Deathrun map

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 12 August 2013 - 17:44

Then you don't know much about the source engine to think like that.

Please don't try to port the map, just copy and paste all brushwork into a new .vmf and start again with the correct sdk version.

This is an assumption...

*edit*
Anyway I think i failed epicly, didnt think about that, I thought Garrys mod could alrdy handle that. So as its takes a whole lot of time to get all this stuff into another version of the SDK i will finish this map for CS:GO and afterwards I'll start a new project with bigger corridors and stuff. I will post that map for everybody who owns CS:GO when its done! :)

Edited by Dago, 12 August 2013 - 18:04.

#22 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:19

Based on your posts I would say it's a pretty good assumption.

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#23 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:32

No its not. Basicly I used the CS:GO SDK cuz I just wanned to try something and the old SDK didnt work cause of this "Every game has to change to the Common folder" update. So i was annoyed and didnt want to spend time on finding out how to fix that (to everybody who is interessted in how to fix the problem that you cant use the old SDK, Click me ). So after spending some time in hammer I tought I could create this map and didnt think about the problem that Garrys mod may not be able to handle this Source engine Build or rather I tought i could compile the map in the old SDK. So in the end my own lazyness kick me in my ass.

#24 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:35

So you deny that FRAG's assumption is correct, and then you confirm that he was right two sentences later?

#25 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:59

Look, I'm not having a dig at you, you were told by 3 or 4 of us that this map would not work, it's a lesson learnt and trust me I've learnt a lot of lessons in my years as a level designer, it never stops.

You can copy all the brushwork, copy+paste it to a new vmf file and then load up the cs:s hammer editor, if it still crashes that could mean one of two things.

There's a brush somewhere causing some problems, an easy fix if we have the compile log.

or

You using the out of date Source SDK Launcher.

76561197980033738.png

#26 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 12 August 2013 - 19:35

Look, I'm not having a dig at you, you were told by 3 or 4 of us that this map would not work, it's a lesson learnt and trust me I've learnt a lot of lessons in my years as a level designer, it never stops.

You can copy all the brushwork, copy+paste it to a new vmf file and then load up the cs:s hammer editor, if it still crashes that could mean one of two things.

There's a brush somewhere causing some problems, an easy fix if we have the compile log.

or

You using the out of date Source SDK Launcher.

Nah I am not. Using the Beta ( as i alrdy said in the last post). Even if I would do that i'd still have to remake all the traps and lights n stuff. The points is that its not that i am mapping for 3 days or stuff, and just cause i did that mistake you tread me like an total mapping noob, thats the whole point.

#27 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 21:02

Problem is, your reaction when we were talking about incompatible build versions and also saying we were wrong made it seem like you were a total noob.

76561197980033738.png

#28 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 12 August 2013 - 21:09

Problem is, your reaction when we were talking about incompatible build versions and also saying we were wrong made it seem like you were a total noob.

Yea sorry about that. I was just so sure that it would work that way. So anyway lets stop discussion. Thanks for your support mate. :D

#29 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,278 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 22:06

Absolutely fine :)

Add me on steam, I'll add you to my mappers list.

Steam name: shadix121

76561197980033738.png

#30 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 13 August 2013 - 16:56

Done

#31 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 17 August 2013 - 18:36

Hey Guys,

sorry but i am not able to post pictures since my computer or more my girlfriends equipment brought me into some trouble. Her computer is so bad not even the hammer editor is working on it. How ever, i am going to post some pic of changes and traps i made on monday or tuesday.

Stuff I did.

• Made a simple working elevator with 3 levels in it (+ Trap looks very good :D )
  • Fixed some lightning bugs, especially at the stairs next to the elevator
  • After the stairs/evalator there will be an canal way, started making it and tought about some traps
  • Changed and added serval models

(sry for double posting)

Edit*
If you have any ideas what else i could add or have any suggestions about traps or stuff just let me know :)

#32 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 18:59

Don't make it too long, we only have 5 minutes to kill the deaths, and you generally like about 3 minutes to complete the map.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users