View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

New Gamemode idea.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this idea ? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea ?

1. Fuck Yeah ! (10 votes [43.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.48%

2. Fuck Yeah ! (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

3. No I don't ( Chance of pedobear finding ya' , just sayin'. " (8 votes [34.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 swecompany2

swecompany2

• 7 posts

Mad Swedish Guy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 16:53

So...
*Magical Flashback sound**

Yesterday I played around in singleplayer with TDM cars.
I drove them inside Evocity and drifted a bit :P
But I stopped for a second and changed paint job and bodykit but that's when the idea struck me.

Gmr is a awesome gamemode but what if you combined the great TDM cars and the fun races in GMR, CASHING JACKPOT!

So I figured out a gamemode which is in Proposition state.

Garry's Mod : Melon Drift! [I really have to figure out a better name ._. ]

You start of with a really slow HL2 jeep.
But when you have enough cash , you can buy a New car but It's not an straight car unlock line like Jeep-Volvo-Buggati instead you got the possibility to buy a car without buying 10 others t unlock that certain one you want. So you can play with a jeep then buy a Volvo or a Lamborgini (If you have enough cash of course). Then you can take it further buy adding the customizable car system from GMR! TDM cars have prebuilt-in bodykits and other cool cosmetics which you can buy to make your car look cooler (Cuz u Can :3 ) but you can also upgrade the breaking system and add turbo like in GMR but the car have limit for how much you can mod it , so you can't place a v8 inside a little Mini Copper.

#MrBeanLondonDrift

So basiclly you have the freedom of choice to customize your car to suit you play Style.
Maybe you are a drifter and you pick a Nissan Skyline with increased acceleration and turbo.

Cars are classified with a small description under their name like
*Name : Hummer
*Cost : ????
*Description: * Speed: Slow * Heavy Chassi = High health .

The health system is the same as in GMR but the more health you got = Heavier chassi = Slow car.

My plan is to run this gamemode on the stock GMR one but with more "realistic" feel with these IRL cars.
Maybe turn rp_evocity or gm_bigcity into a race map or just use the normal GMR maps.

Give a +support if you like this.

That's all for now.
Remember to +support! (Or pedobear will find you soon >:3 )

#2 UnDead

UnDead

• 727 posts

Mostly dead

• LocationBolton, United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 17:03

Who the hell are you?
And is this even possible?

76561198009536331.png
UnDead is now dead

#3 swecompany2

swecompany2

• 7 posts

Mad Swedish Guy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 17:06

Who the hell I'm ?

Just a Mad Swede :P

"If this is possible ? "
Is it possible to drive jeep in GMR ?

Edited by swecompany2, 22 November 2013 - 17:18.

#4 Ikkoops

Ikkoops

• 29 posts

New User

Posted 22 November 2013 - 17:27

Would be nice but.... isn't that a bit too hard? I mean idk?

#5 Valikai

Valikai

• 927 posts

Regular User

Posted 22 November 2013 - 17:28

I actually like the sound of this.

+support to the mad swede.

"still that smileyface guy also called yigwog still is a nerd and ugly" - Eddyke1

#6 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 22 November 2013 - 17:37

It would be possible I THINK, as TDMCars comes with .txt configs for all the vehcles, so you could edit them in terms of speed and handling, but I'm not sure how possible it is to actually make a system like this.

HOWEVER:
TDMCars s quite a big pack, and I don't think an aspect of racing them is a good idea, not where we have a GMR community. The problem is, all the cars are the same with slightly edited values, which you could argue GMR is. Therefore, if it's fundamentally the same thing, it's just 1 big DL for people, where the cars won't be as easily editable, and the system will probably be harder to code. Not to mention those cars spin out on a 1 degree corner.

I'm not saying it's a bad concept, I'm just throwing in my opinion. Personally I feel it's just GMR with a few aesthetical changes. I like the idea, but t's a lot of work (probably).

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#7 swecompany2

swecompany2

• 7 posts

Mad Swedish Guy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 17:48

I understand the size of the package but we don't need all 7 ferraris and 6 kinds of Golf's...
Maybe choose "certain" cars and maybe have 16 kinds of cars :) ?

And as you might know downloading it is a NIGHTMARE so how bout' making an small content featuring those cars and codes ?

For those who ask if this is technically possible this is my answer from my standpoint.
Most cars are entities like Scars and are not regonzied as a car in gmod.
TDM Cars goes under the same type of object as the Stock Hl2 drivables.
This means that it possible but remember Its easier to poor out 3 buckets instead of 20 [Smaller amount of files = Faster processing].

Rest is up to the community coders to say.

#8 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 22 November 2013 - 21:38

Slap on some miniguns and rockets, make it play "Crashday" on loop on the background and, make it super fast and Im in.

Please get the "Crashday" joke :(

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#9 swecompany2

swecompany2

• 7 posts

Mad Swedish Guy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 23:00

I did not mean to turn this into a Death Race Ripoff xD !
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/

#10 OYNO

OYNO

• 303 posts

No Pain No Gain

• Steam:OYNO
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 November 2013 - 23:53

I've always been thinking swedish people are crazy... :P regards from Norway hehe, btw the idea was kinda cool

#11 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 22 November 2013 - 23:56

This would be a lot of work, I wouldn't have the time neither the interest of making it.
I've secretly been tinkering with GMR though, expect an update for that.

#12 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 00:28

Thank you Max! :D

#13 Maddy

Maddy

• 166 posts

Max

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:22

If it was made I would play it. It sounds like a cool idea :D So good luck :P

#14 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:52

Actually sounds pretty cool
+support
That Australian guy!

#15 swecompany2

swecompany2

• 7 posts

Mad Swedish Guy

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:47

This would be a lot of work, I wouldn't have the time neither the interest of making it.

What needs to be worken on ? Scripts ? I'm intrested in hearing what ! :D

#16 swecompany2

swecompany2

• 7 posts

Mad Swedish Guy

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:52

I've always been thinking swedish people are crazy... :P regards from Norway hehe, btw the idea was kinda cool

But I think you know that your country have as much mad vikings as in Sweden xD

#17 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:35

I've been thinking about something like this for months, but didn't bother to suggest it because I'm 99% sure nobody has the time or energy to make it.

I was going to suggest SCars instead though because I don't know what TDMcars is. TDMcars seems like only serious race cars?
From what I've seen people can make their own SCars, so there are so many different types (junk cars, gokarts, race cars, sports cars, mopeds, big trucks, all cars from GTA vice city, ETC).
Like, it would be fun with various types of vehicles as well. You could use a gokart or motorbike on a map with sharp turns, a sports car for .. race maps, and like, a big fat garbage truck on Robot Wars. .. And why not throw in the airboat too? It would save you from the flooding on Block Fort, plus enable a whole new type of water maps :D.

But really, it would be awesome to just have the same GMR game mode, but with these changes:
  • Remove prestiging, replace it with purchable cars.
  • Re-make the whole shop system to support having multiple cars.
  • Limited amount of garage slots (but increasable)
  • Preview of car in a garage when in shop (no need to make that area in each map, I'd make a garage model for it)
  • Each cars have upgrades that make them better.
  • Some cars share the same upgrades (like mines, missiles, headlights, etc)
  • Better base car means better when fully upgraded.
  • Certain requirements to unlock certain cars for purchase (like 100 wins, 500 people killed in Arena maps, etc)

Let's face it. The buggy wasn't made to go at 130MPH, that's why it's handling sucks... So instead of installing a V10 monster engine in a buggy, it'd be a lot smarter to buy a new car.
But as we all know, you can't just change something in the current GMR code without fucking up 10 other things, so if this was made someone would have to remake it from scratch.

Edited by Pandaboy, 25 November 2013 - 13:29.

#18 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,559 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 14:00

Too right Panda. "Re-make the whole shop system" would take more effort than the gamemode is practically worth...

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#19 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 25 November 2013 - 14:15

What a coincidence that I currently am remaking the whole shop system.
I'm just saying weapon slots
Posted Image
Don't expect this very soon, it's a lot of work (modelling, texturing models, coding the weapons AND recoding the entire shop system because it sucks)

#20 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 25 November 2013 - 14:59

I completely agree panda, but if we use SCars, we might just as well create a whole new gamemode.

LDT is LDT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users