#22 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 22:26

Definitely not Valve made and therefore not leaked. :P

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#23 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 03 November 2013 - 22:53

What makes you so sure?
The most patient man in the world

#24 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,302 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 03 November 2013 - 23:15

TF2CrunchyFrog 1 hour ago
I highly doubt that.
If Valve had made it, and it's obviously thematically related to the currently running Scream Fortress V "Helltower" event, they would have officially uploaded it along with the "Grave Matters" comic as the Halloween event began on Oct 29, 2013.
Also, the story repvented here does not mesh with what Valve has done with Merasmus, and it only uses existing voice lines.
This was made by a fan.

that and, no it's defiantly not valve made

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#25 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:45

Not so sure

Posted Image

#26 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 13:24

Maybe it's both, Valve asked a YouTuber to do this.

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#27 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 04 November 2013 - 17:33

A random YouTuber? Of all the people on YouTube who know how to make SFM films (especially thanks to the Saxxies), they apparently choose someone no one knows?

Also, the comment you reposted, GayCowboy, someone responded to it with:

No offense but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, have you ever used SFM? Do you know what kind of content is publicly available for it and how much work it is to make something like this?
This video revolves around content that was only released to the public 36 hours before this video was published, not to mention the content that has never been publicly available, such as Merasmus with facial flexes. Please don't assert things that you obviously know very little about.

And I agree. How could a fan get access to so many resources, and make an SFM movie so consistent and refined? Such quality is extremely rarely found outside of official videos. This is obviously (a) professional(s') work, and if it wasn't made by Valve, it was undoubtedly affiliated to Valve.

Best theory is; this is an recently abandoned SFM video made by Valve for the Halloween update. One of the employees didn't want it to go to waste, adjusted a few things an uploaded it on YouTube.

#28 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 04 November 2013 - 19:38

A random YouTuber? Of all the people on YouTube who know how to make SFM films (especially thanks to the Saxxies), they apparently choose someone no one knows?

New account duhhhh

LDT is LDT.

#29 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 19:52

Best theory is; this is an recently abandoned SFM video made by Valve for the Halloween update. One of the employees didn't want it to go to waste, adjusted a few things an uploaded it on YouTube.

Has Valve ever made anything re-using ingame sounds? No.

Besides, it happens often that someone with no YouTube account just makes something super awesome and then makes one just for that. I've even seen people who DO have an account, but they say the account is used for other stuff, has a bad name or is just littered with other kinds of videos.

#30 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 04 November 2013 - 23:07

Has Valve ever made anything re-using ingame sounds? No.

Bob pls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

Besides, it happens often that someone with no YouTube account just makes something super awesome and then makes one just for that. I've even seen people who DO have an account, but they say the account is used for other stuff, has a bad name or is just littered with other kinds of videos.

That's a possibility, but face the evidence: it's possibility versus almost certainty.

This is Valve-made. Don't argue it's not just because it's not officially endorsed (yet).

#31 yagwog

yagwog

• 6,302 posts

fucking degenerate i'll post when i want fam ldt is shit sti

Posted 05 November 2013 - 00:23

Re used? They're using it in a context of an actual game of tf2.

They reused all of it for even SPEECH ONE ON ONE

my response to vaping being "cool" tbh fam

"stimulates the same circuitry that was simulated when u sucked on ur mommas titty

faggot"

#32 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:51

I'm sorry, nitpick. Let me rephrase.

Valve has never made anything using existing sound-bytes excusively.

Or...

Valve has never made anything using existing voice clips. (Pyro's mumbling can not be considered a voice)

Also, I'm not rejecting the possibility, I'm just providing reasons why I doubt it is so, because you fail to see them.

#33 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 05 November 2013 - 15:53

Content is often slipped into the game before an actual update goes live.
Perhaps some sounds were already in the game, or new entity names that hinted at magic fireballs and the like.

LDT is LDT.

#34 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 05 November 2013 - 16:02

I checked that, and it was not the case. Even if it was the case, they couldn't have possibly known about the new gamemode with the skeletons, and even less have access to all models related to it. Without also mentioning the Merasmus model that has flexes, something that was never released by Valve, nor worked on by anyone publicly.

@Bob: I've weighted all the reasons for each side, and common sense tells me this is Valve's work.

#35 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 19:51

Valve made, possibly.
Will Valve ever admit to it, or publish it officially? Hell no.

#36 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 05 November 2013 - 21:54

Looking at the first 10 seconds shows it is not a professional valve production.

LDT is LDT.

#37 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 05 November 2013 - 22:39

Looking at the first 10 seconds shows it is not a professional valve production.

Why? Too comical? Maybe that's why they abandoned it.

#38 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 05 November 2013 - 22:47

The quality of everything.

LDT is LDT.

#39 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 05 November 2013 - 23:42

Yes, you're truly a fine SFM connoisseur, and know perfectly what you're talking about. This is obviously amateur work, despite the consistent scenario, the perfect direction, the custom high-quality models, and the complex mo-capped animations and facial expressions. Truly amateur work.

#40 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,557 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 00:25

If you can honestly not tell the difference between this guy's and official Valve animation I feel very sorry for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users