View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Boats combined into one: should it be against the rules?

Flood Mod

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ashdebruin99

Ashdebruin99

• 18 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 10 June 2014 - 21:06

Now one day I was playing flood and basically during the fight sequence when I was lone wolf. I saw mingeboats combined into one with a prop in the middle keeping it together. One person destroys the prop in the middle and the big minge boat has been split into ones, making the team very powerful and won the game.

now I'm not reporting people and pointing fingers at them saying "it's unfair," I just want to give mine and your thoughts about the situation itself: should it be banned and against the rules when combining 2 or more boats into one? Now I think it should be against the rules because of the unfair advantages you can use with the conjoint boat twins or what ever the f*ck you wanna call them. I would like to say some scenarios it can affect the gameplay dramatically.

Scenario #1: you destroy one of the minge boats that has been splitted up and then the person who was on the same team without a boat goes on another teams boat. You damaged the conjoint boat twins as much as you can but unfortunately you boat took too much damage on the vital floats and your boat has sunk. You destroyed another boat and the person goes on another boat, leaving you dieing in the water. The team starts to destroy other boat whilst the other players cannot do much damage on them. They win the game with only 3 boats remaining.

Scenario #2: Your expensive boat is getting damaged by the conjoint minge boat twins, but one person asks truce to them. They accepted the truce and started to obliterate your boat into tiny plastic and wooden fragments. Your boat cannot take any more damage so it sunk. Every body by your observation was gang banging you from the start (with the team and the conjoint twin boat). Someone destroyed the prop in the middle and the boat split into ones again, the players in the team decided to manoeuvre one boat, one flank and the other attack in front assault. They did that with every boat and managed to get no boats destroyed but damaged most of the time.

Now I know these are long scenarios but if you think in your head, it sounds very unfair to most players on the server. Some of these scenarios may happen and may not, but unfortunately a person with high powered guns cannot defeat the conjoint twin boats. But this is my opinion on why it should be banned and against the rules on the server.

Comment down below if it should be against or not against the rules and why you would think it is or not unfair. Anyway guys see you at the high seas.
  • bongfeng5000 likes this
"When life gives you chairs, Throw 'em at people."

#2 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 21:19

Isn't combining two boats into one already against the rules?

#3 Shaunus

Shaunus

• 473 posts

King Shaunus

• LocationCardiff, Wales

Posted 10 June 2014 - 21:31

Personally, the intention or carrying out of making boats to deliberately split into two, should be against the rules in my opinion.

The rules as I know of them state that there is only one boat allowed per team, so all the team should be situated on one floating mass, not several.

Prepare your anus!                                                    53fc4d560c6f0.png                                        "Wow, his face is a potato as well." - Revengekeuh              

#4 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 00:21

A boat designed to break apart into several parts is obviously not allowed.
That's just bending the rules so that it technically is one boat, but the intention is wrong and therefore it's not allowed.

But what makes a double boat? A boat is a boat as long as it's solid. If you and your teammate make two boats and proceed to weld them together properly, into one boat, that's fine. As long as it's actually attached and not held together by one or two lousy props.

PS: You're allowed to stand on any piece of remaining shipwreck in the end.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#5 Ashdebruin99

Ashdebruin99

• 18 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:23

A boat designed to break apart into several parts is obviously not allowed.

But they did say to me that they asked "The owner" and accepted it. But i think that's just to get them out of trouble, but thx for telling me about that. I did not knew it was in the rules :S

#6 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:14

You're aloud to join boats into one just as long as they stay that way and can not be destroyed into two they have to be close enough so that if the prop connecting them is destroyed their two main boats aren't far welded.

Just as long as the have one boat and it stays that way for the whole round it should be sweet.

That Australian guy!

#7 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 18:09

Just as long as the have one boat and it stays that way for the whole round it should be sweet.

Well really you shouldn't have to play that way.

If you create a boat with the intention of it acting as just one boat and it does break into two parts, then surely that is ok as well.

Also, whilst I'm here I'd like to add a question. If you create a tower are you allowed to make a boat as well attached to the tower so if it falls a "lifeboat" is deployed as I have done this before in the past and most recently haven't been sure whether or not it's actually allowed.

Also what I mean is combining float-able props together with a tower so they are in use as a tower but once the structure has been destroyed the base of it still floats. 

#8 Ashdebruin99

Ashdebruin99

• 18 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 11 June 2014 - 19:24

Also, whilst I'm here I'd like to add a question. If you create a tower are you allowed to make a boat as well attached to the tower so if it falls a "lifeboat" is deployed as I have done this before in the past and most recently haven't been sure whether or not it's actually allowed.

Creating tower and boat is equivalent of building 2 boats so no.
But having a life boat attached to a tower, I'm unsure you could do it or not, but you need to level it out in bouyency e.g having equal floats on all sides

#9 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,558 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 19:53

I was going to protest but I had such difficulty coming up with reasons I don't think it's worth disallowing.
In the end, floating props are more expensive.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flood, Mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users