• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Cheko93

Cheko93

• 36 posts

New User

Posted 07 May 2014 - 20:32

Hey there

I recently put money in my steam acc and I liked 2 games: ''RUST'' and "DayZ''. The problem is that I don`t know which one to choose.So can everyone give me there opinion on the games so i may choose one.

Thank you for taking the time. :)

#2 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 20:48

The two games are more different than you would think, for example, Rust is a survival based game where crafting, building and getting gear are the primary objectives. DayZ is based more around surviving zombies and it just turns out that most people are bandits, DayZ does have crafting and I think is going to implement base-building mechanics and obviously getting gear is still a primary objective.

In my opinion, I would say that DayZ is all round more fun and enjoyable, but I am probably slightly biased as I have DayZ and don't have Rust. I'd say, if you like zombies and think you can wait for more crafting and base-building options, get DayZ, if not, get Rust!

#3 Dr Scheisse

Dr Scheisse

• 544 posts

Regular User

• LocationFinland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 20:48

Both games are full of exploits atm, Dayz has a lot of hackers and there is some hackers in Rust BUT dayz is in alpha and will be going for a lot more when it fully launches I would buy Dayz + I dont think this is the right section for this.

#4 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 07 May 2014 - 20:53

I have Rust and not DayZ, so I might be biased too, but I like the gameplay of Rust more. I've seen tons of videos of DayZ and although it isn't bad in any way, it's just different and I like Rust more.

#5 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 20:57

I have Rust and not DayZ, so I might be biased too, but I like the gameplay of Rust more. I've seen tons of videos of DayZ and although it isn't bad in any way, it's just different and I like Rust more.

Toggle makes a good point, both games are actually fairly different even though they are viewed as similar types, the only real similarity is they are both survival orientated.

#6 RickJames

RickJames

• 41 posts

New User

• LocationThe Hague, The Netherlands.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:00

Rust if you have friends that play it

DayZ if you have friends but is also playable individually

#7 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:01

I have rust, I like rust. never regretted buying it.

Don't own DayZ so won't judge it but both games are still in development so they can both go long ways from here on out.

76561198009946140.png

#8 Cheko93

Cheko93

• 36 posts

New User

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:02

Thats why i ask becouse i like survival type games.

#9 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:04

Thats why i ask becouse i like survival type games.

Well, refer to my earlier post:

The two games are more different than you would think, for example, Rust is a survival based game where crafting, building and getting gear are the primary objectives. DayZ is based more around surviving zombies and it just turns out that most people are bandits, DayZ does have crafting and I think is going to implement base-building mechanics and obviously getting gear is still a primary objective.

In my opinion, I would say that DayZ is all round more fun and enjoyable, but I am probably slightly biased as I have DayZ and don't have Rust. I'd say, if you like zombies and think you can wait for more crafting and base-building options, get DayZ, if not, get Rust!

And decide which one seems more appealing, I explained the survival aspects in both.

#10 Cheko93

Cheko93

• 36 posts

New User

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:06

I have friends that play Rust and DayZ and but some play only DayZ some only Rust.

#11 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:10

I have friends that play Rust and DayZ and but some play only DayZ some only Rust.

Decide on the gameplay features then, what one YOU would find more enjoyable as you have friends that play both.

#12 Astro

Astro

• 289 posts

I am a knight who says Ni

• LocationWales

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:13

Dayz standalone is full of bugs at the moment so I recommend getting rust and then saving up for Dayz when it comes out of alpha

Don't look at my Steam

I am a German version of a weeaboo. I call myself the Germaboo.

#13 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:18

Dayz standalone is full of bugs at the moment so I recommend getting rust and then saving up for Dayz when it comes out of alpha

It's not 'full' of bugs, it has some bugs that are annoying but they aren't frequent and you learn to deal with them. Also, isn't Rust still in alpha too?

#14 Dr Scheisse

Dr Scheisse

• 544 posts

Regular User

• LocationFinland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:33

If we ignore the fact that Standalones price will most likely go up after alpha is done and focus on gameplay/bugs/hackers. You should go for Rust for sure it's at a way better state tbh

#15 OYNO

OYNO

• 303 posts

No Pain No Gain

• Steam:OYNO
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:51

I don't have Rust or DayZ. However, I recommend you to buy DayZ. It's my personal favorite and contains all from zombie surviving to exploring, crafting etc. Rust is only friend based, if you're alone it's not fun. 

76561198039059249.png

Depressed? Van Gogh only sold one painting when he was alive.

#16 dirtylemonpanda

dirtylemonpanda

• 213 posts

User

Posted 07 May 2014 - 21:54

Both games are due for an update soon i think you should wait till the next update for rust to come out which should be soon but we have all been saying that for a while. 

At the moment i would recommend dayz because it just isn't as boring as rust. Rust will get boring and not many people play it at the moment due to the updates being too small and not frequent enough. 

#17 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 07 May 2014 - 22:19

Going lone wolf on Rust, if done right, is a ridiculously good strategy. My opinion at least.

#18 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 07 May 2014 - 23:17

neither, wait till either game actually has more content fucking put on it for once in a blue moon

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#19 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:05

DayZ is a game that took four years to get to a point where it still sucks. It was fun because it was unique but the immersive experience is quickly ruined by glitches and hackers. A couple years after this they have their own standalone and it doesn't even include the first thing that was cool about DayZ: vehicles. Had/has a lot of potential but at this pace they'll never live up to it.

Rust is more like a DayZ-themed Minecraft. There's still a lot of immersion but the base-building is a lot more prominent and most of your time is spent gathering resources, crafting supplies and building structures. At least this one has only been in Alpha for like a year and is actively developed for by a competent person like Garry Newman instead of the bunch of monkeys behind DayZ.

In the end both games are rather incomplete but are unique in their own ways and can be really enjoyable because of it.
I'm just saying Rust is more likely to improve than DayZ.

/my two cents.
  • Shaunus, Cheko93 and user like this

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#20 bongfeng5000

bongfeng5000

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 08 May 2014 - 18:42

Dayz has gone down the shithole, Rocket the lead developer is leaving and the game is being run on the shitty ass bug filled arma engine even though they promised a new engine and spent ages developing one only to can it. It's clunky and its taken them over half a year to add more than a few guns. Furthermore the game is still desynced to shit.

On the other hand its a great game if you love fucking with people and ruining people's days which I do so I enjoy playing it on the occasion.

• Commander and user like this

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choose, DayZ, Rust, cheko, problem, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users