Deathrun server problems/Suggestions
Posted 14 July 2014 - 17:35
- Krunder, BOT Dan, Dr Scheisse and 5 others like this
Posted 14 July 2014 - 20:58
1. I believe the lazors and the MOTD were removed by Ninja to try and prevent the crashing of both the server and clients and I think they will return.
2. I have no idea what you mean...
3. The Simpsons ending does need fixing, or the teleporter/trigger needs removing to prevent the ending from being played.
4. I've seen the endings break on holyshit but I have no idea what is causing it and I don't think anyone else does either. There may be a fix but it is likely a map bug that is hard to fix.
5. Yeah, drowning... This used to work but I think Garry is to blame for the break, a bit like the fall damage...
6. I am aware that Ninja was looking into a fix for Family Guy, the problem was that the button to unlock it doesn't have a unique name, so it is hard to target to remove.
7. I havn't played this map in a while so I have no idea.
8. Imperial isn't broken, it's a problem with the player height in Garry's mod being SLIGHTLY higher crouched than in CS:S ( believe) so the player struggles to fit through. It may be possible to move the brush up in code but I have no idea.
- I agree with a warmup time, as that's really annoying (although I generally spawn first)
- I don't really agree with the chat spam thing, it's part of Deathrun sort of now. I feel mute is just as good.
- More staff cannot really be addressed, although I agree (even I am inactive on it, but I have... reasons out of my control )
- I believe the AFK system is in redevelopment, yes.
- Same, I also believe this MAY be making a comeback.
- Hehe, machine gun (yeah, OP)
- A flashlight would be brilliant.
- This would also be brilliant.
- Krunder and Rambox like this
Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:12
Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:50
Brilliant post about what you feel should be changed and the problems that currently exit!
A few features where removed as an attempt to prevent the crash on game-mode/map load which occurs quite frequently. These features well appear back in the server as and when I feel necessary once all debugging is complete.
Due to this issue not throwing any errors, or giving an clear indication on what could be the cause, it is making it VERY difficult to get any form of idea on what is causing this!
1. The laser fix was removed for testing reasons with the crash, as sometimes certain entities can fail. (Tested all the little things)
2. I am struggling to understand where you are coming from, all spawning methods are the same. Nothing different about the EyeAngles has changed, but will see if I can do something with this.
3. Penetration does not exist in this game-mode, which is why this issue exists on that ending as it means you cannot shoot through the glass. I will remove the teleport entity for that ending so it cannot be used.
4. I will look into this issue, I am also using the same spawn entities as what has always been used (player_terrorist, player_counterterrorist).
5. Drowning is not implemented in the latest build, I will have this sorted for as soon as possible. Will get back to you all on the main bugs I will have fixed in the next day (Due to testing).
6. As Dan said with this issue as we have already looked into this issue. We have decompiled the map and the button does not have a name, which means I have no possible way of removing it or the costume entity from the map.
7. The same issue is with other maps where you can re-press buttons, but that is very fast for a re-charge time. Will look into the issue and will have it fixed.
8. Nothing can be done with the platform physically itself, but I can do a teleport thing like that. Will fix and introduce in the major update.
1. Agreed! This was mentioned a while back and will be added in the major update! Good thing to add due to only one person doing the round is a waste of 1 round.
2. I suggested this a long time ago behind closed doors with the Owners and they said no. Maybe they have changed their minds, but I will ask them again.
3. Staff isn't really something I can change. This is something that is down to the ranked players and them as individuals, but someone like me for instance should be on playing a lot more!
4. The AFK system is in redevelopment and works a lot better than it did from the default one, however, I just didn't implement the kick issue but it is going to work a bit different in the major update!
5. I will sort this issue out in the major update!
6. The MOTD will make a comeback soon, probably with the drowning feature reappearing.
7. Quick story! While me and Dan where messing around on the development server, we started to play around with the machine gun settings. When it came to the update I forgot to remove the Over Powered feature about it, but thought it was a whole bunch of fun to keep in. Do you think it is ruining the server?
8. I have a really special idea for this, which will be part of the major update. Stay tuned for more info!
9. My apologies will fix this issue in the update with the drowning fix. I forgot to check whether it was the same map it has chosen randomly!
Thanks again for making this post and I apologise for any inconvenience with specific features!
- Rambox likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users