• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 13:32

Wondering what gaming keyboard and mouse I should get. Can you please recommend some gaming keyboards and mouses, not really sure what ones are good.

#2 Commander

Commander

• 1,631 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 10 May 2014 - 13:52

I made a topic like this sometime ago aswell. First I bought the Logitech G19s and I really was not satisfied with it. So I sold it after 3 months with a loss of 30 euro. I didn't like the keyboard because the backlight colors where not bright  enough so you almost didn't notice it. The LCD looked fancy the first 4 days and after that never used it again. It also had brown cherry keys if I am right and you had to push to hard to push in a key.

The keyboard I got after that (almost 1 month ago) is the Corsair K90. I am really satisfied with it, it is awesome and definitely worth the money.

And a good mouse is the Logitech G700 imo. I am already using it for over then 2 years and it never broke. You can use it wireless or with cable.

Keyboard that I have now costs: 120 euro and the mouse I bought for 80 euro a long time ago if I remember it right ^^ 

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#3 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 10 May 2014 - 14:02

You're definitely looking for a mechanical keyboard. I have the Cooler Master Quickfire TK with Cherry Red switches, it's not a full-sized keyboard though, here's a pic:

QTK-22.jpg

This particular one is really really sturdy with a braided removable cable and the best (for me) type of Cherry switch. It even survived a beer spill which managed to get inside the switch. I prefer Cooler Master, Ducky or Filco keyboards as they are usually no-thrills awesome quality mechanical keyboards. There are of course others with flashy LCD displays and additional keys for game keybinds, if you need such stuff.

As for the mouse,  you need to tell us what type of grip you have. Here is a pic by Razer showing the 3 most popular grip types:

20130926-mouse-grip.png

Right now I'm using the Cooler Master Storm Xornet, which is a really cheap good fingertip mouse. I also have a Logitech G400 which has a near flawless sensor, but I used it with a fingertip grip, while it's meant for a palm grip, so it was just a bit too big for me. I personally wouldn't recommend neither a laser mouse nor a wireless one, other than that you should decide what type of grip is most comfortable to you and then look for mice in the price range that you have (which you haven't mentioned).

Update:

If you're not familiar with mechanical keyboards, go here:

http://www.overclock...-keyboard-guide

The third post has the switch animation gifs and an explanation of what it feels like to press it.

#4 TheMelonMan

TheMelonMan

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 10 May 2014 - 14:21

Get a mechanical keyboard whatever you do, I got one last Christmas and I love it.

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#5 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 14:21

Thanks for the posts! I'll go check out the other topic and have a look at the stuff over there and I'll have a look of what you guys have suggested here. And I have a fingertip grip, so I'll look at the one you're using at the moment Toggle. Once again, thanks for the posts, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to mouses and keyboards.

#6 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 10 May 2014 - 14:56

I need a new keyboard and mouse cheap, preferably mechanical, and the mouse with forward and back side buttons. Thing is, they need to be fairly cheap.

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#7 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 10 May 2014 - 15:00

Mechanical keyboards are not neccesarily better.

I bought a mechanical key switch tester to see which type of key I liked most.

Turns out I don't like them that much. They don't have much tactile feedback. The linear switches have no feedback at all.

Personally I'm going to try and get hold of a Topre keyboard. It's some sort of advanced rubber dome hybrid, I hope it will feel more like I want it to feel.

LDT is LDT.

#8 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 10 May 2014 - 15:49

The link I sent for mechanical switches also contains images of a Topre switch and Black and White Alps switch. Indeed you might not like a mechanical keyboard, you should go and test one somewhere if possible. I personally love having absolutely no feedback so I got a red switch which is also quite light to press.

#9 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,300 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 10 May 2014 - 16:11

Well even non mechanical, if I could buy both for under £100 and they're good quality, then i'd be fine taking your word on that psy. 

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#10 Ofarlig

Ofarlig

• 1,010 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:30

I don't really think keyboard matters. I'd rather have a standard 5 euro keyboard and spend more on a good mouse. I got a mechanical with black switches and I don't really notice too much of a difference compared to my old one that was a 10 years old standard keyboard.

• Hardcore Bob likes this

#11 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:38

With the risk of appearing to be some sort of eternal mechanical keyboard defender- maybe you haven't gotten used to it? Because nowadays I can't stand normal rubber dome keyboards, they feel like shit when I press the key, it's stiff and has such a short move to bottom out. If nothing else, at least the build quality gap is enormous. The plastic itself feels of much higher quality in a mechanical keyboard, it has no flexing or creaking and it weighs quite a lot more, which should indicate how much sturdier it is.

#12 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 11 May 2014 - 19:21

I'm backing up Psy and HOPE here.
I've used mechanical switches and there's qualities of rubber dome that no mechanical switch seems to offer.
In the end peripherals are largely subjective, the order of subjectivity is as follows, ascending:
Keyboard, Mouse, Headset, Monitor.

In the end, a keyboard that activates a button when you press it without delay is all you need. After that, it comes down to what kind of sound and feel you like.

I'm not against mechanical keyboard, just make sure prioritize a decent Gaming (laser) mouse, decent and comfortable headset and a good monitor and PC over it.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#13 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 11 May 2014 - 20:06

Why would recommend a laser mouse though? Unless you need 5k dpi an optical sensor on a good mousepad will always perform better for gaming, especially FPS games.

I just can't not disagree on rubber dome having better quality than mechanical, but whatever.

#14 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 20:59

So basically you recommend spending money on a good quality mouse rather than a keyboard?

#15 Dr Scheisse

Dr Scheisse

• 544 posts

Regular User

• LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 22:23

I would just buy a good mouse.

If I use a good keyboard and a 10€ mouse I will do a lot worse than with a good mouse and a 10€ keyboard.
But if you got money to burn sure go for both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users