LDT Sandbox!

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:00

A permanent sandbox server would be perfect for LDT!

Why, you ask? LDT is full of people who want to play for fun, and mess around together in garrysmod. But there's no server that fully allows this kind of gameplay! Not only that, but LDT is also full of creative people who I am sure would build some amazing things if only there was a Sandbox server.

With that said, It would be awesome to be able to play sandbox multiplayer with everyone with this community!

Current collection of addons (will most likely change):

Spoiler

• Axenstedt : d and user like this

#2 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:19

This. Just this :D I used to build too before I discovered TTT, would be really cool to go back into it. Mornedil has the addons nailed pretty much, although I enjoyed making planes as  well so if this ever becomes reality, don't forget FIN tool :D Oh and ball socket advanced.

• Axenstedt : d likes this

#3 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:36

Forgot about the Fin tool since I rarely build planes :P. Is there any difference between the fin tool and this?

I've always avoided ball socket advanced because it used to mess up when duplicated. but yeah many people use that so it could be useful :>

#4 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:55

I don't know, I've always used the Fin tool and it worked nice. Same goes for advanced ball socket- the only problem I've seen with it is people not building when facing the right direction, so the whole contraption flopped. Other than that no problem with duping whatsoever.

#5 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:22

We've had a Sandbox server multiple times, they never lasted.
Also there was eternal debate over which addons should/shouldn't be on.

That's my view anyway.

On the other hand, hosting an extra server costs us nothing so we might as well, if there's demand of course.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#6 Nyanetto

Nyanetto

• 87 posts

User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 13:47

Will propkilling be on? :o If so, Wacky and I are definitely going to join it > :D

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 13 April 2014 - 14:01

^

See what I mean?

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 Nyanetto

Nyanetto

• 87 posts

User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 14:11

Not so we can propkill everyone, just eachother :o

#9 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 14:14

You can put the option to disable godmode for yourself so they can have fun while someone else builds. I know I'll certainly play on the server, but of course if you believe it will be mostly empty it might not be worth the time.

#10 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 13 April 2014 - 15:28

It will probably be vacant after a week or two.

However, it doesn't cost us anything but effort, we have the box, and the reason I really feel inclined to do this is because you neatly provided a list of addons, with possible workshop links.

What I might even want to do, is set up a server + controlpanel, and assemble a committee out of a few selected people, who will manage the server and addons themselves.

But first, I need to be convinced that there are enough people for this. Set up a petition or something. :P

LDT is LDT.

#11 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 13 April 2014 - 15:32

I'd rather see Black Mesa RP or something :P

#12 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 16:26

SligWolf will also visit it, at least he told me that. There you have 3 people decision taken :D

#13 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 April 2014 - 17:12

^

See what I mean?

That's the awesome part about sandbox. Two people can prop fight each others how much they want without disturbing anyone else, providing players can toggle god mode. And if a third person wants to join the fight, they can just disable god mode and spawn a prop.

I remember playing on LDT sandbox once, but the server was passworded, and on gm_construct, and without prop protection. with those settings it has no chance to last :P

I have to get off my computer now.. But I'll probably make a collection of sandbox addons later. I'd be more than happy to help manage the sandbox server (if you decide to have one :P), as that's actually the game mode I have most experience with in garrysmod.

#14 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 17:19

I want to help with the addons as well, I too have accumulated a good amount of time on sandbox.

#15 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,156 posts

JAH!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 17:55

Sandbox is all I used to play before TTT was released, so I must have about 2000+ hours clocked on sandbox lol.

Id be happy to play in themed build gathers(or something) but not sure id want to play otherwise.

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#16 user

user

• 765 posts

Regular User

Posted 13 April 2014 - 18:49

Sandbox gathers have huge potential in my opinion, for example you have X time to build a car and kill the other person/team :D

#17 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 13 April 2014 - 18:55

I'd play on it.

• Axenstedt : d likes this
76561198009946140.png

#18 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 13 April 2014 - 19:44

I'd also play on it :)

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#19 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 13 April 2014 - 20:29

Similar to what Cyrill said, before I joined LDT GMR I spent many hours playing sandbox and still have loads of dupes from things I've made in the past and would love to start playing sandbox again with people from LDT. Of course it would be good if we were to have a vote on what addons to have on the server before hand.

#20 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 13 April 2014 - 21:06

I made a collection of the addons I mentioned in the OP, and the two addons Toggle mentioned:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=248910728

I also added the simple prop protection addon (the most crucial addon ever for multiplayer), read what it does here: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=145061455

I just made the collection to get it started, but can of course add and remove stuff anytime ;p.

Precision Alignment and Centre Axis/Ball socket tools are not included, as Wenli who made them never fixed them for Gmod13, and the unofficial fixes (that are working just fine!) were never uploaded to the workshop.

http://www.facepunch...d.php?t=1239976 <--- they are here

@Daniel

Well first we have to list all possibly useful addons, and if something seems like it would be unnecessary for the majority of the player base, it can just be removed from that list.

Is there anything you're missing, or something that seems a bit unnecessary? (and this question goes out to everyone!)

• user likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users