GMR Server

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cryptek

Cryptek

• 4 posts

Aerial Developer

Posted 26 November 2013 - 23:28

Ok so I am a huge... I mean HUGE fan of LDT's GMR server. I absolutly love it. However... I would like to run a very small GMR server myself if possible. The MOTD will remain as LDT's MOTD and every link pointing to a website will be pointing straight to here, but, I don't know how to make a GMR server and would love to make one... Could I possibly ask for help?

- Cryptek

#2 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 23:29

We wouldn't give you our gamemode.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#3 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 26 November 2013 - 23:51

There is a broken version of the gamemode available to download, completely different to LDTs version but if you really wanted too, you could work on trying to fix that and get it up and running.

#4 JJHK

JJHK

• 1,803 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 26 November 2013 - 23:52

That was not what he asked for.

#5 Eclipse

Eclipse

• 299 posts

Regular User

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:14

Making a GMR server would take A LOT of time to do so, and you would have to know lua to a good extent to be able to fix everything that is wrong. GMR breaks with the slightest difference in code that people just stopped running it because of just that.

Psycix is tired of coding GMR due to the fact is breaks too easily.

And GMR is hard to fill up if you want to run a "very small" one. Very small isn't even fun.

You won't get much help unless you pay someone.

#6 Cryptek

Cryptek

• 4 posts

Aerial Developer

Posted 27 November 2013 - 22:50

I am not asking to be handed something. I hardly ever ask about being handed anything. I am currently trying to learn lua so I can make a GMR code. [any releases I will give to LDT if its not so sensitive to changes [[I know how to make something not sensitive]]] I do want to run a rather big GMR server. However I will be keeping all the links and such here to LDT and not to my community... Because to be honest, if it wasn't for LDT I wouldn't even be playing Garry's mod. I bought it and didn't know how to play it but thanks to LDT I know my way around now. I understand how hard a GMR server will be to host but in my opinion its better then my DarkRP server...

There is a broken version of the gamemode available to download, completely different to LDTs version but if you really wanted too, you could work on trying to fix that and get it up and running.

If you could give me a link to the broken download of GMR and a week, I'll have it re-coded and up and running supporting any modifications to the code.

P.S
And could someone tell me how to set up a signature here...

- Cryptek

#7 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 23:02

Add me on steam and I'l send it over. There is a link below also to add a signature click on the "Forums Action" tab along the top of the page, under the serverlist tab and then select edit profile. You should be able to figure it out from there. :)

#8 The Meta

The Meta

• 477 posts

Not meant to be helpful

• LocationWales

Posted 27 November 2013 - 23:49

You're certainly ambitious. I'd like to see how this turns out.

76561197979270420.png

#9 Cryptek

Cryptek

• 4 posts

Aerial Developer

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:17

We will find out how it turns out in due time :)

#10 Cryptek

Cryptek

• 4 posts

Aerial Developer

Posted 28 November 2013 - 16:37

The next person to come to me and ask for money to help me with this coding thing... I will take action. I have my team of Developers if I need help. However, I thank you for the offer but, I WILL NOT BE PAYING $350 for a peice of script that took me no more then 5 minutes to make a quick temporary fix for.
- Cryptek

#11 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 28 November 2013 - 17:40

Um okay, not sure why we needed to know that.

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users