• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SprintingGhost

SprintingGhost

• 9 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:01

Closed

Edited by SprintingGhost, 09 November 2013 - 14:32.

#2 SprintingGhost

SprintingGhost

• 9 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:11

-

Edited by SprintingGhost, 09 November 2013 - 14:37.

#3 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:25

Just a suggestion: add some ranked players on steam so you can call them on to kick people who need it.

There's a rank list up the top there, maybe look there and find anyone who's familiar on the server, add them, or anyone who enevitably posts; "I'm happy to come on, add me on Steam!" :D

I don't know if you have a rank already, but most people have to climb the ranks and earn a spot on the moderation team. It's not really my place as I'm only a regular, but I'm just saying.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#4 bongfeng5000

bongfeng5000

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:27

Ghost I'm afraid that applications for moderator are only available for trusted and above and only at specific times. We generally hold elections twice a year. The rank chain goes regular>trusted>moderator>admin>owner. Keep playing GMR and I'm sure you will get regular soon. In the mean time you should try and add some ranked people to your friends list, as Bot Dan suggested.

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#5 Slendy the Slenderman

Slendy the Slenderman

• 396 posts

Regular User

• LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:34

http://ldt.gg/forum/...eds-and-higher]

It is a little outdated but there are many people on there you can add who can help myself included :D

#6 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:41

Guys, I think he just wants some power to be able to help out on the server. Newer players won't be familiar with our rank structures, especially on GMR where it isn't shown on the scoreboard.

So Sprint, for your benefit, the ranks go:
Unranked - everyone
Regular - You get promoted to this when moderators / admins notice you to be playing regularly, taking an active part in the community and being responsible
Trusted - kinda the same as regular but for longer
Mod - Get elected. Kinda hard. Elections are only once or twice a year and only 2 or 3 get elected at a time. This allows you to wear the [LDT] tag
Admin - yah don't even try ;)
Owner - be dutsch
Oui oui chevaux

#7 Danbready

Danbready

• 3,510 posts

The Irish Guy!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:52

Better explained :P

Unranked - Self explanatory

Regular - Trusteds/Moderators/Admins notice you're active on all fronts and think you'd be a useful asset to the community. You have the ability to slay/kick etc but not ban.

Trusted - Same system as regular but you have the same powers as moderators because you're "trusted" with them. Trusteds also have access to the "Trusted" section of the forums.

Moderator - Elections are held once and while for trusteds to become apart of the [LDT] tag wearing family. Moderators have access to the "Moderator" and "Trusted" section of the forums.

Admin - Be a excellent coder and create lots of custom content for [LDT] ... Donate a lot of money. Have access to near about everything.

Owner - The founders of LDT (Purple rank)

To conclude, if you feel that you can be an asset to LDT then be active on all fronts of the community, have a good knowledge of how things work around here and it won't take to long before you're noticed and recommended. Best of luck!

But in the meantime, add ranked players as the others have said.
Locky locky!

Edited by Danbready, 06 November 2013 - 21:06.

Religion is like a penis;
It's good to have one, and you should be proud proud of it!
But don't go taking it out in public and don't go around shoving it down other people's throats...

#8 dirtylemonpanda

dirtylemonpanda

• 213 posts

User

Posted 06 November 2013 - 20:58

dude add people like me or other regs/trusteds their is usally some1 on and if i am on gmod i am always happy my self to go on gmr

#9 Press

Press

• 269 posts

Sucks at Epigenesis

Posted 06 November 2013 - 22:18

Add meta, he plays a lot of GMR.

76561198081215238.png

#10 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 06 November 2013 - 23:18

I seem to remember a thread from a while back about how to get a rank, but I can't find it for the life of me.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#11 Slendy the Slenderman

Slendy the Slenderman

• 396 posts

Regular User

• LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 23:27

http://ldt.gg/forum/...-I-get-promoted

This one?

#12 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:28

Yes, read that boy through, it'll speak wonders.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#13 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 07 November 2013 - 23:11

I would usually be willing to help on gmr but my computers power supply recently blew up so i can't really help atm.
That Australian guy!

#14 SprintingGhost

SprintingGhost

• 9 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 November 2013 - 16:13

I've been playing Gmod Racer for about 50 hours i think, and i've been alot online with Shadow and Meta but they never promoted me to Reg although i always tell people to stop spamming, remove their inapropperiate spray, don't camp or i ask mods to kick AFK'ers or fix the chats but they never really promoted me...

#15 SprintingGhost

SprintingGhost

• 9 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 November 2013 - 16:23

And i'm dutch so the "owner" rank is no problem, just jking, but i am dutch though!

#16 atty16

atty16

• 1,355 posts

The Angel of Death

Posted 08 November 2013 - 16:46

dude, hours doesn't mean anything. it took me about a year to get regular and I playing on the server every day.

Keep playing and make friends then I'm sure you get someday

I love my blades, my ship and my slaves 

#17 SprintingGhost

SprintingGhost

• 9 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 08 November 2013 - 17:03

dude, hours doesn't mean anything. it took me about a year to get regular and I playing on the server every day.

Keep playing and make friends then I'm sure you get someday

Sure, sorry for bothering y'all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users