• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:30

Hey Guys,

i dont realy know if anybody on this forum knows me. :D I played serval times on your Deathrun Server. How ever. By playing this i noticed that there are not that many fancy and good looking maps so i decided to make one on my own. I spend 2 Days for this map alrdy and its not done so but i want to give you a look to the very very very early alpha. I hope you enjoy my idea.

Click me to go to YouTube

I would appricate it if you make some suggestions and tell me what you think about the map, but while rating the map remember its an EARLY Alpha.

Thanks! :)

#2 Trif

Trif

• 1,586 posts

Diceroller

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:18

Looks pretty cool!

Be wary about cramming 39 people into an extremely narrow area in the beginning :P.

I think we should hook up an AI to the servers which is able to detect retards, displaying a message to them that they have to insert a coin to play.

#3 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:37

39 people in tiny corridors is never fun.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#4 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:12

39 people in tiny corridors is never fun.

Yea I already tought about that problem. Maybe it would be better if i'd add an direct way to the bigger hall with an door that opens when the first player passed the corridor.

#5 aLx^

aLx^

• 208 posts

Stealthy Nigger Aimboter

• LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:49

Theres already a deathrunmap suggestion theard... xD

#6 The Time Rider

The Time Rider

• 1,376 posts

Retard.

• LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 13:29

Actually Alx, since it's a map in progress, it should go in the Development forums.
"There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race and finish the farce" -Mark Twain
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”-Mark Twain

#7 Slendy the Slenderman

Slendy the Slenderman

• 396 posts

Regular User

• LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 09 August 2013 - 14:30

looks good :D but I agree on making the corridors bigger it could get crazy when the server is full

#8 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 09 August 2013 - 18:09

looks good :D but I agree on making the corridors bigger it could get crazy when the server is full

Making the corridors bigger would make the map look bad. After the stairs you see in the last moments of the video there will be sonething bigger. Ill post it as soon as its ready to show :)

#9 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Not your normal S'H'A'R'K

Posted 09 August 2013 - 18:44

Why is the map in CS:GO, are you using the CS:GO SDK??

[FRAGleveldesign.com] "The home of FRAG"

76561197980033738.png

#10 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 09 August 2013 - 19:44

Why is the map in CS:GO, are you using the CS:GO SDK??

Yea I do. It has a simple reason why i do that. In L4D 2 there was the option to see the lightning live in hammer editor. I tought that the SDK of CS:GO is able to do that do but it doesnt. :S

#11 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 19:51

But you should be using a SDK like CS:S to be fully compatible with all players.

76561197980033738.png

#12 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 09 August 2013 - 22:09

Wont be a problem, I think all textures should be fully supported, but ill check that out b4 releasing the map. Thanks for that hint ;)

*edit* Ill will post new Screenshots and/or Videos on this thread next friday! Think the map will be in an early beta then.

#13 Hardcore Bob

Hardcore Bob

• 19,546 posts

I am the one who knocks.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 14:50

Yes it will be a problem. It's not just about textures man, you're talking about using a different engine build!

Twitter.png _____ steam-icon-32.png _____ lgfDCxv.png

Game Reviews | Gathers | Send me a PM [/size]

"If you cry because someone on the internet calls you a retard, you are a retard and should not be on the internet." - Psycix

#14 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 15:15

^
This.

76561197980033738.png

#15 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,431 posts

Owner

Posted 10 August 2013 - 18:19

BSP should still be somewhat compatible. As long as he checks for CSGO model and texture dependencies it should work.

LDT is LDT.

#16 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 18:36

Lighting will be different, could cause serious artifacts, also any entities using new params could become somewhat fucked.

76561197980033738.png

#17 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 11 August 2013 - 21:10

Lighting will be different, could cause serious artifacts, also any entities using new params could become somewhat fucked.

I am not home right now. I will proof you on an sample that it will work.

#18 Max

Max

• 3,257 posts

I like rusty stuff

Posted 11 August 2013 - 22:36

I'll want to see that too.

#19 Dago

Dago

• 15 posts

Mapper

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:13

Soo i tried something. It wont load if you just port the bsp to your gmod maps folder as I was sure about too. So I just tried to load the VMF in that old hammer editor and it works but not that well. So tried to make a small map in CS:GO and port it to that old version of hammer editor. It worked but if i am trying to port my bigger map to it it just crashes, I found serval post about this problem and some ppl alrdy ported de_dust2 and so on from CS:GO to CS:S so it should be possible. I didnt thought they made that big changes even thought that Portal 2 maps and content works well on gmod.

#20 FRAG

FRAG

• 6,274 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 13:10

Then you don't know much about the source engine to think like that.

Please don't try to port the map, just copy and paste all brushwork into a new .vmf and start again with the correct sdk version.

76561197980033738.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users