Towers on flood

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 10 July 2014 - 13:22

Seem to cause more trouble than they make up for?

The required ruling required to make towers work is too complex, usually causing people to far-weld etc.

I think a lot of drama can be avoided if we simply make towering illegal. People will have to stick to boats.

• NoBrain likes this

LDT is LDT.

#2 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 13:25

It's just as easy to break rules making boats and I don't think towers are as big a problem as you think/as they may seem.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#3 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 10 July 2014 - 14:07

well i'd think making towers illegal would be useful as often when i am playing flood, i see people towering and then trying to bullshit  that they havent build a tower the round , just to be able to another one next round

#4 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 14:44

I agree the tower-every-three-rounds rule is unnecessarily complicated.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#5 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 10 July 2014 - 17:26

I think it's a good reward that if you survived the round and get on top, you can build a tower. Imo the only tower-related rule that's needed is the far-weld rule (which applies to everything anyway). Perhaps there is more drama than necessary due to the complex rules around towers?

I don't play flood a lot though. But the few times I've played it and managed to get on top to build a tower, I've often failed miserably in making a good tower because I've always followed the far-weld rule which pretty much makes it extremely easy to destroy a few parts to collapse the whole tower

#6 Danbready

Danbready

• 3,510 posts

The Irish Guy!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 22:46

Far weld is a rule that is constantly broken with boats and towers, not just towers in specific. 

Harsher punishments need to be implemented when dealing with far welds and hopefully that'll scare these regular flood players. (fingers crossed)

I do think backup boats for towers should be illegal, that's pretty much having two boats.

Religion is like a penis;
It's good to have one, and you should be proud proud of it!
But don't go taking it out in public and don't go around shoving it down other people's throats...

#7 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 July 2014 - 14:14

one way to disable far welding would be to modify the weld tool to disable normal welding, and only allow "easy weld".

You normally easy weld with right click, but if that was changed to left click, and the right click option was removed, then far welding would be impossible.

I think this would also disable "hiding" props inside others.

The downside would be that people would probably be confused at first because they're used to the normal welding mode.

#8 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 19:28

But if you wanted to weld multiple things together you'd end up with some messed up boat that would spaz around the map.

#9 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,524 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 23:54

Psy once suggested to make a Flood gamemode with the nail tool exclusively.
It sure adds a lot of realism and gets rid of a whole host of problems, but I think it would kill the gamemode a little bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users