Jump to content

View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion list

Suggestion Gmod Flood

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ashdebruin99

Ashdebruin99

  • 18 posts

    Forum Newbie

Posted 20 May 2014 - 20:04

Hello, you may not know me at all, well I have been playing Flood for atleast couple of days and I want to give my views and ways to improve it, well let's begin.

1.anti prop push plugin
Now people are p***** off sometimes because they cannot build a boat whilst during in the building phase due to trolls prop pushing. I had to admit it is annoying and rage inducing, so this plugin/mod disables collide on players what I mean by that is you cannot be pushed, it would go through you. It is a good suggestion to prevent trolls in and hope you like it.

2.Power ups
Now power ups are basically a consumable that can be bought once in a round well I had that idea to give a little bit of an advantage for both noob players and players struggling to win. It has power ups I thought of was: Gunzerker (Adds 50% more ammo in all of your guns and adds a 10% damage boost on bullet weapons), Swim suit (adds health up to 125 health and has a faster swim rate), Ballistic armour (Adds 15% defence to all bullet weapons on all props), Reactive armour (adds 10% defence on explosive weapons on all props) and lastly Fire fighter (all props resistant to damage by fire is by 50%). These would give players good advantages but some are cheap and some are very pricey.

3.Healing stick
Ever wanted to fix your boat? Cannot take any hits? Repair your hulls with the healing stick. As cheap as 7500 you can repair all props by each hit of 10hp giving you the amount of $10 but however it has a slow hit, so use it wisely.

4. More explosive weapons
Now you might be thinking, do we really need another Explosive into the game? Really? Well if you think about people don't use the Rocket launcher so I was thinking of adding a grenade, now it is cheaper than the RPG of 15000, It has to land in or detonate on the boat to damage or otherwise it will go into the drink (water). Another weapon I want is to have an explosive crossbow, with this it's the same thing as RPG and grenade but it has impact explosion, with this it has less blast radius and damage than the RPG and Grenade.

Final thing
5. crate/prize drops
This was inspired by a very old flood server and basically what is, is that at a certain time a crate or prize comes down, now you have a chance of: Getting money (3500-20000), Extra spawn cash next round (100-500) or Nothing. Nothing is atleast 50% chance of getting it Money is 15% chance and extra spawn cash is 35% depending on certain timing. If no one gets the crate it despawns so get them while their hot!

That's all I want to suggest for Gmod flood I hope you like this suggestion thread plz comment on what you think, anyways cya guys in the rough seas.
"When life gives you chairs, Throw 'em at people."

#2 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

  • 434 posts

    Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

  • LocationChavington, UK

Posted 20 May 2014 - 20:44

1. Anti Prop-push 

I would completely agree with this. I've seen a few addons that will make it so that when you phys-gun a prop it will no-collide with players only and is extremely useful. I'm noticed that the Flood server can be understaffed a lot and so for people who are on without a ranked player connected can have it rough.

 

2. Power-ups

I like the idea, but I feel balancing it may be hard. Here's the issue; when people have too much money, they will happily spend the cash to get the bonuses so they can win more, resulting in more cash income and enough to buy again. Some sort of cool-down system or rank/gearscore limit would be needed to prevent the OP becomnig more OP. However I do wish there was some kind of level-up or power-up system in the gamemode, would make it really worth playing IF it was balanced.

 

3. Healing stick

I think someone suggested it before and I think it would be useful, but I feel yet again I fear it will make the OP more OP. I do think something like this would be cool, it's just finding the right values for the current amount of damage the average player can do every second, and not going over that (or make it cost per hit).

 

4. 'splosives

The grenades sound like a good idea (with a bit of a price buff), especially if the water puts them out. The crossbow sounds a bit OP, and I haven't seen enough people with the RPG to feel that another long-ranged explosive weapon is needed. 

 

5. Crate Drops

I like the idea of a crate falling from the sky and falling at a random point in the map during battle. Whoever gets there first gets the prize. 



OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png


#3 FRAG

FRAG

  • 6,274 posts

    Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 20 May 2014 - 21:00

Thanks for taking the time to make this list,here's my reply!

1: Yes prop pushing is a big issue and I had to remove one prop due to the severity of this, I'll get something added before the weekend to nip this in the bud.

2: I actually had a prestige system on trial for a month on the dev server, it works but balancing is a big issue, luckily we have gearscore which I'm hoping will help balance this system out.

The prestige system allowed for "powerups" to stack (please bear in mind though, these powerups were of little %) much like the GMR system it would wipe all your bought weapons to level things out, I'd like to give the system another at some point but not quite yet.

3: The idea we had was to repair your boat at round end, you could then either add stuff on or keep going, I'd like to try and get this idea more thought out with flood players though and your healing stick is a nice alternative, I'll keep this in mind.

4: I have grenades! I've still not added them in though but I will!
Also I'm not so keen on the crossbow but brainstorming on it might help things :D

5: I have a crate drop system but not to this extent and its only really working on TTT at the moment, I like the actual "drop" idea though, let me get back to you about it.

Thanks again!
  • Ashdebruin99 likes this

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

 


#4 lr5t

lr5t

  • 5 posts

    Forum Newbie

Posted 20 May 2014 - 21:47

-allow sharks, they are the most fun aspects of the gamemode, and because it's a bit random it could aswell sink your own boat.

-option to mute someone trough scoreboard (TAB).

-more members per group, sometimes me and my friends like to play on the server, but  then we are with 4, whilst max team size is 3.

 


  • Ashdebruin99 likes this

#5 Ashdebruin99

Ashdebruin99

  • 18 posts

    Forum Newbie

Posted 20 May 2014 - 22:25

2: I actually had a prestige system on trial for a month on the dev server, it works but balancing is a big issue, luckily we have gearscore which I'm hoping will help balance this system out.
The prestige system allowed for "powerups" to stack (please bear in mind though, these powerups were of little %) much like the GMR system it would wipe all your bought weapons to level things out, I'd like to give the system another at some point but not quite yet.



I did say they are only bought once per every round, but a prestige system may be cool especially for people who keep winning rough sea battles. :)
"When life gives you chairs, Throw 'em at people."

#6 Psycix

Psycix

  • 11,431 posts

    Owner

Posted 21 May 2014 - 14:01

The problem with a repairstick in the fight round is that people would use it as an excuse for not being in combat and sit in a corner repairing their shit.


LDT is LDT.


#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

  • 19,546 posts

    I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 21:30

1. Don't exaggerate, prop pushing isn't as major of an issue as you're making it out to be. You can lock doors after all.
Also, since my physgun doesn't move people anymore, it's my only means of moving people small distances.
An anti-proppush would be nice though.

3. What Psy said.
I suggest a healing item that has limited charges and takes a second or two to heal something.

4. Explosive weapons are hard to balance but they're a lot of fun.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

         Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]


"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suggestion, Gmod, Flood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users