• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hyper

Hyper

• 11 posts

Forum Newbie

• LocationEngland

Posted 15 April 2014 - 14:21

Instead of one server, one account of points to be used for buying skins, trails ect.

Make it one account of points that is used for all servers, if you get some points in DR, you can use them in floodmod.

Of course though in order for it to be fair it will require the prices for items to also be the same in all servers, best pointshop in terms of the prices would be DR

#2 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

• Steam:STEAM_0:1:7052825
  • LocationBirmingham, England

Posted 15 April 2014 - 15:36

Wouldnt really make sence, as each server has its own pointshop, and its own point method. The prices on Deathrun for example are adjusted for Deathruns point rate.

Posted Image

"Motoki: vaginas are gay"

#3 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 15 April 2014 - 20:15

This is someone I initially wanted to work towards to, starting with the DR pointshop. Sadly the DR pointshop never grew out into something suitable for all servers. Then the servers differ too much in rate of points given out, and lastly not all content is suited for all servers.

Before something like this happens I need to make a system that fixes the rate of points on each server to the same limit, make a nice high quality homemade LDT poinshop that can last forever on all servers, and make sure its content is tailored to each specific gamemode.

LDT is LDT.

#4 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

• Steam:STEAM_0:1:7052825
  • LocationBirmingham, England

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:07

Tis alot of work, but is doable.

Posted Image

"Motoki: vaginas are gay"

#5 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:36

I have a idea on how to execute this (When you have time). Since Hats can be equipped on all servers, you can put the hats as the baseline items, and you can add Model, trails and other non-hat related cosmetics as a addition.

But ofc, we (you) need to find a equilibrium for how much LDT$ that will be awarded for X and Y actions in each gamemodes.

I would say 10 for just playing.

• TTT: By the end of the round, you will be awarded a % of your Karma as bonus points. And a big juicy bonus if you won (25 points X the amount of T's/D's)
  • DR: As it is now, if you directly kill someone and if you won the round.
  • Flood: A faction on how much damage you did that round + winning X/+ the amount of players that are playing.
  • GMR: At first I tough about maybe 5-10% of your race price (Race). 10-20 points for destroying cars and 50 points for winning (Split if the time runs out, Arena).
  • ZS: 1 point for killing a Zombie, 10-20 for killing a Human. 50 for surviving the round (Human) and 20-30 for killing all the humans.

Any other suggestion.

76561198037959911.png

#6 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 16 April 2014 - 18:29

Yeah that will make certain gamemodes earn more than others. Bad.

What the system needs to do is pay out credits based on a pot which gets filled based on the number of players. So on average the server can't earn more credits, but each player individually can earn more or less depending on his performance relative to others.

We've got more ideas brewin', but that will come later.

Global poinshop is something we want to work to, but first we will need to revise the entire system. Perhaps we want items to go around as actual items rather than things you can own or not. Like steam's item system.

• Pandaboy likes this

LDT is LDT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users