25 replies to this topic

#1 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 21 July 2014 - 20:42

POPULAR

cImYs3z.png

Commander and Revengekeuh present to you the Summer Gather Competition 2014!

WHAT!?

We're organizing a bunch of gathers this summer and we're splitting these into 2 groups:

Fun gathers:

These will basically be the same random gathers as we've always done them, just meant to have some fun playing a game together.

Competitive gathers (that’s what this thread is about!):

These will be gathers where everything is about winning, who doesn't like winning right? The goal is for you or your team to win and get the most points. At the end of the gather points will be given towards the overall scoreboard.

We are expecting your cooperation when we ask things (teamspeak , passwords sharing , etc) so be cooperative aswell, the main point is still to have fun all together.

Now how does this work?

There's 2 types of competitive gather,

the first one is individual where the goal is to get the most points compared to everyone else. an example for this is "Minecraft Hunger Games", where the goal is to be the last person standing.

The other gathers are team-based where your team has to come out as the best, examples could be Dota2, CS:S/CS:GO, ...

These teams will (mostly) be made by Commander and me.

Scoreboard points:

As I mentioned before, at the end of every gather you will be awarded points based on how well you did, in the individual gathers: 1st = 20pts, 2=17pts, 3=15 4=13pts, 5=12pts, 6=11pts, ... 17th and lower=0pts.

In team based every victory will award you certain points in that day's game, teams will be swapped around as we'll likely to play multiple rounds. The end ranking is made the same way as the individual ranking. This could then look like this:

Ranking of that gather                                                                 Ranking for the overall competition

1.Player A = 15pts                                                                          1.Player A = 20pts

2.Player B = 15pts                                                                          1.Player B = 20pts

3.Player C = 10pts                                                                          3.Player C = 15pts                                          

4.Player D = 10pts                                                                          3.Player D = 15pts

5.Player E = 10pts                                                                          3.Player E = 15pts

6.Player F = 5 pts                                                                            6.Player F = 11pts

In this case player A & B won 3 matches, Player C, D & E won 2 matches and Player F won 1 match.

The person that has the best average in the end will be crowned champion, however to be able to participate in the overall scoreboard you will have to participate in at least 6/10 gathers!

Prizes:

The following prizes will be handed out to the winners of the overall competition:

1st place: GOLD donator + €50 game of choice

2nd place: Silver donator + €30 game of choice

3rd place: Silver donator

A big thanks to LDT and Gio specifically for sponsoring this event! <3

The Program (Is bound to change):

Week 1: Left 4 Dead 2 Versus                                         Teams\\02.08.2014

Week 2: Minecraft Hunger Games                                 Individual

Week 3: Worms Revolution Tournament                     Individual? (suggestions?)

Week 4: CS:GO                                                                     Teams

Week 5: The Ship                                                                    Individual

Week 6: TF2                                                                           Teams

Week 7: GMR                                                                        Individual

Week 8: Board Game (NO NECRO)                               Individual

Week 9:[INSERT GAME HERE]

Week 10:[INSERT GAME HERE]

Application threads for these will always be made in the week before the event starts, they will also always be in separate threads because otherwise this thread would become a clusterfuck.

These games are not definite yet, Suggestions for change will be taken into consideration!

Note: Everyone is allowed to join single gathers, but to participate in the overall scoreboard you have to play at least in 6/10 gathers!

Of course the regular fun-based gathers will still be happening in between these!

Greylist:

We’re using the greylist again since it seemed to work previously, this time it’ll be slightly different though: If you don’t show up for a game you applied (without letting us know in time!) you will lose priority in the next competitive gather.

Suggestions:

We only have the first couple weeks set, We would love to see your suggestions for both competitive and fun-based gathers, We’ll do our best to make it happen and make it an unforgettable gaming summer!

• Loadingue, Tabole, alacbar and 8 others like this
76561198009946140.png

#2 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 21 July 2014 - 20:58

dota 2, 1 v 1, international rules.

"still that smileyface guy also called yigwog still is a nerd and ugly" - Eddyke1

#3 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 July 2014 - 21:15

Techies 1v1

#4 Iksman

Iksman

• 551 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 21 July 2014 - 21:23

We need a Hearthstone 1v1

• Slendy the Slenderman likes this

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#5 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 July 2014 - 21:37

I love you.
  • Revengekeuh likes this
The most patient man in the world

#6 BillzSkillz

BillzSkillz

• 140 posts

User

Posted 22 July 2014 - 00:33

OOh me likey. When's the start date?

#7 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

• 322 posts

Regular User

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:19

Dota 2 1v1 solo mid. GET REKT

when is week 1

76561198005083543.png

#8 Ofarlig

Ofarlig

• 1,010 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:22

Warcraft III (normal maps) / Age of Empires II

#9 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:03

Supreme Commander!

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#10 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:32

Civilisation 5, Flatout 2

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

YSGe0mu.jpgI want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl!

#11 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 22 July 2014 - 13:52

GMR gather?

• Daniel likes this

LDT is LDT.

#12 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 July 2014 - 14:01

oh lordy, this whole idea sounds awesome, and gmr, obviously everyone with the same upgrades then, the veterans would have an advantage because they drive more often gmr cars

#13 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:16

Psycix called it!

#14 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 July 2014 - 23:07

Dota 2/GMR

• The Meta likes this

#15 The Meta

The Meta

• 477 posts

Not meant to be helpful

• LocationWales

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:32

This caught my attention when popping back on here. It sounds great. 
I'm gonna suggest Awesomenauts.

76561197979270420.png

#16 Farkan

Farkan

• 318 posts

Regular User

• LocationKåge

Posted 24 July 2014 - 13:10

CS:GO sounds nice but Im not interested in the rest ;-;, i cri evrytim I haz 2 participate in 6/10 gathers and most games I dont have

If Im at home when csgo is I might as well participate because I always love some csgo fun.

Btw what happens if a team isnt full will it have to play 4v5?

#17 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 24 July 2014 - 17:57

Wait, 10 weeks means the last gather is in October. That was planned, right?

#18 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 24 July 2014 - 22:40

About the suggestions: We won't be able to make everyone happy and we know that, we'll do our best for most gather, some competitive, some fun.

The first gather will be on the 2nd of August and will be a L4D2 Versus gather, as you might've seen the program changed and it will likely change more. 

Lastly, We know it might take until October, but some there might be breaks in between, might be 2 gathers in 1 week, as just mentioned, the program will change. Most of it depends on preparation and availability of players and hosts. We'll keep you updated in this thread about that ;)

76561198009946140.png

#19 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 July 2014 - 23:11

Just a note, CZ is from the 1st to the 11th, so chances are there'll be quite a few gather regulars missing.

#20 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:53

We should play this game, it's free:

http://store.steampo...com/app/307290/

I heard it's fun if you don't RP seriously and fuck around a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users