racer gmr idea

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 13th Spade

13th Spade

• 4 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 29 January 2014 - 22:37

I have an idea for a new style of racing in garrys mod that I dont think would take any modification to the script or tracks, How about a Team Based style of racing. by that I mean people could form 3 or 4 man race teams, give themselves a name such as O'patrick Racing or anything they would like....Teams would register themselves and their drivers via the LDT website and only registered teams/members could access the 'Team server"...possibly theres a way to keep track of team points and we hold "racing seasons" team vs team for points... I know the website can keep track of how many races players have been in so maybe its a possibility to keep track of points somehow

Sample of points

1st place: 10 points for team/driver

2nd place: 8 points for team/driver

3rd place: 6 points for team/driver

4th place: 4 points for team/driver

5th place: 2 points for team/driver

it could be worked out wether its better for teams and drivers to upgrade cars as usual or if we would all have equal upgrades/cars and race without having to upgrade.

so far its a general idea and details could all be worked out if this sounds fun and if its possible to do.

#2 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:07

So Daniel i and another prestige 10 or so could form a team and pretty much win just because we have the upper hand of the 10th prestige?

Or maybe there are different categories of racers? such as a someone with a lower max rollspeed could be placed in a different area compared to a prestige 10 person?!

That Australian guy!

#3 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:53

How about a gather where people race up against each other in similar cars.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#4 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:37

Better make it on a god damn weekend!

That Australian guy!

#5 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:19

Wasn't there a gather for GMR before?

#6 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:23

Yes but it involved everyone earning money. As a result, the first people with an engine upgrade kept winning and kept getting engine upgrades faster. It was kind of fun but had it's share of flaws.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#7 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:54

Maybe if someone was to organise that again but give everyone the same car instead and use cash as points. Whoever has the most cash at the end wins :D

#8 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

• 322 posts

Regular User

Posted 31 January 2014 - 00:52

I think an other GMR gather is needed!!!
  • Daniel likes this

76561198005083543.png

#9 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 February 2014 - 19:54

If everyone was given a maxed out 1st prestige car, it's not as if most people experiencing the gather wouldn't be experienced with handling the car and at the same time gives flexibility as there are still 5GFlops to assign.

But as for the server and the season, kind of starts out like you're suggesting an altered gamemode, then a series of gathers? Would be quite a lot of effort to organise on a long term scale...

Oui oui chevaux

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racer, gmr, idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users