View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

I am here to show you something awesome!

10 replies to this topic

#1 RickJames

RickJames

• 41 posts

New User

• LocationThe Hague, The Netherlands.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:20

Hello, my name is Rick James, and I am here to talk to you today about a new, not so new, program called, Overwolf! (Check bottom of thread for a link)

NOTE: I am not advertising anything I just think it's super handy and nifty, and I wanted to share it with you guys, this thread took me long to make.

7ULuZ.jpg

Let me start out by saying what this little program can do!

-Record videos on the spot

-Screenshots on the spot

-Upload the videos and screenshots via twitter, youtube, facebook on the spot! How useful is that for recording gmod demo's?!

-twiter

-Teamspeak

-Even your own internet browser overlay! How awesome is that?!

-Tons of apps, included for games such as, league, dota, and many more! (see below for more info!)

-Play your music, directly from this nifty widget!

7UMEm.jpg

So I will go in to some detail about the things you have read above me. Videos recording is set up in the easiest, and simplest way imaginable. Defaulted by "Ctrl + `" it will start recording. JUST LIKE THAT. And then you can stop it with the same hotkey and it will come up with an overlay such as this:

7ULYK.jpg

Now there are a few things you can do from here. As you can see right off the bat, you can share. Now when you do this, you will get something like this

7UM6Y.jpg

How cool is that?! And it uploads it for you! Nothing else required!

Also, things you can do, down at the bottom right hand corner, there are 2 things you see. A slide bar, and a resize. Resize is self explanitory, resize the window to your like(This applies for anything you use, browser, music, apps anything!) And the second is the slide bar. This adjusts the transparency. Pretty damn nifty! As with resize, you can adjust the transparency on anything with this app!(within the app, not like outside of the app such as steam and things. ._.)

Let's move on!

Next feature, Screenshots. Well this is somewhat explanitory, Default key, "Shift + `". So looking at this screen shot here, 7UMEm.jpg, top right hand corner a camera, and a recorder. Simply clicking this toggles the feature on the fly! Bascically comes up with the same thing, click to take a picture. But using hotkeys are always easier! 

Moving on

Apps- Browser

Wow, this browser window is simply, AWESOME! For some of you who are unfortunate enough to have one monitor, this program is PERFECT for you. You can manage skype, twitter, facebook, twitch, youtube, ANTHING just in game over lay. And may I add, the browser is insanely fast! And with the transparency feature, say you are playing wow, farming. Boring shit right, can't really alt tab to watch youtube. Well now you can! Simply download the app(or go to youtube in browser) And BAM!

7UN3l.jpg

Couple things going on in this picture. For one, youtube! WITH ZERO LAG! And transparency! AND RESIZING! It's insanely neat.

Moving on.

Apps for games. I will go ahead  and post a picture of this SOME of the games this program/widget can provide for:

7UNjh.jpg

There are others, but I figured, I have enough pictures and should concerve the ones I have left in case I need to show you anything!

So a few things going on here, as you can see, dota timers, tf2 craftin, guild wars apps,(more than one by the way). All these are so neat and can be used in game over lay with a resize option and transparency, and moveable anywhere you'd like!

So I will go ahead and post every app that this lovely life changing widget provides!

Utilities:

-Web Browser

-Alarm Clock

-Music Player

-Calculator

-Notepad

-Gmail

-LTCRabbit Monitor(don't know what this is..)

-WTFast(don't know what this is...)

Chat & Voice:

-MSN messenger(Who even uses this anymore?)

-Facebook chat

-GTalk

-Xfire Chat

-Steam Chat(Now you can use steam, talk to friends when you are playing a game like, wow, or league!"

-Yahoo! Messenger

-Skype Call(Not sure of the difference between this and actual Skype app, but feel free to check it out!)

-IRC

-TeamSpeak(Which by the way this prorgam is funded by)

-Raptr Chat

Entertainment

-8Tracks

-Twitch Viewer

-Twitch

-Google Play Music

-Spotify

-Joystiq

-Pandora

For tablets

-Skyrim Touch Controller

-BL2(Border Lands 2) Touch Controller

-TW2(The Witcher 2) Touch Controller

-Crysis 2 Touch Controller

-DC Universe Touch Controller

-Castle Crashers Touch Controller

-Lego SW 3 Touch Controller

-F.E.A.R. 3 Touch Controller

Capture(Most are installed by default)

-Video Recorder

-Screen Capture

-My Screnshots

-My Videos

-Twitch(Unsure if you can use this to stream to your twitch, but you should check it out!)

Social

-Facebook Social Feed

-Twitter

-Youtube

-Facebook

-Google +

For Games

-LoL timers.

-FACEIT

-GW2 Map Tracker

-GW2 WvW Galbar Timers

-GW2 Overpowered

-TactiCam

-GW2 WvW Sivea Timers

-GW2 Guides

-GW2 TT

-Dota 2 Timers

-Guild Bounty

-GW2 Boons and Conditions

-MortalSniper

-Faction tanslator(AION)

-WoW Talent Calculator

-Battlefield 3 Battlelog

-Tf2 Crafting Advisor

(Now just because you don't see your game on here, doesn't mean it won't work for your game. It will, they just don't have any special apps for it!)

All in all, I am in love with this program. And will be using it a LOT!

I will now link you some videos so you can see first hand what this bad body can do!

Thank you for reading! I garuntee if you download this you won't be dissapointed!! If you have any questions feel free to ask! But technical issues, you should probably contact their support!\

http://www.overwolf.com

• Axenstedt : d likes this

#2 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

• Steam:STEAM_0:1:7052825
  • LocationBirmingham, England

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:22

POPULAR

I wouldnt touch this application if it was the cure for aids.

• Gio!?, Hardcore Bob, Psycix and 14 others like this

Posted Image

"Motoki: vaginas are gay"

#3 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:41

I don't know Sythen, it wasn't bad for nonsteam games. However, I got it to be able to steam chat in nonsteam games, but it didn't work that well for that because you have to log out of steam to be able to steam chat in Overwolf.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#4 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:59

I use Overwolf only for the Teamspeak compatability. But the Buff camp timer for LoL is also nice to have.

76561198037959911.png

#5 Iksman

Iksman

• 550 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:08

Overwolf also tends to decrease your in-game performance by quite a bit. And since I am not really one for chatting during gameplay except for Garry's Mod, in which there is a lot of waiting in between rounds, and for that I have Steam Overlay.

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#6 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 08 May 2014 - 16:07

Installed Overwolf, didn't really see the point in it, and un-installed it!

#7 ZONIC

ZONIC

• 194 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 16:09

Overwolf was pissing me off every time I open up a steam game so I un-installed it. Dont see the point in it

#8 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 08 May 2014 - 17:01

I wouldnt touch this application if it was the cure for aids.

same, i think it's specially relevant to me too

• Shaunus likes this

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#9 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,163 posts

JAH!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 18:21

I have more than 1 screen

• Hardcore Bob, yagwog and Commander like this

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#10 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 08 May 2014 - 19:29

I needed a program for recording video games, but Open Broadcaster Software does it better. Thanks anyway!

The most patient man in the world

#11 RickJames

RickJames

• 41 posts

New User

• LocationThe Hague, The Netherlands.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 19:40

I needed a program for recording video games, but Open Broadcaster Software does it better. Thanks anyway!

I put a lot of time and effort into this, but thanks man, I have no issues using it and I really like it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users