0. Guess the song in the post above*
1. Think of a song.
2. Post the year of its release and the genre (as close as possible).
3. Then, use the refrain** - or - if the song does not have a refrain, the first 4 lines of the song.
4. Only post the first letter of each song.
- Has to be a song considered a "classic" or at least rather well known.
- No songs in foreign language that were not popular in UK or US
- The song should have been a #1 - #3 hit in any single charts
- Please indicate, if it's not the main single charts, mainstream single charts or respective genre single charts, WHAT country the song was famous in.
- Does NOT have to be a chart success, but then the song should be considered well-known and should be among the top hits / breakthrough hits of the respective artist.
*Min. 5 days for people to guess, if nobody gets it, you can skip.
**Has to have at least 4 lines of refrain.
I start with an example and then give you the first real song.
Easiest of them all to demonstrate
1987 - Dance Pop
N G G Y U N G L Y D
N G R A A D Y
N G M Y C N G S G
N G T A L A H Y
[SPOILER=Solution]Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up[/SPOILER]
So here's the first one for you.
1984 - Pop-Ballad
I N G D A
G F H G N R
T I E T P
I K Y N A F
Edited by Attacus, 24 November 2013 - 13:30.