Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 31 January 2014 - 16:27

Hey all, only a quick notice for you all today!

Development on next update is going faster than ever and every day is coming closer and closer to completion. However with your help I can make it even better than it already is, by reporting current bugs to me in this thread whether its an error in your console or something not working.

Even though I am asking you to just report bugs, I would please like you to post them in the format I will present below.

*TEMPLATE*

- What is the problem?

- Errors?

- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible)

Current reports (Will update as posted and when fixed):

- Crash on server join (Happens when Steam fails to authorize player)

- Only alive players at round end earn the points.

- Zer0 skin is invisible to some players.

====================

This is not a hard format to follow and would help me massively if you did go along with this template.

Thanks again and I shall be back soon enough with the update :P

Ninja

*EDIT* Please can someone sticky this thread please. Thanks

• Trif and xTorturer like this

#2 Jesse

Jesse

• 25 posts

New User

• Steam:Iammu
  • LocationHoorn, Netherlands

Posted 31 January 2014 - 16:44

- What is the problem? When people sometimes join this server (only this one) gmod closes

- Errors?  There is no bug error, it just closes as if you press the exit button on a browser.

- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible) It seems this is happening at random, and I haven't experienced it in a while, so I cant give a time/date. Hope somebody else will.

''Every raccoon has a tail, but not every tail has a raccoon'' - Ghandi

#3 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 31 January 2014 - 16:47

The crashing on server I check a little while ago but forgot to give you all a heads up with what is going on. I am going to be looking into the cause of the error, but it is causing a 'Player is not authorized' on the join of the server which is causing the player to crash.

Thanks for the report, I have been really looking into this problem thoroughly.

#4 LemonLord

LemonLord

• 224 posts

LemonLord is suspicious

• LocationWales

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:40

Problem
The Zer0 skin is invisible to a couple of players. (Borderlands 2 zer0 not Megaman zero)   

Error 

No errors but I'm not sure if it's the skin itself or the players PC because Dicey was able to fix it for himself.

Time/date

I don't think it's important for this but yesterday, 31st January around 11:00 - 13:00.

29th January not sure about the time but I think it was in the morning. 

#5 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:12

What be the problem:
I think this has been brought up somewhere else, but only players who are alive and on the winning team get any points. This usually means 2 people get points. Adding back the points for the dead people, or only adding a fraction of the reward (say half), so that people that run most of the way then die at least get rewarded for setting off half the traps.

Errors:
Nope.

Time/Date:
Every round.

Ps: Also, of course the map vote not working 100% and ending up on the same map for -59 rounds, but I don't know when this happened or if there were any errors.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#6 Jesse

Jesse

• 25 posts

New User

• Steam:Iammu
  • LocationHoorn, Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2014 - 14:56

What be the problem:
I think this has been brought up somewhere else, but only players who are alive and on the winning team get any points. This usually means 2 people get points. Adding back the points for the dead people, or only adding a fraction of the reward (say half), so that people that run most of the way then die at least get rewarded for setting off half the traps.

Errors:
Nope.

Time/Date:
Every round.

Ps: Also, of course the map vote not working 100% and ending up on the same map for -59 rounds, but I don't know when this happened or if there were any errors.

I think that the ''bug'' about people not getting points when they are dead is the way it works on this server. Honestly if it's not meant to be this way I think this is a good way to handle the point system, otherwise it would be too easy for people to aquire points and the rarity of store items would drop.

''Every raccoon has a tail, but not every tail has a raccoon'' - Ghandi

#7 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 17:32

What is the problem? - Weapons are invisible but I can still hear sounds and swing them.

Errors: None as far as I am aware.

Time/Date: Occasionally/Random

#8 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 21:35

What is the problem? - On cb_egypt, if two deaths press the buttons for the breaking platforms at the same time, then both platforms will break. This therefore could be exploited.

Errors: None

Time/Date: Whenever the deaths do this.

#9 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:49

What is the problem? - On cb_egypt, if two deaths press the buttons for the breaking platforms at the same time, then both platforms will break. This therefore could be exploited.
Errors: None
Time/Date: Whenever the deaths do this.

This happens on all maps that have 2 buttons but only one can be spressed, eg:
- rooftops
- sonic
- any map with death doors traps.

It's mainly a hammer/engine problem and I doublt it can be sorted, but you never know.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#10 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:59

ooooh ok.

#11 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:38

I may be able to solve this and will look into it for next update! Thanks for the reports. :)

#12 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 23:18

- What is the problem? The velocity cap isn't working
- Errors? No error message really, but the error is that you can go beyond the 500 velocity limit previously set to limit bhopping
- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible) Anytime, but I can confirm it happened both today(4/1/14) and yesterday(3/31/14)
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#13 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

• Steam:STEAM_0:1:7052825
  • LocationBirmingham, England

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:48

- What is the problem? The velocity cap isn't working
- Errors? No error message really, but the error is that you can go beyond the 500 velocity limit previously set to limit bhopping
- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible) Anytime, but I can confirm it happened both today(4/1/14) and yesterday(3/31/14)

Very much aware of this already, but thanks for the post reguardless! :D

• Krunder likes this

Posted Image

"Motoki: vaginas are gay"

#14 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 05 April 2014 - 16:04

- What is the problem? afk kicker isn't wokring
- Errors? no error
- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible) 4/5/14

- What is the problem? most models are errors for most people
- Errors? http://pastebin.com/uQX1j6Er
- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible) 4/4/14,4/5/14, presumably other days aswell
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#15 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 16:20

- What is the problem? afk kicker isn't wokring
- Errors? no error
- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible) 4/5/14

- What is the problem? most models are errors for most people
- Errors? http://pastebin.com/uQX1j6Er
- Time/Date (If you have it, if possible) 4/4/14,4/5/14, presumably other days aswell

Thanks, we do know about this one, this one happened after the last major gmod update.

Posted Image

#16 nicolasje076

nicolasje076

• 2 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 27 April 2014 - 15:10

hey y cant see any smoke any more from traps or from smoke granades pls help me 

#17 elite

elite

• 1,426 posts

Forum Regular

• LocationEngland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 15:27

Write the bug report using the template please, it makes it easier to determine what the issue is and what exactly happens.

EDIT: Helped nicolasje076 fix this, just changed a few of his GMOD video settings, this seems to have resolved it.

#18 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 27 April 2014 - 16:12

hey y cant see any smoke any more from traps or from smoke granades pls help me 

First off, please take note of what Elite said. However, I had this issue and what are all your GMOD video settings?

#19 Sythen

Sythen

• 604 posts

I LOVE MY BRICK!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:17

We are aware of the currently issue with DR not being playable, the issue has been reported, and shall be resolved as soon as possible.

Update:- Issues have been fixed, DR is playable once again.

Posted Image

#20 Gninok

Gninok

• 19 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 19 May 2014 - 21:31

I dont know if someone has posted this problem already, but:

people seem to be losing their points. I saw Mr.Fox earlier he lost all his points and everything he owned. now I had sort of the same problem too. I bought the kfc bucket and lost 5k points twice, with about 10 minutes delay inbetween.

I dont know if anyone else is aware of this problem... ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users