Prop-flying on ttt_forest

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 20 September 2013 - 21:28

I don't get it, is it related to how much of the body is in the ceiling?
The most patient man in the world

#22 Cyrill Jones

Cyrill Jones

• 2,156 posts

JAH!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 21:30

Well, of course, you're not supposed to be there. It's glitch abuse.

Inaat : urban ddpat

Inaat : u serios

#23 Psycix

Psycix

• 11,430 posts

Owner

Posted 20 September 2013 - 23:35

It's related to how much glitch is required in order to get stuck in that position.

You're glitching yourself stuck into a position that makes you hard to find, therefor stalling the game, and sometimes perhaps an overpowered sniping position.
Basically: You can sit in any location where the mapmaker has intended people to be able to sit. Being stuck in the skybox is not one of those locations.

LDT is LDT.

#24 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:07

I was not in the skybox, I was just in the map "ceiling" (not even exactly "in" it either, just against it). Anyone could still easily snipe me, especially since I could not move. That's not really being in a place where I'm hard to find, the radar would immediately show my location.

I was told in this very thread, that I could use prop-flying to go anywhere, under the conditions that I don't interfere with the game, and can still be easily killed. That is the case here.

#25 Tabole

Tabole

• 1,446 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:48

I was told in this very thread, that I could use prop-flying to go anywhere

The above is for ttt_forest only.

roy_the_ship.

Posted Image

#26 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:59

On roy the ship, it is possible to glitch out of the map when prop flying. It is pretty common, you can't move or be shot. I would have slain you as well.
00:00.00 - KILL: [LDT] Mayhem [innocent] killed King Shaunus [innocent]

#27 JJHK

JJHK

• 1,803 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:18

I was not in the skybox, I was just in the map "ceiling" (not even exactly "in" it either, just against it). Anyone could still easily snipe me, especially since I could not move. That's not really being in a place where I'm hard to find, the radar would immediately show my location.

I was told in this very thread, that I could use prop-flying to go anywhere, under the conditions that I don't interfere with the game, and can still be easily killed. That is the case here.

But dude. Does it matter? You know you can't do fuck all up there anyways, but spectating, of course. Just leave it be, and I suggest this to be put in the rules.

"If you get stuck in skybox or any other inaccessible area of the map, you are out of the game, and a ranked player may slay you if he/she feel it's necessary"

Maybe that but something shorter, so we don't get anymore questions.

#28 Blackheart

Blackheart

• 4,701 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:26

I was not in the skybox, I was just in the map "ceiling" (not even exactly "in" it either, just against it).

Do tell everyone how you know this as exact information.

#29 Loadingue

Loadingue

• 5,695 posts

Never ever

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:36

On roy the ship, it is possible to glitch out of the map when prop flying. It is pretty common, you can't move or be shot. I would have slain you as well.

I didn't know that, it had never happened to me on any map.

Do tell everyone how you know this as exact information.

I believe only my head was stuck in the ceiling, but maybe I was entirely out of the map for all I could know.

Alright then, you're all right. I'll be more careful. Though for the record, it was accidental prop-flying; I picked up one of the map's custom props and immediately got stuck in it and kept going up until I hit the ceiling. I never got suck like that using the regular prop-flying method.

#30 Pandaboy

Pandaboy

• 940 posts

Maps - Models - Textures

Posted 21 September 2013 - 13:10

JJ, we don't need a specific rule about being stuck in normally inaccessable areas. I believe that falls into the glitch/exploit category.

#31 Mayhem

Mayhem

• 697 posts

Get your facts straight

Posted 21 September 2013 - 13:30

It happens only on roy_the_ship, Loadingue. From your point of view, it looks like that just the upper half of your body is stuck but other people don't see anything but your weapon. Not even your name appears and you cannot be shot.
00:00.00 - KILL: [LDT] Mayhem [innocent] killed King Shaunus [innocent]

#32 JJHK

JJHK

• 1,803 posts

Forum Regular

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:31

JJ, we don't need a specific rule about being stuck in normally inaccessable areas. I believe that falls into the glitch/exploit category.

We clearly do, though. Seeing as this thread exists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users