• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 17 January 2014 - 16:38

I think this would be important because you have to rely on witness or kill yourself to spectate deaths when they are
freerunning. If they had different models and could be distinguised at a glance, it would make it much easier to be able to slay the correct death.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#2 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 16:46

Last time I checked, there was something called spectate and a scoreboard. 

Even if 3 deaths with no models play, theres no change in scenario anyway

• xTorturer likes this

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#3 Hugoroy

Hugoroy

• 671 posts

The Silliest Filly

Posted 17 January 2014 - 16:51

Actually, I agree with time here. Any help to distinguish deaths would be a great help for moderation.

Many thanks to Manypopes for making my awesome avatar!

psycix
- I hope a thief comes in at night, and seals your capslock and shift keys.

Dart-Lobrik - Yeah sometimes, deep inside, I feel like a little mexican pimp pedophile

#4 Iksman

Iksman

• 541 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 17 January 2014 - 16:54

Deaths can still wear hats, so that's one thing that helps distinguish.

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#5 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 17:00

Most people choose to use trails or models.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain

#6 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 17:01

Last time I checked, there was something called spectate and a scoreboard. 
Even if 3 deaths with no models play, theres no change in scenario anyway

The scoreboard doesn't help, because I'm talking about telling WHO freeran. And yes you can use spec, but that takes more time.

#7 dirtylemonpanda

dirtylemonpanda

• 213 posts

User

Posted 18 January 2014 - 00:20

if someone free ran wouldn't that require all deaths to break a rule not just 1 

• Psycix likes this

#8 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:21

No, it only takes one person to hit all the buttons.
In fact, it is mostly one person who does it.

#9 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 18 January 2014 - 13:49

Is it possible to register whenever a Death presses a button?

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#10 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,527 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 17:13

Using up all the buttons isn't essentially the same as giving a freerun, it might result in one though.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#11 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 782 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 17:26

It's not that hard to check the scoreboard at the beginning of each round to see who's death.

Also most of the times the innocent death says: "omg.. [player] pressed all the buttons"

wouldn't it be a lot more effort to learn what model everyone's using instead of just killing yourself and look who's breaking the rules?

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#12 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 19 January 2014 - 18:42

Hm, nobody answered my question.
Assuming that it IS possible to detect whenever a Death presses a button, we could have a certain threshold (a mix of pressing rate & pressing ratio to other Deaths) that triggers a warning visible for moderating players only.

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#13 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 22:27

I think it's theoretically possible, but there is no system in place.

Also, a system like this would only be useful after the freerun has occured.
I'm talking about using this for quickly, resolving the problem before someone uses the entire map's buttons.
  • Farkan likes this

#14 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:56

You think a sensitive system would be slower than the players xD?

I wanted a system like that because on numerous occasions, I've committed suicide to check who was freerunning, and then it was too late when I finally found the offending player after clicking through 20 players. If there was a warning when someone pressed a lot of buttons in succession, we wouldn't even have to spectate to find the problem child, and we wouldn't have to depend on shop items to recognise players.

We'd obviously get quite a few false positives (like when someone's trying to kill a rusher), but since the warnings would only be visible to moderating players, I don't see the problem with that.

#15 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 15:22

I missed the warning system, sorry xD
That sounds perfect to me, although I would like it if ranks wouldn't just slay on the warning, as those false positives could be really annoying.

#16 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 20 January 2014 - 19:06

What I meant was that if the moderating player saw a freerun happen, they could look at the warning in their chat to know the name of the culprit instead of having to spectate - not the other way around.

#17 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 19:11

I understand what you're saying, but, sadly, I think people would slay based only on the warning, so false positives could become a problem.

#18 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 20 January 2014 - 19:28

I personally agree with Trif here because we want things to be easier for everyone and new players to do. Being able to view when a player has pressed a button is going to be our main goal and will be easier for everyone.

I may even also look into a way of the server detecting a free-run because I have an idea on how I could do such a thing.

Leave this with me and one question Time Rider, how come you never moaned about this before GMOD 13 when there was a permanent Death model then aswell?

Thanks

• Trif likes this

#19 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:38

Honestly, I just recently saw a ranked player who had problems with having to go on word of mouth, but two people had conflicting reports of the person who did it.

Also, these things pop into my head after seeing problems with current systems, not just thinking about possible problems.

#20 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 21 January 2014 - 14:22

Well, the permanent Death model as Grim Reaper is staying. However, I will implement a system for free running etc.

Also, you on the other hand having a permanent death model helps make out Deaths easier in the final battle and other areas :)

Hope you agree! :)
  • The Time Rider likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users