Is this allowed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Clarkey112

Clarkey112

• 639 posts

Clarkey

Posted 29 September 2013 - 16:51

Yesterday we were on rooftops and I bought a newton launcher and pushed someone off but they killed themselves before they hit the bottom so it didn't count as my kill.
I just wanted to know if people were allowed to do this and if not what would be the punishment?

How much wood would a wood chuck say he would chuck if a wood chuck could say how much wood he'd chuck if he could indeed chuck wood?

#2 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 29 September 2013 - 16:55

Lol.

For single incidents, I do not think this is punishable. It makes no difference towards the progress of the round.
It is a dickmove though, and a talk may be in order for repeated behavior.

LDT is LDT.

#3 Iksman

Iksman

• 541 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:45

Sorry Clarkey, I know you we're talking about me. Will never happen again!

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#4 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 784 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:46

Will never happen again!

You've turned it into a reflex by now Iksman.. good luck.

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#5 Attacus

Attacus

• 2,952 posts

aka Keith.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:06

In a way, this does interfere with the gameplay. Traitors get a bonus credit for performing well (I don't know the exact number, but I'm certain that it only works with actual Traitor kills). It's just one kill that is denied, but if everyone would do it, it would deny traitors all bonus credits. Just saying.

E: I'm not saying it's gamebreaking and should be forbidden. But I wanted to mention that it's not just a stats issue/dick move.
How many ranked players did it take to deal with a simple RDM? 3-4 Trusteds and a Moderator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:05

I don't think you are right, Keith. Traitors get a credit for every X dead innos. That includes deaths by falling or even teamkills AFAIK. A good example would be collapsing the building on ttt_rooftops. No-one gets the kills, yet Ts receive a credit when enough innos die there.

Or are you saying that when innocents get killed by Ts, traitors obtain bonus credits more often? In that case, I am not sure. You may be right.
00:00.00 - KILL: [LDT] Mayhem [innocent] killed King Shaunus [innocent]

#7 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,534 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:16

They're still withheld of points, karma bonus and killstreak progression.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#8 JamesJamesJames

JamesJamesJames

• 165 posts

Big Boobies.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 13:46

If more people start to do this, maybe then it will be worth a discussion.

#9 Neffo

Neffo

• 120 posts

User

Posted 30 September 2013 - 14:45

This ruins the game a bit, but i agree with James, we should only discuss this, if more people starts doing this

#10 Domnomnom

Domnomnom

• 2,585 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 01 October 2013 - 18:49

It doesn't require a formal rule. Just a talking to for people who do it really.

Or if it were a rule, just "Slaying yourself in a way that interferes with the gameplay is not allowed". Doesn't seem too controversial or hard to put through. I think everyone will agree that it isn't a fair thing to do?
Oui oui chevaux

#11 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:05

What about suiciding in the water trap on ttt_67thway?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:19

Does using the water trap count towards your kills? Last time I checked it counted as a world kill.

#13 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:08

Yeah, as Tabole says, there's no real difference if you suicide in that trap because that kill isn't counted towards the person that pushed it anyway.
76561198009946140.png

#14 JJHK

JJHK

• 1,803 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:31

Or if it were a rule, just "Slaying yourself in a way that interferes with the gameplay is not allowed". Doesn't seem too controversial or hard to put through. I think everyone will agree that it isn't a fair thing to do?

People often kill themselves when they're in a group of people or just next to someone, aswell. And this rule would also disallow that, and that's not really a problem in my eyes.

I'm undecided when it comes to this, because I sometimes kill myself as a traitor when I'm in a gunfight where I'm likely to lose. And I've seen others do it aswell.

So if a rule is going to be made, I'd like it to be a bit flexible. You can suicide, but not too much or something. After all, it's only TTT, disallowing everything will make it more of a HL2-SRSRPTTT.

#15 Unforeseen Physics

Unforeseen Physics

• 2,086 posts

Our last German

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:34

Well, detectives shouldn't kill themselves if they are just about to be finished off by a traitor, because killing a D = insta credit.

Also, the water trap on 67th counts drowns as kills for the one who pressed the button (because of the damage owner command as far as I know).
To steal kills from the water trap, just pop a discombob next to it and you will own all the kills of people who drowned in there.

#16 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:00

Is it possible to make it so that if you did recent damage to a player and then he get killed by a non-player entity or the player killed himself. That the kill goes to the player that did the most recent damage (Kinda like in DotA where you did a crap ton of damage to a player then a tower or enemy creeps get the last hit but the death still count as your kill).

But there should be a period where that happens (Like 15 sec after the player did damage to you, the "kill reward" is void untill someone else deal damage to you.

76561198037959911.png

#17 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:22

Is it really necessary? It is a dick move but that's it. It rarely happens and doesn't ruin the game at all. Just leave it.
00:00.00 - KILL: [LDT] Mayhem [innocent] killed King Shaunus [innocent]

#18 JamesJamesJames

JamesJamesJames

• 165 posts

Big Boobies.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:03

C-C-C-Combo Breaker.

Infraction given: Poor/useless post

Edited by Hardcore Bob, 04 October 2013 - 12:05.

#19 Death Money

Death Money

• 1 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 17 November 2013 - 16:56

Today blocked me Lynx every round then i killed him and he sayd it was RDM but it wasnt please de-rank him because hex blocking every man

INFRACTION GIVEN

Edited by Hardcore Bob, 17 November 2013 - 17:15.

#20 lynx

lynx

• 168 posts

User

• LocationNew vegas.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 17:04

Death Money, the reason I kept slaying you was because you kept RDMing. The reasons you were slain was because:
A: You killed me for following you
B: You killed me for blocking you.

Just adding also that you were claiming you could kill for people following or blocking...

00:55.01 - Death Money (innocent) killed Lynx (innocent) with a Deagle

You've never lived until you have touched an animal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users