• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 alacbar

alacbar

• 178 posts

User

• LocationLondon

Posted 20 April 2014 - 22:57

I thought it would be a good idea for their to be a deathmatch option for spectators/dead people on the TTT server, perhaps just having to type in a command whilst spectating.

I think this would be a good idea as it would be something to do for people not currently taking part in the round, especially if it is taking a long time to finish or you died right at the beginning. I have seen it used on other servers and people have died almost always join the death match.

Cheers 

• bongfeng5000 and Luke like this

Anything is a dildo if you are brave enough

Muncle.png

#2 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 21 April 2014 - 00:49

Sounds kinda fun, but that'd segregate the server population. I love when we're 22 people watching the final battle :P.

I wonder what the impact on server performance would be.

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#3 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:05

I've seen this suggested before, a long time ago.

I agree with trif that it might take away the interest in the actual round itself.

I don't see how it would impact server performance though. I mean, it would just be like you weren't dead, but you'd be invisible to alive people and you wouldn't be able to affect the round or move around props (unless you could enter props as a poltergeist).

#4 alacbar

alacbar

• 178 posts

User

• LocationLondon

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:58

I understand what you are saying about everybody watching the remainder of the game but on many occasions, it is not always that interesting, even so it would be entirely optional so if the final battle was really interesting you could just leave in order to watch it.

Maybe if people are unsure, try joining a server with deathmatch and seeing how you like it?

Muncle.png

#5 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 14:09

Physically respawning people who are dead is going to be a problem.
If there's going to be a spectator distraction it's going to have to be either a text game or something that fits into the browser.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#6 alacbar

alacbar

• 178 posts

User

• LocationLondon

Posted 21 April 2014 - 14:13

Those who respawn as a part of the deathmatch cannot be seen by the living people and are not physically a part of the active round, there is no way of the dead people affecting the round that is in progress.

Muncle.png

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 16:11

I mean technically it is going to be a problem.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 bongfeng5000

bongfeng5000

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 21 April 2014 - 16:24

I don't understand why technically its going to be a problem? There are plenty of other servers that do it.

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#9 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 April 2014 - 17:35

Adding unnecessary code to a gamemode that is already more complex than it probably should be? Where are people going to deathmatch? Are people unable to find their alt and tab keys?

#10 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 21 April 2014 - 17:35

If it is on other servers surely it wouldn't be that hard to implement....?

#11 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 21 April 2014 - 20:11

Its not hard to make at all, I've already done it but never saw much need for it.

Still don't now to be honest, I know other servers have it and its useful for passing time during long ass rounds.

If its wanted, I'll apply it.

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#12 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 21 April 2014 - 20:55

I'm not sure if this would make the server better. If we can apply some changes to shorten the rounds then that would be more useful, right?

• bongfeng5000 likes this

LDT is LDT.

#13 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 21 April 2014 - 23:14

What changes could be implemented to ensure shorter rounds? the only thing we have going at the moment is rule 6...

#14 alacbar

alacbar

• 178 posts

User

• LocationLondon

Posted 21 April 2014 - 23:21

I think that there aren't many negatives in doing this, Frag has said that the coding is not to much hassle and it can pass the time for those bored of waiting, however if people do not think it is a good idea, I don't see why go to the effort of doing it.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Muncle.png

#15 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:08

The only other way I can think of to shorten the round is to implement some sort of "sudden death" system.

The system will work like !RTV. when enough people votes it's activated. Alive people can vote as well as dead, if they feel nothing is happening.

But what happens when the vote passes?

The traitor gets an extreme bloodlust, and is able to smell the blood of innocents (a radar updating every 5-10 seconds). This will prevent those 1vs1 rounds where they can't find each others.

What? It sounds OP for the traitor? I forgot to mention, that while having this extreme bloodlust, the traitor has to kill within 30 seconds. or he'll die. This will prevent time wasters who just doesn't kill people. When the T kills someone, it adds X seconds to only his life span (so if there are more than 1 time wasting traitor, time to compete who can kill the fastest!).

Obviously this vote can only be passed if there is more than 30 seconds left on the regular timer.

30 seconds is just an example btw, the time could be shorter... or even be calculated depending on the traitor's distance to the closest innocent :>

I can't decide if this is just silly or if it would actually help anything :P

#16 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 22 April 2014 - 16:47

Panda's idea: Silly imo. The only times rounds actually take long is when the T either doesn't buy a radar or the inno is walking in a way that he can avoid the radar. Your idea wouldn't really make these 2 possibilities go away.

On topic: Why not give it a try and see how people on the server respond to it?

• bongfeng5000, Commander, alacbar and 1 other like this
76561198009946140.png

#17 Shaunus

Shaunus

• 473 posts

King Shaunus

• LocationCardiff, Wales

Posted 22 April 2014 - 18:35

When dead you can possess props, surely this could be extended to be part of some prop minigame or something to do relating to props?

Prepare your anus!                                                    53fc4d560c6f0.png                                        "Wow, his face is a potato as well." - Revengekeuh              

#18 Maddy

Maddy

• 166 posts

Max

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:09

I say we give it a try. But I do like Shaunus's idea as well.

#19 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 25 April 2014 - 14:37

How about a betting system involving LDT$?

#20 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 25 April 2014 - 15:50

That will kill the economy. (Which we don't really have right now, but kinda want to steer towards at some point)

LDT is LDT.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TTT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users