• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Marcs

Marcs

• 25 posts

New User

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:59

Hey,

Just a general question really, I was wondering if LDT would ever get a Prop Hunt or Dark RP server? These are my two favourite game types and I would love to see them appear in LDT. I'm saying by any means you should get them because of me, just a general question. :D

Thanks in advance,
Marcs.

Edit: Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums. I didn't really know where to put it.

Edited by Marcs, 04 September 2013 - 15:00.
might be in the wrong section of the forums.

#2 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,303 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 04 September 2013 - 15:02

Every single RP server is a failure even the game mode.

And prop hunt I'm not too sure about, there is just as many prophunt servers as there is TTT servers now.

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#3 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,704 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 04 September 2013 - 15:10

I don't think Prop hunt is really worth a server by itself.

We've declined RP so many times. :P

#4 Catkillerfive

Catkillerfive

• 2,801 posts

doating all day

• Steam:Catkillerfive
  • LocationDalaran

Posted 04 September 2013 - 15:34

Dark RP is a big Nono, the Roleplay gamemode require heavy moderation and Dark RP in general is a bad gamemode.

Prophunt might work, but only if it can stand out somehow (Better map qualities, better gamemode design, etc..).

Posted Image

76561198037959911.png

#5 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 04 September 2013 - 15:43

Dark RP should be officially renamed to Dark Deathmatch..

#6 Demon

Demon

• 270 posts

Legion Scarlett

Posted 04 September 2013 - 16:05

instead of just prophunt why not bring back the minigames server?

#7 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 04 September 2013 - 16:22

I would love to see a PropHunt or a Minigames server! Maybe having they rolled into one server of Minigames would be fun, along with some other short game modes, I dunno, like stop it Slender.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

#8 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 04 September 2013 - 16:35

Slender is fun but only once in a while and when everyone is playing together. I don't think it is worth to have a server for it.

#9 Marcs

Marcs

• 25 posts

New User

Posted 04 September 2013 - 16:50

Slender is alright, but it's nothing really worth coming back to. Once you have played it for like an hour you get a bit bored...personal opinion of it, anyway. Okay so not RP but Prop Hunt hardly requires Admins/Trusted or whatever because there's only a couple rules you need to follow and people with Vote Kick/Ban should be more than enough to keep out rule breakers. Like Catkillerfive said it needs to stand out, but there's only so much you can do within game design to still make the game mode work. It's basically hide and seek and you can't really change that up. There are very limited custom Prop Hunt maps so that's the main way to make a server like that stand out is if it has custom maps. Things such as a shop and custom weapons can easily be incorporated. Just have to find people to make maps.

I've never really played Mini Games so I don't have much of an opinion worth sharing.

#10 Chazwhick

Chazwhick

• 579 posts

the PUNisher

Posted 04 September 2013 - 17:03

I think Slender and Prophunt would do better if they were apart of a minigame server, best of both worlds?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunit...m/id/chazwhick/

Stephen hawking can't even move his arms and he wrote a dozen books without error.
Your impairment is NOT an excuse.

#11 EarthwormEd

EarthwormEd

• 2,645 posts

Wat is dat?

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:02

I actually approve of a prophunt server. A lot of big youtube names are playing it and it would increase popularity.
Posted Image

#12 Daniel

Daniel

• 1,543 posts

GMR Addict!

• LocationEngland

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:39

If anything we should stick with gathers for Minigames and Prophunt. That's when the gamemodes are most enjoyed. Dark RP is just a no.

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,560 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:53

Of all ideas in this thread I'm feeling the most for a minigames server.
For most suggestions the same goes: Fun, but not fun enough to run 24/7.
This goes for Prophunt and Slendy.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#14 Krunder

Krunder

• 323 posts

Regular User

Posted 05 September 2013 - 00:39

Just a suggestion on top. Why not a minigames sort of thing which votes for a gamemode and Prophunt and Slendy are in the voting?

#15 Dart-Lobrik

Dart-Lobrik

• 1,075 posts

Comrade

• LocationMoscow

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:17

/\ This /\

BillzSkillz - That could be the missing touch, some drug assisted wisdom look. Damn aliens.

YSGe0mu.jpgI want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl!

#16 Ministry

Ministry

• 339 posts

Regular User

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:12

As catkiller said RP requires heavy moderation and a decant amount of time and effort to code it for it to even be decant.
That Australian guy!

#17 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,560 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:09

Just a suggestion on top. Why not a minigames sort of thing which votes for a gamemode and Prophunt and Slendy are in the voting?

Posted Image

That's pretty much the focus of this thread.

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#18 Marcs

Marcs

• 25 posts

New User

Posted 05 September 2013 - 16:37

I didn't even know it was possible to incorporate Stop It Slender and Prop Hunt in a Minigames server. If that is the case, I would love to see a Minigames server. :)

#19 Neffo

Neffo

• 120 posts

User

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:35

Just no to darkrp..

But prophunt on the other hand would be cool <3

#20 BOT Dan

BOT Dan

• 434 posts

Dont tell GLaDOS Im here!

• LocationChavington, UK

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:36

At the end of most PropHunt gamemodes DLd off of the Workshop it actually askes what Gamemode next, with PropHunt being the only one.
It can't be that hard, just before the map changes execute the gamemode command and that's it.

OgsQ4SS.jpg

76561198054105945.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users