View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Removal of the map gmr_downhill_v6

rage map gmr_downhill_v6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: The map gmr_downhill_v6 (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the map gmr_downhill_v6 be removed?

1. Yes. (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No. (5 votes [22.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. Doesn't matter to me. (6 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote

#21 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 June 2014 - 19:27

Just brake, problem solved ;p

#22 onceuponaban

onceuponaban

• 37 posts

New User

• LocationFrance

Posted 13 June 2014 - 19:28

I cannot explain why i like the map i just do.  There is some maps which is better i agree.   But i would still choose this race map over any Arena map.  

I hate arena maps but i dont think they ever will be removed either. 

Some people dont like some maps. Thats how it works and we need to accept it. 

I can understand hating the arena maps as a whole (after all, no one likes getting rammed to death anyway)

But we're talking about one map, and I think that when a big enough part of the players do not like a map, then it should be removed (speaking of arena maps, there is also the non-LDT robot wars maps that could be removed, they are almost identical to the ldt version...)

EDIT : added a poll. :3

76561198073449791.png
GMR tips here!

Six, thousand, words.
ABOUT A DAY BAN!?

#23 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 13 June 2014 - 22:03

So it makes no sense to say "remove this one because we have that one".

In that case why was the older version of Sky switchback removed when a newer version created and the same with Drag. The purpose of V2 was to replace the older version yet downhill is the only map that has remained on the server when a newer/better version has been made to replace it.

If Downhill_v6 stays then I would also like the older version of Sky switchback put on the server as well as the older version of drag.

#24 Maltha

Maltha

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 13 June 2014 - 22:30

In that case why was the older version of Sky switchback removed when a newer version created and the same with Drag. The purpose of V2 was to replace the older version yet downhill is the only map that has remained on the server when a newer/better version has been made to replace it.

If Downhill_v6 stays then I would also like the older version of Sky switchback put on the server as well as the older version of drag.

Downhill and Downhill v2 are two different maps. 

The old and new version of drag is basicly the same map.  That is the reason why you cannot the compare two situations. 

#25 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:37

About sky switchback- the car angles need to be set manually since the first 2 checkpoints are not in a straight line and the cars are orientated to the side of the road on spawn, pointing to the second checkpoint, which kind of sucks.

#26 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:14

That's different. Sky, Drag & Triple decker have the exact same map layout as the map they replaced, but with important improvements. Well, I don't know the backstory of Sky, but old drag made you spin out because of the lines between the lanes, and the old triple decker made you miss a checkpoint if you made the jump (and not to mention all the aesthetic improvements showfur did to it).

Downhill 2 is an entirely different map and has nothing in common with Downvill_v6.. Well, except the name.

#27 microlander

microlander

• 102 posts

User

• Steam:microlander

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:28

Tbh i have no problem with this map even though tones of people do because its hard or theres clusterfucks but that adds to the fun, Being strategic and not being wiped out or flipping over and really its a pretty easy map if you dont push so hard that your flip. "You go down a hill then through a little maze and around a corner then you go down another hill then over a ramp and then round a corner and down another hill "  But we need to fix the voting system!! Its the same maps all the time, I went 4 hours straight on gmr with out seeing detroit. Its like the older maps come up more :s

• Maltha likes this

76561198084161294.png

#28 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 14 June 2014 - 18:47

I have to agree with microlander.

I have noticed that the map voting system is NOT entirely random. Some maps DO come up more often.

Actually, I think I made a thread about this at some point.

I did an experiment a while ago (and I suggest others do the same!) - I screenshotted every voting screen i came across (got about 50 of them), and maps that I already had a hunch about turned out to show up more often on the vote, as I suspected. For example, one maps that almost never shows up on the map vote is gmr_flash_tron. And I don't see Ghost Valley show up very often either. I've only played the latest version like 2 times since it was released, and it was some time ago  :P

• microlander and Maltha like this

#29 Infernus

Infernus

• 8 posts

Forum Newbie

• LocationEstonia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 00:06

I agree 100% this map is horrbile and confuses people when voting Downhill V2 vs Downhill.

#30 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:16

So removing it is a solution because it has a similar name?

If that's the biggest problem u guys see with it, then a better solution would be to rename it on the map vote to, for example, "OLD downhill"

Also, giving the maps a map icon would also help.

• onceuponaban likes this

#31 onceuponaban

onceuponaban

• 37 posts

New User

• LocationFrance

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:25

So removing it is a solution because it has a similar name?

If that's the biggest problem u guys see with it, then a better solution would be to rename it on the map vote to, for example, "OLD downhill"

Also, giving the maps a map icon would also help.

That would solve part of the problem, indeed.

76561198073449791.png
GMR tips here!

Six, thousand, words.
ABOUT A DAY BAN!?

#32 Eddyke1

Eddyke1

• 100 posts

User

Posted 10 July 2014 - 18:07

Yah please get rid of this map, often people confuse about v2. And than cry iff its on always the same sh*t. I voted yes ! nice post dude.

the art of eight limbs

#33 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 10 July 2014 - 18:12

Yah please get rid of this map, often people confuse about v2. And than cry iff its on always the same sh*t. I voted yes ! nice post dude.

don't bump dead topics

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#34 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 19:14

Don't bump, bumps.

• user likes this

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rage, map, gmr_downhill_v6

0 user(s) are reading this topic