Cannot join ttt server

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 05 October 2013 - 13:46

Hey guys, since last week, ive been having a problem joining the ttt server.

Basically, when its at the point of downloading stuff, it becomes absurdly slow (like one "bar" on the progress bar every five minutes). It gets slower and solwer everytime the progress bar gets filled a bit more. Then it completely stops.
Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 05 October 2013 - 13:56

Have you tried joining a different server?

I suppose you could try downloading the workshop pack before joining the server
76561198009946140.png

#3 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:16

Verify integrity of game cache?

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#4 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 06 October 2013 - 13:48

Its all right, I tried Revenge's suggestion and it works! :D

EDIT: It stopped working. Also, ive been having trouble connecting to the forums... Could these be linked?

Edited by Wazzamaniac, 06 October 2013 - 20:13.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 06 October 2013 - 20:20

Im having the same issue with the forum, sometimes I get little to no connection to the website, with pages not loading and getting timeout screens.
This has been affecting joining TTT as the Map DLs and the JoinURL are not working. The MapDLs (Graphs that you always have to do) go on for AGES, and miss 1-3 rounds because of it, and the JoinURL barley ever loads.
I meant to bring this up a week ago, but connection to the forum makes it hard. It happens usually between 07:00-13:00 England time (forum downtime).

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#6 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 06 October 2013 - 20:32

I've experienced the same issue, both with the forum, and joining the server. About 5 days ago I couldn't join the server at all. Now it works, but it takes longer than usual, especially (but not only) because it keeps downloading the same files every time i join.

Another issue I've experienced lately is that when I join the server, Everything is frozen for ~2 minutes. I'ts like I'm spectating freely, except that I can't use WASD to move around, I can only look using the mouse. Players' positions aren't updated either, so I can't follow what's happening. basically the only server information that is updated to me is voice and text chat.
- This doesn't happen after a map change, only right after I join.

#7 Luke

Luke

• 47 posts

Same shit, different day

• LocationBrno

Posted 06 October 2013 - 21:18

Yeah, it's been happening to me too recently. Sometimes I can join without a problem, sometimes I just can't. Unsubscribing and subscribing to the workshop pack sometimes helps, but sometimes it doesn't... and yeah, I also noticed there's a correlation between this and the forums not loading.

I've been also experiencing something similar to what Pandaboy's describing, but in my case, I just freeze in the midle of the round, not at the beginning. I thought it was just my connection dropping for a few seconds, but I guess it might be the same issue...

#8 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,554 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 00:04

Site = FastDL
Site down -> FastDL down

FastDL down -> Possible problems joining

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users