24 replies to this topic

#1 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

• Steam:STEAM_0:1:7052825
  • LocationBirmingham, England

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:08

In an effort to improve the gamemode over the last iteration, please leave your suggestions below.

Please try and keep the thread on topic as it will make it easier to sift through the information.

Thankies! :3

Posted Image

"Motoki: vaginas are gay"

#2 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 24 April 2014 - 13:06

Back when we ran this I tweaked the following:

-Arsenal crate removed

-You can buy without having to be next to an arsenal crate.

This prevents having 3 arsenal crates on one round, and failing the next one from the start because nobody bought one. It's a pointless mechanic.

However, I suggest the following should be done to improve the gamemode and get rid of permanent "sit in a single-door bathroom":

-No maps with single-door rooms AT ALL.

-Actually, we should create new maps. An experienced mapper could recreate almost any ZS map in a few hours. Most are really bad and bland and we could create a few new ones in no-time with much better gameplay and looks.

-A balanced limit on available nails (like shop stock)

-General rebalancing of guns, hp, damage

-Arsenal crate is still required to purchase stuff

-Nobody can buy an arsenal crate

-Arsenal crate airdrops/spawns somewhere in the middle of the map, and humans have to run there in between rounds

-There is a clear distinction between in-round and between-round in terms of zombie ferocity. It should be possible to "clear the wave" and run to the AC safely when a round ends

-Optionally the AC can be picked up and brought into the shelter, however, it only lasts for a single round and you will have to get a new one.

• Catkillerfive likes this

LDT is LDT.

#3 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 24 April 2014 - 17:42

I like the idea of having a random arsenal crate dropped, meaning you would have to leave the base you have every now and then and giving the gamemode an extra challenge.

Also inclined to agree about the maps, however having no maps with single-door rooms at all seems a bit much? Different maps = different playstyle on the maps, so why not have both? even though there should definitly be less of them compared to how it was now. 

A last thing:

I don't like the "volunteering for zombie". I think it would be better if the zombies were chosen at random, and maybe even like I think it's in deathrun? where everyone becomes a zombie at least once before having to become one again. Not sure deathrun works this way though.

• Axenstedt : d likes this
76561198009946140.png

#4 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 24 April 2014 - 17:58

Considering that reaching wave 4-5 is a HUGE achievement at the moment, I don't think removing single entrance rooms is a good idea. Then the huge achievement will be reaching wave 2 :D

• Bo98 and Axenstedt : d like this

#5 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 April 2014 - 19:12

Yeah, I think creating all our own maps to remove all 1room maps is a bit idealistic. However, I do like the arsenal crate idea. I assume there would be some kind of beacon to show players where to go?

Oui oui chevaux

#6 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 24 April 2014 - 19:37

Well we can balance accordingly. If people are forced to defend multiple entrances and forced to leave for crate, simply make weapons or barricades stronger.

It's just that if you make a gigantic map with 500 rooms, and only ONE of those rooms is single-entrance, everybody will sit in that single room 9/10 games. It's a matter of 'the weakest link'. People only need a single overpowered spot in order to win.

LDT is LDT.

#7 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 24 April 2014 - 19:43

Not sure if it's overpowered though, haven't seen the zombies get past the 4th wave once and only seen them pass wave 3 twice in these days the testing server has been on. even if sitting in the single entrance room.

Mind, I haven't played all that much the previous time we had the server so I could be completely wrong here.

76561198009946140.png

#8 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 24 April 2014 - 20:39

If it's balanced with better guns/cades it will work, but only provided everyone on the server know what they are doing. People usually get random items and then sit in a corner and wait for someone else to defend the spot.

#9 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 24 April 2014 - 23:07

Just wait until the people find out how to play it and the game will become boring.

All you need is a handful of decent people and some leadership.

LDT is LDT.

#10 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:42

I said it on the server, but I think the Nightmare can be changed slightly bit (Les HP, Lesser Spawn Rates, etc).

If we are to change the spawn rate it should spawn at round: 1,3,5 and 6 (5 and 6 in a row due to normal difficulty scaling as per usual). Or it can spawn mid round instead of the beginning.

In the chase of HP, if the round nerf in not instated I demand to have it's HP reduced from 2000 to 1500, It takes a long ass time to kill him. If there is no one who is brave/stupid enough to go outside the barricades and fight him, he just wrecks to much.

76561198037959911.png

#11 Axenstedt : d

Axenstedt : d

• 42 posts

New User

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:07

nigtmare aint that op, valikai and i rekt one in a melee fight  :D  :ph34r:

#12 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 25 April 2014 - 13:26

What psy said probably also works for the nightmare, once people know the game they'll be more likely to be able to kill it.

76561198009946140.png

#13 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 25 April 2014 - 13:34

Yess Axen, but thats because the Zombie Melee detection are... Let say worse than a sniper rifle (It's very narrow).

Also, both of you probably used sledgehammers.

• Axenstedt : d likes this

76561198037959911.png

#14 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 23:54

How about arsenal crate appearing in a random position much like the Killing Floor trader?

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#15 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 30 April 2014 - 21:21

Rather than making our own maps, why not just edit the ones that we currently have and add a few more features to make it less bland and get rid of one door rooms.

I also think that the maps should be made bigger as there isn't really much room to do anything, making it even easier to get killed by zombies.

#16 ZONIC

ZONIC

• 194 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 01 May 2014 - 16:34

Could you make the green dots to show where the humans are more visible, its fine on small maps but when on a big map such as the mall its very hard to find the green dot. As well as giving the Humans fists as a melee weapon to smash windows or hit zombies.

#17 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 21:28

Could make it so there is an outline around the humans instead of a dot?

#18 ZONIC

ZONIC

• 194 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2014 - 21:59

Maybe make the Zombies for the Humans outline in green and the Humans outline in blue for the Zombies?

#19 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 22:01

Don't think the humans should know where the zombies are, that would ruin the suspension effect and wouldn't make much sense in my opinion.

#20 ZONIC

ZONIC

• 194 posts

User

• LocationUK

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:20

What is the idea of zombies laying down when you press shift?

• UnDead likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users