View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Removal of the map gmr_downhill_v6

rage map gmr_downhill_v6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: The map gmr_downhill_v6 (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the map gmr_downhill_v6 be removed?

1. Yes. (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No. (5 votes [22.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. Doesn't matter to me. (6 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote

#1 onceuponaban

onceuponaban

• 37 posts

New User

• LocationFrance

Posted 12 June 2014 - 19:54

Hello. I've made this thread because I'd like the map gmr_downhill_v6 removed. Here's why :

• A lot of people hate this map
  • This map is too dark for no apparent reason
  • It's almost impossible to drive in this map without spinning out, kissing a wall or slamming into players, inducing a lot of rage during the race
  • the speed at the last downward slope is kind of random, wich is frustating when competing for first place
  • the start of the race leads immediately to a long downward slope, increasing the amount of players killed in the first few seconds. At least the V2 handles it correctly.
  • the end of the race is fairly confusing, new players get stuck not knowing where to drive
  • the downward slope in the middle of the race sends almost everyone flying in random directions. Some people end up facing the wrong way at the end of that slope, and if they are strong players, the weak ones slam into them and die
  • This map is often confused with downhill V2, wich is a fun map and liked by a lot of players
  • Did I mention that a lot of people hate this map?
  • Speaking of downhill V2, why are both versions staying anyway?

EDIT : added a poll (of course, I voted yes.)

• user likes this

76561198073449791.png
GMR tips here!

Six, thousand, words.
ABOUT A DAY BAN!?

#2 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 12 June 2014 - 19:58

That's a nice list you have there. I have to say I agree, downhill V2 is good enough and it's a bit more survivable.

• Eddyke1 likes this

#3 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 12 June 2014 - 20:11

i agree about downhill v6 to be removed, often people also complain because they spinout and crash into each other

#4 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 20:30

If the majority hates it they shouldn't vote for it.
We've got a new voting system on the way, besides, the cars are still being tweaked, so the handling might change.

The name has got very little to do with it; they're completely different maps.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#5 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 12 June 2014 - 20:39

well newbies often forget about the difference of the 2 map names and just think it's v2 of ldt downhill , that has happened quiet alot lately

#6 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 22:45

Downhill V2 was made to replace it so why is it still on the server?

#7 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 23:04

Should be removed, make it only downhill_v2.

#8 Maltha

Maltha

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 12 June 2014 - 23:22

Everytime the server changes to Downhill v6, Mostly everyone gets mad.

I dont know why they choose the map even tho they hate the map. I dont know if its because they confuse it with the v2 version, which is very popular or whatever the reason is. 

Even though many hate the map, i acually like the map, and i would love it to stay. Fuck me right?  ;) 

#9 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:08

Well you can probably answer that question yourself by looking at the current opinions of pretty much everyone in this thread!

#10 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:00

The map is more playable than ever, so why remove it NOW of all times?

Ever since the latest big car handling update, Downhill is one of the maps that has actually gotten less glitchy and a lot easier to play.

So I have to disagree, keep this map.

For example:

Spoiler

P.S

The only similarity between downhill 1 and 2 is their names. So it makes no sense to say "remove this one because we have that one".

If people can't read the difference between "downhill" and "downhill v2" on the map vote list, that's their problem.

#11 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:01

10377021_921384481221884_119081298987668

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#12 onceuponaban

onceuponaban

• 37 posts

New User

• LocationFrance

Posted 13 June 2014 - 16:12

The map is more playable than ever, so why remove it NOW of all times?

Ever since the latest big car handling update, Downhill is one of the maps that has actually gotten less glitchy and a lot easier to play.

So I have to disagree, keep this map.

For example:

Spoiler

P.S

The only similarity between downhill 1 and 2 is their names. So it makes no sense to say "remove this one because we have that one".

If people can't read the difference between "downhill" and "downhill v2" on the map vote list, that's their problem.

it may be "easier to play than ever before" but it's still unplayable!

EDIT : an exemple where you actually manage to drive correctly in this map is not a proof that this map is playable. 8 times out of 10 I crash into everything.

Also, I find it logical that the V1 gets removed when the V2 is released. the similarity in the names makes players vote that downhill thinking it's the V2, thus voting a map that they don't actually want. and then it becomes our problem too because it's choosen...

EDIT2: Please, Maltha, explain why you like this map. I really would like to know.

76561198073449791.png
GMR tips here!

Six, thousand, words.
ABOUT A DAY BAN!?

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 16:13

It's funny because your name is Simon.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#14 onceuponaban

onceuponaban

• 37 posts

New User

• LocationFrance

Posted 13 June 2014 - 17:41

It's funny because your name is Simon.

what?

76561198073449791.png
GMR tips here!

Six, thousand, words.
ABOUT A DAY BAN!?

#15 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 June 2014 - 17:43

it may be "easier to play than ever before" but it's still unplayable!

EDIT : an exemple where you actually manage to drive correctly in this map is not a proof that this map is playable. 8 times out of 10 I crash into everything.

Also, I find it logical that the V1 gets removed when the V2 is released. the similarity in the names makes players vote that downhill thinking it's the V2, thus voting a map that they don't actually want. and then it becomes our problem too because it's choosen...

EDIT2: Please, Maltha, explain why you like this map. I really would like to know.

I have no problems playing it, and I don't crash and die 8/10 times.

Why and when exactly are you crashing?

It's not logical, because the maps were made by 2 different people and they have an entirely different layout.

Honestly, there's no issues with voting for the wrong map. Even if someone would indeed do it, they would know that for the next time and not do the same mistake again.

also, Bob was referring to yagwog :P

#16 onceuponaban

onceuponaban

• 37 posts

New User

• LocationFrance

Posted 13 June 2014 - 17:51

I have no problems playing it, and I don't crash and die 8/10 times.

Why and when exactly are you crashing?

It's not logical, because the maps were made by 2 different people and they have an entirely different layout.

Honestly, there's no issues with voting for the wrong map. Even if someone would indeed do it, they would know that for the next time and not do the same mistake again.

also, Bob was referring to yagwog :P

I generally lose control of my vehicle in the slope that features ramps, and I almost always crash in the zig-zag that follows the first slope. The problem with the vote is the following : you just need one or two person screaming "vote downhill!" (confusing that map with downhill V2) for a lot of people blindly following and end up getting the server to change for that map. And it's even worse when both downhill and downhhill V2 are available.

76561198073449791.png
GMR tips here!

Six, thousand, words.
ABOUT A DAY BAN!?

#17 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 June 2014 - 17:58

I generally lose control of my vehicle in the slope that features ramps, and I almost always crash in the zig-zag that follows the first slope.

you have 2 options in the slope area:

1. keep to the left in the slope and jump the left ramp and hope you'll land straight (but even if you don't you can just turn around)

2. use your brakes (this is what most gmr players fail at)

What do you mean with the zig-zag area? the small bumps after the slope? just avoid them and drive over the big bump ;p

#18 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 13 June 2014 - 18:10

2. use your brakes (this is what most gmr players fail at)

"Pfft, brakes are for sissies" - Toggle, who crashes all the time

• Pandaboy and Fox like this

#19 onceuponaban

onceuponaban

• 37 posts

New User

• LocationFrance

Posted 13 June 2014 - 18:52

you have 2 options in the slope area:

1. keep to the left in the slope and jump the left ramp and hope [...]

That's the problem!

What do you mean with the zig-zag area? the small bumps after the slope? just avoid them and drive over the big bump ;p

I'm talking about what follows the start of the race, after the very first slope that sends everyone flying away and kill the noobs :3

76561198073449791.png
GMR tips here!

Six, thousand, words.
ABOUT A DAY BAN!?

#20 Maltha

Maltha

• 10 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 13 June 2014 - 19:06

I cannot explain why i like the map i just do.  There is some maps which is better i agree.   But i would still choose this race map over any Arena map.  

I hate arena maps but i dont think they ever will be removed either. 

Some people dont like some maps. Thats how it works and we need to accept it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rage, map, gmr_downhill_v6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users