 - 17:34

When will Finchyy's neck ever learn?

• xTorturer likes this

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#14 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 02 August 2014 - 16:47

The Anti-Bhop patch is in place and is working as it should do. The reason it ended up being disabled was because the new gamemode did not yet have that in, meaning that obviously it was not there.

Apologies for any inconvenience!

Krunder

• Hardcore Bob likes this

#15 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 18:43

2014-08-02%2019.43.14.jpg

I'll personally start fixing the rules as soon as we have a proper AFK system.

• xTorturer likes this

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#16 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 19:10

For the afk system, it seems like the old one that would move you into a spectator team would work well since it prevents afks from becoming death and ruining rounds.

#17 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 19:12

Being able to Deathavoid by being AFK, as well as giving the entire running team max points.
It makes the PSP on Deathrun worthless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users