View New Content
Forums
Photo
- - - - -

FloodMod [BETA] Bugs, updates & suggestions thread!

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#221 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 24 July 2014 - 22:10

that's a bug that sometimes happens, just try to add an admin in steam and ask him politely to restart the server.

#222 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 24 July 2014 - 22:24

I'll do it now.

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#223 AlowlAlfur

AlowlAlfur

• 5 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 25 August 2014 - 17:49

After a while of playing Flood, I enjoy it. The LDT server has amazing menus that feel good and comfortable to use. And the server always has a few people on it to play. But there seems to be no enforcement of the rules of late and I constantly see people doing the Locker Tower Weld exploit, Or kamikaze boat rushing (At the beginning of the round) Or sometimes messing other people's boats up mid-build.

As a newish player, I can never seem to have a lot of fun when playing, as I keep seeing these rules broken.

On top that, trying to put up with it results in games being over in seconds as some more experienced players have expensive weapons (Who are usually breaking the rules) and me only affording a cheap pistol. So I think there should be some more ways to punish players cheesing the rules or have some kind of Admin to check up on the Flood server.

Any means of this happening? Or is it possible to make someone the Flood Server Manager?

#224 Donny

Donny

• 4 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 25 September 2014 - 17:23

Greetings everyone, I'm Donny.

After that little time I've been around the LDT gameservers (mostly Flood), I decided to join the forum community as well.

I'd like to specify a few general suggestions/bug fixes and some for the flood server:

General:

• Such thing as cross-over chat is a vital thing, especially when there are plenty of server with a decent player base, which usually requires that for, either reporting rule-breaking behavior (in which case it requires something less publicly viewed that i will discuss in the next point), or just a simple daily chit chat between the regulars.
  • As mentioned in the previous point, when it comes to reporting rule breakers via cross-over chat, you don't really need or want the hassle of the pointless comments of other members, which can either lead into arguments or into dissuading the rule breakers from continuing (which can be a good thing since they would actually stop, but a bad thing since they would do it just to escape the punishment and continue afterwards). Concluding, a command such /admin , which would be a private chat viewed only by the admins or moderators of all the servers and just them, could make the perfect example of the suggestion.
  • The pointshop addon has ended up being overused by a sh*tload of servers, this is why some attend to some less mainstream solutions such as unique currencies, shop menus/content, and elegant user-friendly huds to access those.
  • I have also noticed that the FastDL links that get executed automatically on server join return an HTTP error, hence possible data leaks.

Flood:

• Starting with the simplest thing, since i had to deal with some missing vgui and sound files of css weapons that for some reason gmod did not include, i came across some console errors for silkicons. Starting off, i'd just like to mention that the current structure of the silkicons seems to be having the outdated script because of "material/gui/silkicons/". The newest version is moved into "icon16/" and the silkicons themselves are png files. You could either update that, or keep the current version, but just make sure you provide a download for them. I personally had to install them manually to remove all the errors.
  • A variety of maps is also an extremely important plus for the server, as it takes away the boredom and the dull atmosphere. You could decompile some maps, adjust everything to fit your needs or requirements, and perhaps add the community logo on a wall. Here are some maps that i personally have favorited already: 1, 2, 3.

That would be all for now. Thank you for your time and effort put into reading this.

-Don

bf2rh0.png

#225 Revengekeuh

Revengekeuh

• 1,727 posts

Puking Clouds

Posted 25 September 2014 - 18:57

I appreciate all the feedback but was this really needed?

General:

1. Not a fan of having an overall chat system, if you want to report rulebreakers you can hop on TS and ask anyone with a T, M, A or O behind their names, they can always help you out. you can obviously always add some people on steam to speed this process up a bit.

2. Who says admins don't have a private chat like that? ;)

3. The pointshop differs on every server I believe and since the Flood server (I assume you play on this one because of your Flood feedback) still has the standard content because it's currently only in Beta. I'm sure that when the gamemode gets released an updated version with possible items from other servers will be added. 

Flood: 

2. The idea of having more maps in Flood has been suggested before and I think some mappers even got started making them, not sure what the progress is on them. 

Not going over the other points cause I don't have knowledge about them

76561198009946140.png

#226 Donny

Donny

• 4 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 25 September 2014 - 19:54

Let's see..

was this really needed?

Ofcourse, it's my own style. ;)

General:

1. Not a fan of having an overall chat system, if you want to report rulebreakers you can hop on TS and ask anyone with a T, M, A or O behind their names, they can always help you out. you can obviously always add some people on steam to speed this process up a bit.

2. Who says admins don't have a private chat like that? ;)

3. The pointshop differs on every server I believe and since the Flood server (I assume you play on this one because of your Flood feedback) still has the standard content because it's currently only in Beta. I'm sure that when the gamemode gets released an updated version with possible items from other servers will be added. 

Flood: 

2. The idea of having more maps in Flood has been suggested before and I think some mappers even got started making them, not sure what the progress is on them. 

Not going over the other points cause I don't have knowledge about them

General:

1.  You can't address to each individual and tell him that, it takes too much work and usually too much work drives people away from the process this thing has.
  2. Well, if you read the above suggestion again, you will see that besides the chat itself i specify it's functions, by which i mean allowance of use from any member, yet only viewed to mods and above.
  3. It's not only the items, it's the whole concept. It's overally overused. What i'm saying pretty much is that there should be a custom currency, a custom shop and a bunch of custom items. It's like, trying to be different, yet using the most commonly used methods to do so.

And again, thanks for your time.

bf2rh0.png

#227 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,265 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 25 September 2014 - 20:37

I can only address 1 or 2 points as I'm currently installing an OS to my dev machine.

Floods point shop is pretty much placeholder, it's not staying like that trust me, when I have something more concrete I'll explain it in my flood thread.

Yes the map idea has been suggested, I'm working on a global map vote system, having daughter has just slowed its release but it could easily be put on flood, decompiling maps is a big no no though, we either use maps suggested or our own created content.

Also FastDL is being phased out, I'm in the middle of a workshop add-on for the server, just hang in there a little longer (a week pretty much)

Much love.
  • TheMelonMan and Donny like this

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#228 Donny

Donny

• 4 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 25 September 2014 - 22:52

Well that gives a feeling of relief. I'm glad and i can't wait. I suppose i should start working on a map for future use. ;)

bf2rh0.png

#229 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:31

Yeah sure, make a map.

A request: We need rooms and like groovy shit on the walls with tons of different colors.

LDT is LDT.

#230 Swagmeister69

Swagmeister69

• 1 posts

Forum Newbie

Posted 07 January 2015 - 16:44

Hey, the Flood server has been down since yesterday. Can an admin reset it or something?

#231 Fox

Fox

• 1,203 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 07 January 2015 - 17:34

Your Name burned my eyes.

You can just add an admin/owner from the memberlist and ask kindly to restart it, besides this isn't a thread for such since servers always crash from time to time and then need a restart. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users