• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SprintingGhost

SprintingGhost

• 9 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 November 2013 - 16:18

I've been playing Gmod Racer for a while and these suggestions came up:
  • Buy a nitro-color (So you can have a red nitrous or a blue one)
  • Buy a nitro-texture (So you can have a laser beam or lightning strike as nitrous, the default gmod trials)
  • Give the Superchargers an use (they don't do anything right now)
  • More prestiges!
  • Add an gflop option: Braking speed
  • Remove the Ion cannon or make it less OP (it kinda is now)
Hope you guys like them!

#2 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 19:38

It would be nice to have some updates for GMR.

1. It would be quite cool to have the option to choose what nitro color you have.
2. This would also be quite cool if you could choose what comes out of your cars exhaust whether it be flames, smoke or nothing.
3. I think this is a problem to do with Garry's Mod itself rather than the game mode but it would be cool if we could maybe replace what these parts actually do.
4. I think 10 prestige's is more than enough, there gets to a point where cars become extremely over powered.
5. Adding a braking option could prove to be useful on quite a few different maps.
6. The ion cannon is fine, you want to spend 75k on a weapon that is actually going to do damage. It takes around 2 to 3 direct hits to kill a fully maxed out car and even more if they have some of their CPU points spent on health. Removing it would be silly.

It's great and all that people have a lot of suggestions for the game mode but it's the question of "Is anyone actually working on GMR at the moment?"

TTT and Flood have been worked on and regularly updated by Frag
Deathrun has been worked on and updated by NinjaMeister and Sythen.
GMR was fixed to work on Gmod13 which I'm sure everyone is grateful for but that's it. What I would like to know is, are there any future plans for the development of GMR?

#3 dirtylemonpanda

dirtylemonpanda

• 213 posts

User

Posted 08 November 2013 - 20:23

I have to agree with daniel GMR was loads of fun when it first came back up but now i seem to find it boring and dull i think a few updates will do GMR well. look at what updating TTT did before when it first came back after the update it was deserted but now it's full almost every night for a short period of time

#4 Meangamer

Meangamer

• 18 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:04

I agree with daniel and dirtylemonpanda it would be fun with some updates and all that because its been kinda boring lately on the server because its not any new maps ore any new updates so if it would be a update then the server would be full and more fun again

#5 Eclipse

Eclipse

• 299 posts

Regular User

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:40

I talked to Psycix about different nitro colours over a year ago, still nothing about it.

We don't need any more prestiges.

Ion cannon is fine how it is, you just don't know how to use it against the person who has it.

Last time I remember talking to Psycix, he didn't really have any motivation, might of been a different reason (probably gonna be yelled at for this :3)

#6 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:20

I have barely played GMR at all since I downloaded the SCars addon. (video)
After driving a SCar and felt the difference, I got really bored with how hard to control the HL2 buggy is when going at 130MPH.

a SCar handles nicely, and a cool part of it that there are so many different cars with different colors/skins. There is even a tool that comes with it to change all the properties of the car to change speed, horse power, health, stability, handling, engine sounds, wheel model, brake efficiency, front/rear suspensions, etc.

I'd love to see a new GMR gamemode (NOT a replacement of the old) that's basically the same, but with SCars instead (and no, not like GMR2. Only the cars would change, nothing else). Then instead of prestiging the same car over and over again, you could buy a new and better car base to upgrade. It's getting boring to see everyone using the same car tbh. Also, different cars would be useful in different maps. For small maps with sharp turns, a Gokart or Motorbike could be used by the player (providing he bought one)

It could use the same maps, same checkpoint system, same battle/race game types.. just different cars, shop, and garage.
But.. Then comes the problem. Who would make this?
Who knows enough about LUA and have spare time and energy to develop this? probably nobody xD. But it would be so much fun.

Edited by Pandaboy, 10 November 2013 - 09:45.

#7 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 11 November 2013 - 00:07

I talked to Psycix about different nitro colours over a year ago, still nothing about it.

We don't need any more prestiges.

Ion cannon is fine how it is, you just don't know how to use it against the person who has it.

Last time I remember talking to Psycix, he didn't really have any motivation, might of been a different reason (probably gonna be yelled at for this :3)

You are right, I do not have much interest in further development of GMR.

For the sake of dev-player communication I'll explain why:
1 - The gamemode itself is horribly coded and changes take a lot of effort, sometimes even fail.
2 - Out of all servers, GMR is the most "done". It provides a solid gameplay experience for quite a bit of time to a new person.
3 - Yes, there could be further expansions, but these would only really benefit the relatively small group of permanently dedicated people. Compared to the entire population a server serves, a group of at most a few dozen is almost nonexistent, so is it really worth the effort?
4 - I hate how the HL2 buggy handles. In terms of car handling GMR is one of the worst racing games I have ever played, of course there are things that make up for this, but the core of GMR is the HL2 buggy, and that sucks balls. So if anything, we need to create a new gamemode from scratch. I don't think I am willing and able to spend enough time on this unless I can monetize the project.

However - I have handed the GMR gamemode to Max. Wait - he is just going to try to see if it is possible to easily add a few things, it is not said that he will actually do this.

LDT is LDT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users