• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 18 October 2013 - 18:16

It has now come to the point where I'm going to complain about this abomination of a map.
I'm not saying the MAP is bad, the layout and everything is good, if not a bit big and open, and always voted for because it's mineraft, but today, 4 people, including myself, fell through the map in the space of 2 minutes. The edges of the map seen to be go-throughable (I've forgotten the name of the entity tied to it), and parts of the map are see-through. Also, the map is laggy, not excessively, but enough to see a drop in FPS and many of the mechanics in it don't work, such as water.
I dunno, I like the map, but it's overplayed, buggy and laggy, and that's why I think it should go.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#42 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 18 October 2013 - 18:25

Overplayed? lolwut. I agree with the rest of the text though
76561198009946140.png

#43 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 18 October 2013 - 18:30

Overplayed

Ok, It's regularly picked when all the newbies are on, due to the minecraftness of it.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#44 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 19:09

When testing this map for the first time on my own, I started out extremely skeptical of it.
I was blown away to find an actual decent map with stunning similarity to the game, with a properly balanced mix of Minecraft-style landscapes and playability.

When testing the map for the first time with about ~15 people, pretty much everyone was extremely enthusiastic.

Now later I'm hearing complaints from a few people, as if it's the worst map in the world.
If more people show they object to this map I might launch a poll to remove it.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#45 UnDead

UnDead

• 727 posts

Mostly dead

• LocationBolton, United Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 19:58

Just played foundation and it's pretty poor.
Here are some things that people found bad about it:
Too foggy
Too open
Some parts of the water kill while others don't
Some parts of the map make you actually go through the map

76561198009536331.png
UnDead is now dead

#46 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 18 October 2013 - 21:00

I think Sky island is a pretty piss poor map too, for all the same reasons DAN posted

#47 Commander

Commander

• 1,633 posts

You Win or You Die

• LocationEindhoven

Posted 18 October 2013 - 22:30

Tbh I like the map, it's awesome :D
When we play this map I don't hear any complaints from people like the map sucks or some it just looks like everyone is enjoying it :)

When we were testing with bob around 12 of 15 people liked the map a lot.

76561197999667690.png

"You better add fox so you can feel normal with him" ~Dr Scheisse

"You know what would suck? If Half life 3 sucked." ~Pie

"This all wouldnt be happend." ~ eddyke1

"Tachibana.♥: Im German remember
Tachibana.♥: Heil Hitler."

Join Dropbox now! :)

Spoiler

#48 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 18 October 2013 - 22:51

I do like the map, but the negatives; eg Bugs and Glitches, outweigh the positives of it actually being the best "minecraft" map ever made.
My main 2 problems I HAVE with it are:
LADDERS: I seem to fall off them or can't get off them which causes my death
BLOCKS: Around the edges of the maps, where you wanna be as a T for sniping, many, but unpredictably, the blocks are not there, they have no physics, causing death.
I also hate the way water is not water in some cases, like the fountain, causing you to take damage if you jump into it, and the way the ma slightly drops my frame-rate is also a negative.
It's not a BAD map, but corners have been cut and thus makes the map annoying to play on FOR ME.
Personally, whenever this map is chosen, I groan, and to be honest, it's not a BAD map, like I said, but I would PREFER it to be fixed, because mechanically, the map is pretty bad, with those no physics blocks (func_illusion's maybe) and the ladders making parts of the map inaccessible to me, giving an unfair advantage, I think the map should be removed, even though I may be sad to see it go...
D:

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#49 Danbready

Danbready

• 3,510 posts

The Irish Guy!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 19:05

Clue_pack ...

Ban C4 (Shh Revenge)

Religion is like a penis;
It's good to have one, and you should be proud proud of it!
But don't go taking it out in public and don't go around shoving it down other people's throats...

#50 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:22

Sorry but when you are stupid enough to vote for clue_pak when there are 20 people on the server, you deserve to be wiped out by a single C4. I don't usually use C4s but this map with many people is the exception. I'm not talking directly to you, Dan, but overally to people who do that.
00:00.00 - KILL: [LDT] Mayhem [innocent] killed King Shaunus [innocent]

#51 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:53

I love clue pak with tons of people
It's hilarious, a few c4's and everyone is dead, except for those people who have sound and are smart enough to not sit in the main areas.

#52 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 October 2013 - 16:31

cs_evilisland_v5

Add this one Bob! I've approved it so you don't have to bother testing it first.

#53 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 19:00

Coming right up.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#54 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 23:50

Evil island, Lost 2, Vegas and Commancher have been on the server for a day now, haven't heard anything about it until I forced them on just tonight.

Evil Island seemed nice but quite large and might suffer from ttt_enclave/ttt_whitehouse complex. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on that. Also we agreed that the re-arm wasn't very well done by Revengekeuh. (Sorry man) The map does have a lot of I/O like a working rocket launch.

Lost seemed good, a bit large at points, but would certainly work for 16 players and up.

Vegas was the shit, seemed a really good size and very interesting map.

I haven't looked at the number of guns and ammo yet, we might have to revise that as well.
Commancher didn't have a turn yet either.

#55 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 23:50

Evil island, Lost 2, Vegas and Commancher have been on the server for a day now, haven't heard anything about it until I forced them on just tonight.

Evil Island seemed nice but quite large and might suffer from ttt_enclave/ttt_whitehouse complex. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on that. Also we agreed that the re-arm wasn't very well done by Revengekeuh. (Sorry man) The map does have a lot of I/O like a working rocket launch.

Lost seemed good, a bit large at points, but would certainly work for 16 players and up.

Vegas was the shit, seemed a really good size and very interesting map.

I haven't looked at the number of guns and ammo yet, we might have to revise that as well.
Commancher didn't have a turn yet either.

#56 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 24 October 2013 - 20:39

I have played only two of these maps the first being Evil Island which I thought was great, it does have a lot of areas which can be a rather nice thing. I agree with Bob that it is a large map but I think in time people will learn to pick this map when the right amount of people are on the server.

Commancher - I didn't like how dark it was for most of the map imo, I think the hanging area is a bit of a piss take especially for those who don't know about it.

#57 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 17 November 2013 - 22:20

TTT_Nightmare_Church_BETA_2

http://www.garrysmod...=view&id=134713

Cool map, 35 spawns if your interested to know.

76561198037959911.png

#58 Martinmw

Martinmw

• 305 posts

"Hatakaru"

Posted 28 January 2014 - 19:28

So when we getting new maps?

#59 bongfeng5000

bongfeng5000

• 2,619 posts

ayyyy

Posted 29 January 2014 - 18:55

When people suggest them I guess?

Yeah because I wasn't the was I?!?

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in
copping wavey garms on the daily

"why would you get mad at a game?" - Marmite

#60 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 01 May 2014 - 00:03

http://steamcommunit...893&searchtext=

After looking at it ingame. I really like it. The fog might be something to address tho.

76561198037959911.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users