• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:31

I've created this thread to prevent a whitelist application thread turning into a discussion of something else ^^

Jesus christ fix the server and make it publicly open, keep the whitelisting though, just accept everyone.

Add this plugin: http://dev.bukkit.or...lugins/mychunk/ and we're set.
The servers are dead because we don't have enough people that play.

Everyone keeps going like "duh, I don't trust you with my stuff", yet they don't even play and are afraid of their two diamonds and a workbench.

To be honest what max suggested might be a good idea.

What do you think? :)

Edited by Commander, 29 September 2013 - 15:00.

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#2 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:44

No Max!

I think it shouldn't be pubicly open, because now there is almost no chance in grief and such.
IMO this application thing works out just fine

And to Gaiden: As your only 2 posts on the forum are in this application, I should suggest getting to know the community more.
Make a thread in the Welcome section, for example.
It's a no from me, but I'm sure you'll get there when you take some time and play some more on the LDT servers!

As it seems you were just looking for a server to play on, regardless of what community, it seems you are unfortunately at the wrong place.
This server was meant to be for the people who play on the LDT servers on Garry's Mod. If you still want to join this server, you are going to have to play some gmod!

So, you're saying you enjoy playing all alone? go play singleplayer then and stop bothering me with your bad arguments.

Did you even bother clicking on the link? it'll allow you to buy chunks, in which nobody else can open chests or destroy blocks. We also have prism which logs every block change and allows for rollbacks.

The point of still having to apply prevents random griefers from randomly joining and causing trouble, while people from the outside who want to play still can.

On top of that, when did you join minecraft the last time iksman? I haven't seen you in at least 4 days, and before that you didn't play much either. You're exactly the kind of person i've been talking about, overprotective over things you don't even care about. I guess you want to make sure that nobody steals stuff while you're inactive for 3 months?

LDT's constant "WE ARE GMOD ONLY OMG OMG OMG OMG NOBODY ELSE ALLOWED" is starting to annoy me, we need to move forward. Right now we're just sitting in our little mudhole with 4 hatches on the surface in which people fall now and then.

#3 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 29 September 2013 - 13:16

Agreed. There is almost no one on the server, and it gets really boring playing alone. I rarely see people play (other than a few people like Mac and Cyrill)

It's more fun to have people to trade with, to showoff to and to discuss with. This server has been dying over and over again because people are not getting the point that a whitelist is not a durable solution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 xTorturer

xTorturer

• 810 posts

Runner till Death

• LocationSomewhere in Dutchlandia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:10

On top of that, when did you join minecraft the last time iksman? I haven't seen you in at least 4 days, and before that you didn't play much either. You're exactly the kind of person i've been talking about, overprotective over things you don't even care about. I guess you want to make sure that nobody steals stuff while you're inactive for 3 months?

Iksman and I have stopped around a week ago. Not because we don't care, but because we've started a project that draws all the focus.
He, I and a friend of ours decided to work on getting a server and we're currently working on the map. When we're finished and the server is up and running, I will be returning to the Modded Server for sure.
This is just a thing Iksman and I have been wanting to do for a while but couldn't really be arsed to.

Back to the topic however:
Although it's true that the server was initially intended to be for the LDT-community, I agree with Max and Wazza: let them in!
As far as I can tell, the server has died too many times, and letting new people in could make the Community grow..

2ZDJOHA.gif I LOV POKAYMUNS 2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif2ZDJOHA.gif

#5 woot835

woot835

• 2,647 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:15

Let them in

"Fucking butthole, Fucking ketchup"

- Loadingue 2014

#6 Clarkey112

Clarkey112

• 639 posts

Clarkey

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:17

I was waiting for the update before I started playing again and even then I have school work but yeah it is a good idea and I have no problem with it

How much wood would a wood chuck say he would chuck if a wood chuck could say how much wood he'd chuck if he could indeed chuck wood?

#7 Iksman

Iksman

• 550 posts

an absolute madman

• LocationBarendrecht

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:35

@Max

I guess you're right...
Sorry for not checking the link, now that I have, I can see some changes that can benefit the server.
And by putting it open to the public, I guess the server will be a bit more lively.

@Torturer

I didn't stop playing alltogether though, I will also return and check back every now and then

"How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real" - Jaden Smith

"What to heck ????" - Billy Ray Cyrus

"This all wouldnt be happend." - eddyke1

"Then is the pizza becomes cold" - Gio

[Steam] [Youtube] [Twitch]

#8 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:49

If we need a larger server population, then let's see how far we can loosen the strictness of allowing people in while keeping the trash out. Entirely opening the server might be a bad idea, we have no idea what kind of influx (both quantity and quality of people) we will get.

My suggestion:
-Anyone who is in ANY way related to LDT is accepted. Plays gmod, friend of someone, whatever. If you know LDT from anything but MC you can join.
-Anyone who is completely random, found the LDT MC by googling and wants to join, needs to pay a small fee (Like, 3 euros). This measure keeps out the trash.

This way, the server is accessibly to anyone. All community people and their friends get to play and all random people get to play, with the exception of kids trying to find a free server for whatever intentions they may have.

LDT is LDT.

#9 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:50

I think we've reached the point where we can drop the privilege aspect of the Minecraft server and open it up to more people.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#10 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,302 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:54

Then LDT is a mc hoster.

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#11 bongfeng5000

bongfeng5000

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 29 September 2013 - 14:59

Open the gates

Posted Image

Edited by TheMelonMan, 29 September 2013 - 21:29.

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#12 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 29 September 2013 - 15:00

My suggestion:
-Anyone who is in ANY way related to LDT is accepted. Plays gmod, friend of someone, whatever. If you know LDT from anything but MC you can join.
-Anyone who is completely random, found the LDT MC by googling and wants to join, needs to pay a small fee (Like, 3 euros). This measure keeps out the trash.

That sounds like it'd fix the problem pretty well.

Would the computer that's hosting the server be able to handle the extra load?
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#13 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 29 September 2013 - 15:12

Yes it will time rider.

76561197999667690.png

Spoiler

#14 SK_

SK_

• 723 posts

The other Irish guy!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 15:15

Nah it won't.

Be ready for greifers and trolls.

This open system will not work. Keep the current system.
If ANYONE says another fucking word I will blow something out of my arse - Gaycowboy

http://cex.io/inform...433c41fa5a3047/

#15 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 29 September 2013 - 15:18

The server is able to handle at least 60 players on vanilla, and my internet is able to handle 96 players ^^

But let's discuss this idea and not if the server can handle it :P
If not I got a stronger one upstairs :)

Edited by Commander, 29 September 2013 - 15:43.

76561197999667690.png

Spoiler

#16 Marmite

Marmite

• 2,272 posts

MADmin

Posted 29 September 2013 - 15:24

Whitelist but make it open to the public, it's not often someone like Gaiden will randomly find us or even want to use a server like ours. The server isn't hard to moderate, any griefers can be easily dealt with. I don't think they should pay for the privelage but they're still welcome to donate.

Nyan1.png

76561197982691682.png

#17 Maddy

Maddy

• 166 posts

Max

Posted 29 September 2013 - 18:48

I agree. Let them in.

#18 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 29 September 2013 - 19:11

Wow, I never would have expected such a bad idea from you.
This measure would keep out everyone from the outside, because there are so many alternatives which don't require payment.

One really important step for an open server would be the restriction of quarries, pumps and itempipes - they're the serverkiller

#19 dirtylemonpanda

dirtylemonpanda

• 213 posts

User

Posted 29 September 2013 - 19:12

Making someone pay to join the server would not be the best idea even if it was for only people who do not have any connections with the community. It would not attract actual Mc players then it would only attract players that would play for a short time and then stop again.

i say if they can be asked to find the community's website and make an account and apply for the white list then let them in not many trolls are going to go through the effort of doing that when their are hundreds of other servers to troll on anyway.

#20 Wazzamaniac

Wazzamaniac

• 1,798 posts

The moose man

Posted 29 September 2013 - 19:18

Or make permission groups for certain actions? (like Max said, quarries and pipes)

But yeah, nopay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users