Springtime Elections 2014 Evaluation

22 replies to this topic

#1 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:28

How do you think it went?
What's your opinion of the schedule, voting method, voting power modifiers, etc?

I've gathered from some people that they're not comfortable with the whole "you have to vote for yourself" thing.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#2 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:55

It went well but I think some improvements could be made.

1. Keep the same voting method.

2. Remove voting for yourself (all participants still have to vote). 

3. Remove voting modifiers for all ranks (with the exception of Tabole Challenge 100x, obviously.) Still only a maximum of 3 votes from unknown players should be counted for each applicant.

4. During the election ceremony, more time should be spent consoling the players who recieved the lowest scores before proceeding with the announcements.

5. Tighter schedule, applications opening to election ceremony should be 7 days in total. 

6. Admin II elections once a year.  Open for all ranked players (Regular-Admin). One person to be elected. All losers are demoted one step down. You apply, you accept the terms. 

Admin II = the same as Admin but without having to contribute in any way towards the community, whether it be financially or by providing content. Also immune to demotions because of inactivity.

• Loadingue likes this

#3 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:23

Don't know what exactly is troll and what not:

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Disagree. Voting multipliers are fine imo ( obviously agree with tabole challenge 100x )

4. Don't mind lol

5. Timing was alright

6. Not even gonna bother xD

Own suggestion:

- Make campaigns obligatory, get the application section open on the forums again. This is imo the fun part the election needs!

76561198009946140.png

#4 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 779 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:46

I'm with Revenge on this one.

Maybe put some more focus on the riddle. It didn't feel like a lot of people bothered trying to solve it.

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#5 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:05

Revenge, please don't quote the whole post above you.

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#6 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:06

Okay, I'll get rid of voting for yourself.
But campaigns? I think the fact that they're optional is for the best.
Not everyone has the power to create something good. (Photoshop/video editing skills etc.)
Not everyone might have the time to.
As a matter a fact, I feel like some people ruined their chances by making a mediocre campaign because they felt they were expected to make one.

@xTorturer
Well, we can't force people to like something.
I was overwhelmed with the turnout of the riddle, at least 12 people seriously attempted it.
I'm very happy with the way it went.

By the way, I'm not looking for any feedback on the ceremony. We know those went really bad because they were always improvised between the three of us and we all had a different way to handle things.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#7 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:34

Let me and cyrill do it next time bob hue

• Cyrill Jones and Trif like this

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#8 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:35

Campaigns don't need to be something photoshopped or a video. I remember valikai giving a speech on his first campaign, organising a gather could be something fun as a campaign, quiz as has been done before, heck even "vote for me and get a cookie" can be a campaign. 

If it really ruins people chance then people are voting for the wrong reasons, campaigns are just a fun element around it.

76561198009946140.png

#9 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:48

To be honest, I don't think there was that much wrong with the elections, campaigns were fun to read/watch, voting modifiers were fine and people seemed to enjoy the riddle. Don't think voting for yourself should be in though, people with all the perfect voting modifiers will be able to give a stronger vote that someone else who wants to vote for themselves.

#10 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 18 May 2014 - 13:08

Wowow.

Voting for yourself is in for a very good reason.

If you cannot vote for yourself, voting puts yourself at a disatvantage.

The only other option is that you, as candidate, HAVE to vote on other players, which some people hate to do. Things like multipliers become questionable, as a donator multiplier would turn into your disadvantage. Entering (and losing) and voting should not change the outcome of the vote compared to not-entering and voting, should it?

Voting for yourself fixes most of the problems and avoids a big load of complexities based on intentions, ethics and forced actions.

LDT is LDT.

#11 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:08

or, you know, make it so the candidates can't vote at all.

• Shaunus likes this

"still that smileyface guy also called yigwog still is a nerd and ugly" - Eddyke1

#12 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:19

And loose over half the trusteds votes .

faggot"

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,525 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:31

Welp, yeah, I forgot the reasons psy explained, good one.
Vote for yourself stays in. The question is, mandatory or not?

#14 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:46

We have 76 people who are trusted according to the site and around 10 candidates are chosen.
u wot

• Trif likes this

"still that smileyface guy also called yigwog still is a nerd and ugly" - Eddyke1

#15 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:51

*Active

faggot"

#16 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:52

we only have 20 active trusteds?
man, we need to do a clean up.

• TheMelonMan and Revengekeuh like this

#17 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:53

Wowow.

Voting for yourself is in for a very good reason.

If you cannot vote for yourself, voting puts yourself at a disatvantage.

The only other option is that you, as candidate, HAVE to vote on other players, which some people hate to do. Things like multipliers become questionable, as a donator multiplier would turn into your disadvantage. Entering (and losing) and voting should not change the outcome of the vote compared to not-entering and voting, should it?

Voting for yourself fixes most of the problems and avoids a big load of complexities based on intentions, ethics and forced actions.

There's a reason why no serious election system uses self-voting. Because it's retarded. You get elected because people like you, not because you like yourself.

Also, seriously? You're overthinking it.

The most patient man in the world

#18 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 18 May 2014 - 15:01

Yes, I am putting as much thought into it as required.

There's a reason why no serious election system uses self-voting.

Actually, in politics they get to vote just like everyone else!

The difference is that in those cases, the candidates are not a significant part of the voting pool.

Here, the candidates ARE a significant part of the voting pool.

Even if all trusteds vote, that's still 10/76 ~ 1/8th of all trusteds. Moreso, they are the most dedicated and most active trusteds. The candidates are often the most involved players in LDT, we should not take away their voice.

Voting is not mandatory, voting for yourself isn't even mandatory. But the general idea is that everyone does it, so therefor it is fair and you should do too. Also, having to vote for yourself encourages voting to a point where we don't even have to make it mandatory!

LDT is LDT.

#19 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 18 May 2014 - 15:15

How does voting for yourself help anything? Those are just bonus points that mean nothing in practice. If you take away all the points each person has given to themselves, it gives the same result, since every Trusted does it and have probably all the same modifiers, or nearly.

The idea that "it's fair because everyone does it" is meaningless. If you were allowed to vote only for yourself, would it be fair as long as everyone can do it?

Why even discuss the idea of whether it should be mandatory? If one doesn't do it, he's screwed unless everyone idolizes him.

The most patient man in the world

#20 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 18 May 2014 - 17:33

Campaigns don't need to be something photoshopped or a video. I remember valikai giving a speech on his first campaign, organising a gather could be something fun as a campaign, quiz as has been done before, heck even "vote for me and get a cookie" can be a campaign. 

If it really ruins people chance then people are voting for the wrong reasons, campaigns are just a fun element around it.

My campaign was pretty much advertising the fact that Ed wets the bed.

EdSpray.jpg

Elections are fine in my opinion, just the end ceremony could do with a touch up ^^

• Hardcore Bob, TheMelonMan, Trif and 3 others like this

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users