144 replies to this topic

#21 Gio!?

Gio!?

• 3,428 posts

Forum Regular

• Steam:GioNL
  • LocationBleiswijk, South-Holland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:08

I think changing these icons is a high priority, as they are completely out of style:

63c2f77b69438ba7be19d954c7f121aa.png

Next to that, on the following screenshot some of the fonts are horrid:

NEWS & INFORMATION //Don't really like how squeezed this font is. Should be wider.

Recently updated - Start date - Most Replies - Most viewed - Custom //Ugly in general. Also blue color on orange bar is ugly and should be changed to something light, perhaps whiteish gray.

Icons, yes. Blue bar, yes. (some) fonts, yes. But I also said I wasn't ready with the styling yet. Just be patient.

And what about the inability to see the Member section? Is it just me or do other Members experience it as well?

That should be fixed now, I forgot to link the permission settings to the actual member group.

CAMPZONE______STEAMSKYPE______USER POLICY

#22 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 811 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:18

Could you do that with the Trusted Section too?

My bookmark doesn't work anymore and simply searching for it with the searchbar also doesn't work either.

• lynx and Luke like this

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#23 Kronasus

Kronasus

• 1,669 posts

Admin

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:20

I think i'm missing a "mark as read" button on the view new content page

#24 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:18

I got banned for quoting a large picture, and since I could not find the "thumb" command when I posted, I assumed an Admin would take care of that. Bob indeed took care of it by banning me and letting me realize there is no thumb command (not that I blame him).

So, add thumb command please like on any other forum? Also make it automatically thumb images in quotes? Because else there are more bans on the way.
The most patient man in the world

#25 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:56

Or you know, follow the rules and don't quote pictures?

#26 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 20:08

There has never been a thumb command and the rule has always been there.
I'm still figuring out the warning system. What's it called a warning for if it instantly bans?

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#27 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 13 January 2014 - 20:16

Oh it was a rule? I never noticed.

Anyway, my argument still stands. It's better with a thumb command, and I wonder if the old website didn't actually thumb down pictures in quotes.

Edit: where are the rules written anyway?

#28 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 13 January 2014 - 23:43

@Bob:
I moderate an IP.Board forum where the infraction system has an "Unofficial Warning" reason that only sends a message to the user, no punishment. I'd think it's the same here unless some board setting is messed up, but I haven't seen the admin CP, so I dunno.

@Loadingue:
Nope, no thumbnails before either, and I actually don't mind that it's not here.
I like my images rawwww.

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#29 Iksman

Iksman

• 551 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:30

Where is the current list of online Teamspeak users? It was very handy to check if someone was on or not.

Thanks for re-adding it!

• xTorturer likes this

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#30 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:43

It would appear the Teamspeak bar has 2 crosses...

I understand the 3rd one in a rounded box but there are 2 x's.

YuDrWBT.png

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#31 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 00:23

Here are the most pressing issues as of now, in my opinion.

1. The editor
It seems to really dislike using the plain text editor, it doesn't allow for simple use of BB code. (Selecting a piece of text and Ctrl + B or press the "B" button to boldify it doesn't work) All of the BBcode options are disabled and the WYSIWYG editor is the default one. I find this extremely inconvenient. 

2. Videos

So it auto embeds videos? I don't want to embed every video I link at all! 
Also, why does it have to center? It really messes with the usual left-to-right layout of the forum and its posts.
As a feature I would like to suggest being able to embed videos in 480p format, which this forum easily has room for.

3. Images
They're thumbnailed by default and have this flashy fullscreen animation which doesn't even fit properly. 
I'd appreciate if images were just images; displayed as they were. If they're wider than the forum allows, they should be resized to the maximum forum width like on the previous forum. As an extra feature, it would be cool if THOSE images did actually enlarge (Open in new tab) when you click on them. But don't unnecessarily scale images. On this post you can see how the picture fits the forum perfectly well but is scaled down and the text is rendered uneasy to read.

Of course I find the old forum link issue the most pressing of all, but I kind of gathered that this isn't going to get fixed, sadly. 
Lastly I would like to be able to Lock and Stick threads using the tickboxes under the reply box again.

Good going so far Gio! :)

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#32 BillzSkillz

BillzSkillz

• 140 posts

User

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:40

Seeing as I'm not sure where to put it, I'd like to suggest a cookie counter that give people a cookie every time they like a post or thread on this forum. The cookie counter should always be visible on the User's profile,  so that way you can see how chaste or greedy people are with their likes!

#33 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:24

Rn7npGG.png
Is there any reason this is purple? It's one of those things my OCD catches badly.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#34 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:06

It's not purple for me.

#35 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:42

Okay, looks like it got changed shortly before posting the picture.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#36 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 811 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 15:42

When you change your Profile Background it doesn't remove the default one, but instead it overlaps the one you want.

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#37 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:10

We really need spoiler tags.

#38 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:25

Spoiler

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#39 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 23:36

Thing is, all older posts with names in spoilers are now broken.

#40 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:32

In the serverlist tab in the forums, maybe you should make it so it don't clip the edge of the white-area-something or do't have 2 server info images at the same line (1 per line).

76561198037959911.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users